PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Lemmon

vie
01-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Tucson in febuary to get some milage on my bike. I live in Montreal, Quebec, i'll get away from the cold and the snow for two weeks :cool:

About Mt. Lemmon, is it possible to ride my road bike on Catalina Hwy all the way to the top or is there snow up there ?
Do you have suggestions for great rides starting from Sunrise Dr near the mountains ?

Thanks !

mtkitchn
01-08-2007, 05:49 PM
There is no snow up there right now. I haven't ridden to the top, but know of others who have, and I'm planning to do it within the next couple months. You might try googling GABA Tucson for rides in that area.

mtkitchn
02-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Since I last posted, there has been a lot of snow in the Tucson area, and they did close the road. Not sure if it will be closed when you get here. Good luck!

vie
02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Since I last posted, there has been a lot of snow in the Tucson area, and they did close the road. Not sure if it will be closed when you get here. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll see it when I get there this saturday.

Do you have any suggestions for a great ride in the Tucson area ?

mtkitchn
02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey Vie, come join us at the Picacho Peak Century on Sunday. There is another thread in this section on it!

vie
02-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey Vie, come join us at the Picacho Peak Century on Sunday. There is another thread in this section on it!

I would love to come. Maybe for the 35 miles ride. I have to include to ride back and forth from the condo i'm staying at. I'll ride to the starting point.

But i'm having trouble finding the starting point. Can you give me info on that ?
An Adress would help so I can google map it !

Thanks.

mtkitchn
02-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey Vie,
The ride starts at the intersection of Cortaro and Silverbell Roads in NW Tucson.
Hope to see you there!
I will be there around 8am driving a Ford F150 Blue pickup and riding a Trek Pilot 5.0 (silver), but not sure what I'll be wearing yet.
Say hi if you're there!
Sue

vie
02-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey Vie,
The ride starts at the intersection of Cortaro and Silverbell Roads in NW Tucson.
Hope to see you there!
I will be there around 8am driving a Ford F150 Blue pickup and riding a Trek Pilot 5.0 (silver), but not sure what I'll be wearing yet.
Say hi if you're there!
Sue

Thanks Sue for the info.
I arrived today in Tucson, but my bike is stuck in Denver or Chicago ? :mad:
I wont be able to make it ... have a nice day.

Wahine
02-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Vie - that sucks. I had that happen to me when I flew back from france. I didn't get my bike back for 10 days!! They say that if you don't get your luggage in 4 to 5 days you'll likely never get it. I was really freaked out. But eventually it was found and delivered to my doorstep. It got left on the tarmac in Winnipeg!! :eek: Damn Air Canada.

I hope you get your bike soon and that it's in one piece!

vie
02-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Well I got lucky 'cause an hour after I wrote my post, I got my bike !!!
Rode 70 k today ... I love Tucson !!!