PDA

View Full Version : purple knees

hellosunshine
12-28-2006, 10:33 PM
yes,horrid horrid,ashamed etc etc.

my hands are riddled with chillblains which i live with and generally semi recover from by august,but big probs with purple knees which look bruised.ive been told its bad circulation.WHAT TO DO?

mimitabby
12-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Good morning. I haven't a clue. I didnt know people still got chillblains. (would you mind explaining to us what that is?)
If your knees are purple from cold, why don't you wear something over them?
I wear tights and wool knickers when my knees are cold.

hellosunshine
12-29-2006, 01:24 PM
chillblains,for me are when my fingers are stone cold,they swell and crack in winter and blister and when the blood comes back,like late at night they itch like mad..yes!knees well covered up,but ive been told they are permanently purpley blue as ive bad circulation,and the lads take the piss out of me about it in the summer......

KnottedYet
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I wonder if that's what we call Reynaud's Syndrome around here? I had a friend with Reynauds and her fingers did something like that. They also turned white when she was even slightly cold.

BleeckerSt_Girl
12-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Do you wash your hands a lot? I saw many health care workers at the nursing home my mother lived in with terrible cracked hands (bleeding even) that was from the hundreds of times they had to keep washing their hands every day between patients. (yes they wore gloves but were supposed to wash their hands after removing the gloves too). One ointment that helped them a lot was called "Skin Food"- it's Swedish, orange scented, and has a LOT of natural lanolin in it, I get mine in the health food store. They would put it on at night and a bit more in the morning. Might help to massage it on your knees too?
I know my circulation has improved a lot through biking- I used to have perpetually cold hands all my life but not much anymore.