PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!!

telegirl
12-21-2006, 04:03 AM
I came home from work last night to find my brand new Lemond Cyclocross bike sitting in my kitchen with a strand of ribbons around it! IT FINALLY ARRIVED!! After months of stress and agony, the bike arrived and it is wonderful! Hubby had gone to run errands, so I grabbed some flat shoes (didn't even bother to change out of my work clothes :D and took it out for a spin in the driveway. As I was riding in circles, Hubby came home, got out of the car shaking his head and said "if I didn't know you, seeing you in your work clothes, riding your bike in circles on the driveway would cause me concern...." ;)

I LOVE MY BIKE. She's going to be a good one. I just hope that she isn't disappointed because I won't be able to start off as fast as I think she might want to go....:D

Offthegrid
12-21-2006, 04:41 AM
Yeah! We want pictures.

SheFly
12-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Now you have NO EXCUSE not to join me at some races next year!! Woohoo.

Oh, and I agree - this thread is worthless without pics :D .

SheFly

p.s.
How is DH's knee? We're headed up to Bethel for the holiday to do some skiing, but don't tell him... And if he asks, we had a REALLY BAD time at Nationals ;) .

telegirl
12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Now you have NO EXCUSE not to join me at some races next year!! Woohoo.

Oh, and I agree - this thread is worthless without pics :D .

SheFly

p.s.
How is DH's knee? We're headed up to Bethel for the holiday to do some skiing, but don't tell him... And if he asks, we had a REALLY BAD time at Nationals ;) .

:D Ok, ok, pics on the way....

Hubby just called me from the ortho and good news! Dr. thinks that he just over-did it :eek: Uh, no, really? You think? You think that getting into Cyclocross and racing when you haven't trained, then going out to Utah with your testosterone laden friends, when you have only skied one day prior to that, might have caused some "issue"? Really??? But he is scheduled for therapy - the physical kind- and we leave for skiing in Utah on Sat, meeting up with my family, who still lives in Wyoming.

His brother has already called about nationals to 'rub it in' --- best course ever, great conditions....yada yada....And I offered to show him your pics! Ok, so that might have been mean, but I wanted to make sure that he still has the bug for next year!!

telegirl
12-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Here she is - her baby shots....

Adventure Girl
12-22-2006, 11:48 AM
How common are dics brakes for cyclocross? I thought most used cantilevers.

velogirl
12-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Disks are becoming more common on cross bikes, especially the more entry-level bikes you'd find at your LBS. They're not UCI legal, however, so you won't see them on most pros' bikes. They also cause a problem in races if you flat and want a neutral wheel -- no brakes!!! Brakes are over-rated anyways, right?

Mimosa
12-23-2006, 12:11 AM
wow, looks great telegirl

SheFly
12-28-2006, 05:05 AM
:D Ok, ok, pics on the way....

Hubby just called me from the ortho and good news! Dr. thinks that he just over-did it :eek: Uh, no, really? You think? You think that getting into Cyclocross and racing when you haven't trained, then going out to Utah with your testosterone laden friends, when you have only skied one day prior to that, might have caused some "issue"? Really??? But he is scheduled for therapy - the physical kind- and we leave for skiing in Utah on Sat, meeting up with my family, who still lives in Wyoming.

His brother has already called about nationals to 'rub it in' --- best course ever, great conditions....yada yada....And I offered to show him your pics! Ok, so that might have been mean, but I wanted to make sure that he still has the bug for next year!!

You are mean ;) . Glad to hear that his knee will recuperate - he has until next Sept before 'cross season starts! :D

Hope you had a GREAT time skiing in Utah - we still have NO SNOW :mad: here, but did ski two days on man made over the holiday...

SAWEET looking 'cross bike (getting this thread back on track)! As Velogirl said - you won't see many folks with disc brakes on their rigs here just yet, and I'm not sure if you can even use them in UCI races (like the Verge series). We had put V-brakes on ours, but went back to cantis after just one mud-filled race this season. I think discs are the way to go, but they just haven't caught on yet - you're ahead of the curve!

Happy holidays, and SAFE skiing!

SheFly

mimitabby
12-28-2006, 05:25 AM
that's a fine looking bike. and I love the paint job!

may you win lots of races! :cool:

7rider
12-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Nice bike. Happy riding.
That's quite an assortment of skis, there, too! :p