PDA

View Full Version : now about my toes!

Brandi
01-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Some time ago I posted a about why my toes hurt so bad when I do things like hike for a period of time . I thought it was just from hiking but when I went on my big bike trip last year I found it it wasn't. So I am going for x-rays today and going to the foot Dr next week. I decided to try and take care of the little pains that bother me if I can. This is the first one I am addressing. The next will be the numb arm thing (which has subsided now that I have had time off of work). Hmmmmm? Anyway I will post what happens in case anyone else has this problem. It is severe pain in my toes when I go past my normal exercise. I can only relieve it by scrunching my toes up. And it happens every time I backback, hike, bike for long periods of time.

mtbdarby
01-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Which toe/s Brandi? That was happening with my big toe and found out it was a bunyon - where the foot bone starts moving away from the foot. Now I "crack" them on a regular basis (my chiro even does it) and no more pain. But I noticed the pain got worse with the more excercise I did. Keep us posted!

Brandi
01-07-2007, 07:21 AM
It is all my toes mimitabby. So we will see, I hope it is as easy as just cracking them that would be great!

KnottedYet
01-07-2007, 08:35 AM
On the good side, it sounds kind of like a dropped metatarsal head that has caused increased pressure on the nerves in the front of the foot (by making your foot "splay" into the sides of the shoe, etc.) and might be developing irritated nerves/neuroma.

Hopefully all the podiatrist has to do is make you orthotics with met-head pads that will un-splay your feet!

We do a lot of that at the clinic where I work, and while it doesn't remove the cause of the problem, it does help some folks avoid surgery.