PDA

View Full Version : Carpool to Cali for Cinderella Century?

KnottedYet
12-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Anybody on the I-5 corridor interested in the Cinderella metric century on March 31st?

http://www.valleyspokesmen.org/cinderella_classic.php

I hope to be going. A carpool would be a welcome change to driving 800 miles by myself. (doable, but not much fun) You wouldn't have to drive, just help me stay awake and be willing to share boisterous off-key singing and gas. I have a 3-bike Thule trunk rack. I can fit one bike in the back of my station wagon and another on the rack so they don't scratch each other if that is a concern.

Housing/camping links are on the Cindy website.

spokewench
12-20-2006, 06:42 AM
It looks like I will probably go. Probably won't help you much though,I live all the way in Arizona (flagstaff). (Also, Still not sure if Hubby is coming with)

Xrayted
12-20-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm gonna be there. But I'm flying straight into CA then up to OR after. When are you heading back? I could carpool back maybe instead of fly... share the driving - at least until Portland area. I haven't bought my tix yet so let me know what plans you've got in mind.
Either way, we need to find out who's going so we can meet up and ride. One big TE Cindy Ride could be fun.

lauraelmore1033
12-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Leave your prince charming at home...hmmm. That sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't done a century yet, but that one looks do-able for a first timer. If I thought my prince wouldn't become un-charming :eek: at the prospect of being left, I'd do it.

KnottedYet
12-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Haven't yet decided if I'm going to fly down and rent a bike (I'll put my Brooks saddle on it) or drive down with Flossie.

If I drive, that's 2 full days of driving that could instead be spent with someone who will be having a birthday that week...;)

I'm leaning toward the flying at the moment, but haven't made any firm plans yet.

Finding other TE'rs at the Cindy would be pretty cool!

Bike Goddess
12-22-2006, 10:30 AM
All of you folks that are planning to come, if you haven't done so already, be sure to contact the Cinderella ride folks (Valley Spokesmen bicycle club or just Google "Cinderella bicycle ride" and you should find it) as they will send you info on when the registration opens. There is NO way to pay on the internet..... check only to be sent to the Cinderella ride organizers. First come, first get in.

This ride usually fills up in about 2 days so haste is important on this one! Even if you don't end up going, you can sell your spot on this forum (I'll bet!).

If you bring the DH or BF along, they can assist at the rest stops. It's a nice way to support 2500 women dressed in all kinds of outfits. They too should contact the Valley Spokesmen indicating their desire to support the ride. Guaranteed fun for all!

This ride is about 66 miles- there are a few hills, but nothing substantial.
The big factor is weather- last year I rode the next day because it was pretty nasty on the ride day. Fortunately I know the organizers so I had the privilege of riding with them!

Trek420
12-22-2006, 10:34 AM
HAH! Just kidding you BG but last year I thought you did the Cindy route...the nextday when it was beeyooteeful.

I plan on wearing my "I survived the brutal epic Cinderella century" jersey.

The lunachix training ride the weekend before took in the most scenic parts of the ride and our weather was great that day.

Bike Goddess
12-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Yep, the day of the ride, I sat with another cyclist at Mimi's Cafe all toasty warm and watched all of you leave Camp Parks! :p :p :p

We had another cyclist who was bound and determined to do the ride, so we showed up at Rest Stop 3 to give her some last minute support. That was before all the nasty winds, hail, etc happened. She made it though despite the inclement weather. :( :( :(

Yeah, they should have designed a jersey or Tshirt for those of you who survived last year's ride. Less than 1/2 the registrants showed up so guess who was munching on all the left over food the next day at the SAME reststop areas. (We had our own personal SAG.. such princesses that we were!):) :) :)

Trek420
12-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Bike Goddess Yep, the day of the ride, I sat with another cyclist at Mimi's Cafe all toasty warm and watched all of you leave Camp Parks! :p :p :p

brphttttpht :p brat :D

Kitsune06
12-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Knot- I'd be interested in carpooling down with you for Cindy. What days do you think you'll be heading down (and up?) If I do the ride, I'd want to be able to do it with Miz Cakes, but who knows?
Can't afford to miss much work- but who could refuse the possibility of seeing so many TE folks? If I don't carpool, I might end up flying down and renting a bike. Decisions, decisions. :D

East Hill
12-25-2006, 03:45 AM
I sure would like to go--I have a red mixte waiting for me in Sacramento that I could easily pick up on the way back, but I don't think I can get the time off. I already have a holiday planned for the second week of May and a later one in September. Darn. I think I'll check into it anyway.

East Hill

Trek420
12-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Knot- I'd be interested in carpooling down with you for Cindy. What days do you think you'll be heading down (and up?) If I do the ride, I'd want to be able to do it with Miz Cakes, but who knows?
Can't afford to miss much work- but who could refuse the possibility of seeing so many TE folks? If I don't carpool, I might end up flying down and renting a bike. Decisions, decisions. :D

Kit, last years Cindy had a limited number of Specialized bikes and so sue me I can't remember the model but it was some new whiz bang one for "test ride" to a limited number of riders. I'll bet that'll be announced here if happens again.

If you're thinking of renting your best bet for a rental is Summit Bikes, check with velogirl here, she works there.

When my sis was here and wanted to do a ride she held onto a MTB in her size for her, worked out great.