PDA

View Full Version : Candidate for a Darwin Award

Duck on Wheels
01-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Sorry, but this one isn't in the Internet version of today's paper, but it was front page in the hard copy of "Dagbladet". A guy who was serving time for automobile-related manslaughter (killed somebody due to reckless driving) was released at New Years, and to celebrate he set off a gigantic firework rocket ... inside a bar. The front page shows him being wheeled off to the ambulance on a guerney (sp?). I didn't check the rest of the paper to see who else was injured or what the bar looked like. Just shook my head and went back to grading exams. Some of my students may be stupid, but as far as I can tell by their exams not THAT stupid.

Bad JuJu
01-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Gotta love the Darwin Awards, and any of those folks who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it! That guy sounds like he should at least get an Honorable Mention.:rolleyes:

Eden
01-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I came across a guy begging for a Darwin the other day. Riding a bike at night, no lights (or reflectors for that matter- jeans and black t-shirt), no helmet, wearing headphones weaving on and off of the sidewalk, ran a red light right in front of me.

Wahine
01-07-2007, 12:03 PM
My DH can often be heard saying the following in these situations:

"Natural selection at work" note: he came up with this phrase prior to the Darwin award phenom. He still claims they owe him copyright.

or if the offender is not yet an adult:

"Another arguement for birth control"

:p :p :p

I think he's really funny. But then, I'm pretty warped.:cool: