PDA

View Full Version : I've crossed to the dark side!

TrekJeni
12-18-2006, 08:54 AM
And boy do I love it!

Roadie of two years. Even did a few races this summer. I had expressed an interest in MTB and new BF bought me with a Trek 6700 WSD Disc for an early Christmas present.

We had wonderful weather this weekend and he surprised me by not working Sunday at the bike shop and we went tent camping!

Rode for two hours, fell five or six times, I am sore as HELL! Bruises galor but loving it. I confided in him that I could be convinced never to get back on the road it was that much fun.

Was scary going over my first big logs and roots. Lots of technical stuff that wore me out. We were with another friend and neither gave me crap when I would walk something I was afraid of.

The little bridges are neat but scary. Watched my friends do a few teeter totters (maybe next time :D ).

I can't wait to get better. BF is going to make me some stuff I can practice on in the parking lot!

Just wanted to say hi!

Jeni

rocknrollgirl
12-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the dark side young jedi....may the force be with you....

SalsaMTB
12-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome! The Trek 6700 WSD was my first mountain bike also. Fell in love with the sport with that bike!

TrekJeni
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Welcome! The Trek 6700 WSD was my first mountain bike also. Fell in love with the sport with that bike!

We need to talk! :D :D :D
Jeni

bcipam
12-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I was and still am a roadie for many years but I have a real love and passion for mountain biking. Just being out n trails is wonderful enough but I love learning new skills and conquering obstacles and fears. Enjoy! I do!

DirtDiva
12-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Welcome! :)

Sounds like the new BF could be a keeper too. :cool:

fatbottomedgurl
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Right on! Or is that ride on!