PDA

View Full Version : I also got a new bike!

Tri Girl
12-29-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm waiting for 3weight's pictures of her new bike.... so while I'm waiting I thought I'd share a picture of my new bike. Just got him/her (haven't decided yet) this week, and I love riding it. Was riding a 13 year old Giant before, and boy does a front suspension really make a difference!!! I'm gliding over roots now that before caused "shaken biker syndrome."
Sooooo... I just had to show him/her off. Can't wait for the rain to stop so I can take it back out on the trails again soon.
I never thought I'd like mtn biking (I'm more roadie, and I don't like seemingly dangerous things), but I've taken a liking to this kind of riding. I barrel down hills, do end-o's on stump/rock/bumpy paths, and generally get bruised and beaten. I LOVE it!!! :D

mimitabby
12-29-2006, 07:43 AM
well, it's a beautiful bike! congrats, many happy trails to you.

caligurl
12-29-2006, 07:48 AM
very pretty! congrats!!!!!

Offthegrid
12-29-2006, 08:03 AM
*drooling*

tprevost
12-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Congratulations! Hope you continue to have a blast! :D

snowtulip
12-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Congrats on your new bike!!!!:p

fatbottomedgurl
12-30-2006, 01:15 PM
You rode a full rigid bike for how many years??? Wow! Enjoy the suspension- looks like a good fork. And I bet you're loving those disk brakes. Now, lay off the front brake and stop endo'ing!

Thistle
12-30-2006, 01:31 PM
nice bike !! :D :D

Tri Girl
12-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Now, lay off the front brake and stop endo'ing!
hee hee giggling sheepishly I can't help it- I'm just a front brake lover! It's a left handed thing- I'm a south paw and my left hand just LOVES to brake harder than ol' righty.
Only have really done one end-o, but have come way too close way too many times. :) :) :) I need to loosen that front brake so lefty can grab as hard as it wants and not try to buck me off my bronco!

trail_mommy
02-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh awesome!!! Can't wait to get together with our new bikes! I'm sure that'll be fun.....you haven't done the red without me yet have ya:p Once the weather warms up...oh yeah!

VeloChick
02-07-2007, 07:10 AM
What an upgrade! Great color also! :)

tattiefritter
02-07-2007, 12:08 PM
hee hee giggling sheepishly I can't help it- I'm just a front brake lover! It's a left handed thing- I'm a south paw and my left hand just LOVES to brake harder than ol' righty.

Set them up UK (and motorbike) style and have the left hand for the back brake! I'm right handed and can't imagine having my dominant hand on anything other than the front brake, too weird. I'm not sure if anywhere else in the world runs their cycle brakes that way (must be somewhere, we're not the only place that drives on the left, I think its related).

Seriously though enjoy your bike, nice to see another hardtail around.

Oh and don't loosen the front brake it needs to be as powerful as it can for the moments when you really need it.

Tri Girl
02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Great advice Tattie- thanks!!!! :)

mtbdarby
02-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey Tri, nice bike! Enjoy the dirt:p

Tattie, I switched my brakes around on all my bikes. I'm right handed and I wanted the front brake on my right hand. Just feels more natural to me.