PDA

View Full Version : Endurence

violette
12-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Well, I'm doing a lot better at running. I have Exercised Induced Asthma, last summer I was just gasping for air when running and I just thought I was not a good runner. Read some of your posts and realized what was wrong. My doctor confirmed it, gave me a puffer and it did nothing. I was still strugling. Then she gave me another type of puffer, well, what a difference. I can go longer and harder! I am so excited.

Does water make a big difference. I noticed that If I don't get my 3 bottles of water before going for a run, I don't do as well. Is this all in my head??

kaybee
12-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Glad to hear you're doing better! The water intake thing definitely is not in your head -- if you are dehydrated you will not run as well. Keep up the good work!

KB

Bikingmomof3
12-14-2006, 07:20 AM
I am pleased to hear you are feeling better. Hydration, at least for me, is extremely important on how well I run. Stay hydrated. :)

Tri Girl
12-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Glad you've got the EIA under control now- and you've found your "long distance running lungs." :)
As for the water- everyone's different. My DH can go for a 3-4 mile run and not need water, I-on the other hand- need to carry water even for 10 min run. I need lots more water than others. Drink as much as your body needs!!!

Happy running!