PDA

View Full Version : Happy Chanukah!

KnottedYet
12-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Happy first night of Chanukah everyone!

We've got the menorah going and it's just lovely. Hot cocoa and chocolate covered almond halvah. Warm and cozy in cold San Francisco!

Knot and Trek

BleeckerSt_Girl
12-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Sounds wonderful!
Happy Chanukah to you two. :p :p

margo49
12-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I have bought 3 (yes three) packets of multi-coloured candles and do multiple lightings every evening!

Best of all nobody wants latkes!

Hag urim sameach to you all!

HillSlugger
12-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Best of all nobody wants latkes!

But...it's not Chanukah without latkes! :eek:

margo49
12-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I was a cook for a few years and believe me once you have fried latkes for 1000 people by yourself they really lose their festive je ne sais quoi!

Pedal Wench
12-18-2006, 05:36 AM
... and chocolate covered almond halvah. ...
Knot and Trek

How have I never heard of this??? I must find that -- now!

I was bad. Took out the menorah, but forgot to buy candles. Someone, say a 'baruch' for me!

Chappy Chanuhah everyone!

SalsaMTB
12-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Happy Chanukah! Our first night was spent eating sushi. Second night we had latkes :)

uk elephant
12-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Happy Chanukah to you all!

I was a bit disappointed this year thinking that I wouldn't be able to find candles for my menorah so I didn't light any the first two days. Then I mention it to BF and he goes *candles like these?* and pulls out a box of chanukah candles from the cupboard. Apparently I had some leftover from last year after all. So I lit the candles last night when we had friends over for dinner. It wasn't latkas, but close....crepes with a choice of toppings...fruit or cinnamon and sugar or maple syrup.

Duck on Wheels
12-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi Elifant :)
Your baby bear brother was not happy with my decision the other evening that we would save that one pre-Xmas eve Channuka gift til you got here. Or at least, he pretended for form's sake not to be happy. Anyhow, I've got two menorahs now and two packets of candles and the gifts are all wrapped, so ... see you tomorrow! :D

mimitabby
12-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Happy Chanukah to everyone!
I love halvah. those little chocolate coins are good (the dark chocolate ones
in particular!)

Bikingmomof3
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Wishing you a very Happy Chanukah.