PDA

View Full Version : Terry Liberator X

hgrill02
12-22-2006, 06:09 PM
I bought a used bike that has a Terry Liberator X saddle on it. I am wearing padded shorts with it and was told this is a great seat but I am still pretty soar, anyone have any exerience with this type of saddle?

HillSlugger
12-23-2006, 06:34 AM
I used a Liberator X gel for several years and liked it a lot. It did take a while for my sit bones to get used to the saddle. I just replaced it with a Liberator Race Gel seeking a narrower saddle. I like this saddle even more and have moved the Liberator X to my hybrid/trail bike.

anakiwa
12-24-2006, 08:27 AM
I currently have Liberator X saddles on 2 of my bikes. I have very wide sit bones so there aren't a lot of options for me (my road bike came with a Terry butterfly that was way too narrow). Overall, I like the saddle. However, even with the wider rear platform, my sit bones are still on the edge- I therefore switched my road bike to a Brooks Finesse- it's a much better shape for me, though a little on the hard side. I still have the liberator on my tri bike and on my old touring bike. Another issue is that the front part is pretty wide.

So I guess the bottom line is that it's a reasonably good saddle (though not the lightest). For me it's one of the few options available with a rear platform that comes close to being wide enough. If I had narrower sit-bones and money to spend, I opt for something more streamlined and lightweight. Certainly worth giving it a try though.

lizbids
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm using a terry liberator myself, on loan from a friend...I think my thighs chafe :( So I'd be curious to see maybe their men's model?

cosc
03-14-2007, 04:56 AM
I have a liberator x that is good for me. I just ordered a butterfly to try a little less width. If it works out I hope to put my liberator on my mostly spin bike.

Celeste
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I just ordered the Liberator X. I am six weeks into training for a Century and am beginning to have issues with the stock seat on my Bianchi (it is some type of Fizik that does not have a cut out but a clear gel type thingy where the cut out should be).

I am unfortunately having some shooting pain in my girly bits the day and two sometimes three days after a long ride...over 50 miles. OUCH!!:eek:

I seem to be riding pretty heavily on my left side down below and that is where the shooting pain comes in the next day. So....I am thinking this is a saddle issue. I sure hope the Liberator X helps! It seems to have a wider opening cut out than others and it said it was good for longer rides.

I will have to watch my "wider" sit bones as anakiwa said. Good point, something to check out.