PDA

View Full Version : Master's Thesis!

kellichou
12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I just had to share . . .

I am SO happy, because I just got back my thesis this afternoon from
my professor--chapters 1-3, and I'll complete chapters 4 & 5 this summer.

I'm working on my M.Ed., and I'm a first-year middle school teacher (English & Social Sciences). The thesis is about developing a middle school English/Language Arts curriculum for a new charter school. I'm killing 2 birds with one stone!

My prof told me that, if I make all her suggested corrections, this will be my final draft. I made all the corrections this evening, and just drove it back to her house. When she wakes up at 4:00 this morning, or whatever ungodly hour she rises, it will be waiting for her. Yeahhhh! (She's an awesome lady who wakes up eeeearly in the morning to work on her students' theses).

In celebration, my SO just made me a Chartreuse, Zombie-Style! Chartreuse 110 proof liqueur, made by Carthusian monks in France, with a chunk of dry ice. Huzzah! (You just have to be careful not to drink the dry ice. That would be BAD). :) Yes, my SO is a high school biology teacher. He rocks! Here's to the thesis (Chapters 1-3, anyway) being DONE. Yeahhh!

fatbottomedgurl
12-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Right on! I'm in the "working on my B.A." stage. Just finished a paper on Scientology & Buddhism and one essay portion of my final on ancient civ/comparative religions. I killed two birds also because my study in comp religions helped on my term paper for my Apologetics class. I went back to school after 15 years of momhood and working in graphics. I still work freelance and still have the kids so I guess I have three jobs. Insanity!

LBTC
12-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow! I am in awe of you women!!

...and here I am afraid of a little business law course.... :eek: I haven't done the first assignment yet and I have to do the exam in June!

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

Duck on Wheels
12-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Yay! You ladies rock! Even at procrastination (I could have taken my second PhD in that subject :o ). Speaking of which, I've gotta log off and get back to work. Grading exams (so far, no Fs :) ), commenting an MA thesis draft and a PhD chapter (last revisions for those two ladies too :) ) , filling out a form for my head of department ... all that stuff I'm using as excuses to procrastinate on revising a paper, starting on an editorial for a journal, and ... Xmas cards! I'm even procrastinating on the Xmas cards! :eek: OK. I'll reread kellichou's post and get inspired to speed things up here.

uforgot
12-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Have another of those dry ice drinks. You certainly deserve it! Middle school on top of it...I teach high school and I certainly admire those who deal with those pre-teen hormones! Once again, a big CONGRATULATIONS!

Bad JuJu
12-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Big CONGRATS! Gee, that's great to get something like that done, isn't it?

I'm just now grading final exams, too--40 7-page papers--280 pages of undergrad literary criticism :eek: : a mighty challenge to my scholarly stamina. Some are wonderful, some dreadful, but the vast majority are somewhere in between--I just hope none of them puts me to sleep.;)

kellichou, you have my great admiration for teaching middle school--and I think college students are a handful--not even close, right?

Grog
12-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Great job kellichou!!

I'll take this as inspiration and head back to the comps outlines I am supposed to be writing right now... :o

HappyAnika
12-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Great job! I don't know how it is in Education, but when I wrote my thesis chapters 1-3 were difficult just because they were so boring. Chapters 4-7 were more fun to write because they were at least interesting. So hopefully the worst of it is behind you. :D

Thistle
12-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Great work Kellichou. You inspire me :) Wont be long before i start writing up, and it's terrific to hear positive writing-up stories :D

On the plus side, i got my abstract done yesterday and am almost through the 1000 words they want with it. Should be ready to go by next week.... just in time for the 31 Dec deadline!

wannaduacentury
12-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Congrats on getting your theses finished. I'm still working on my B.A. in History. I took summer and fall off, so I need to get everything lined up again. I switched jobs late summer so that's why I took the time off. I'd like to do a masters maybe, if I can decide on which to do. education or library science. I got a few years to work it out. Jennifer

ribbit_zap
12-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I just finished my BA in history too! I am working on my masters also, but I haven't gotten to the theses part yet...I am terrified. Congrats on finishing!!! That is so exciting! :D

Meaux
12-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Congrats! I'm going for my master's in the fall, hopefully! The thesis is sort of daunting, but I can't wait to get back into school.:D

RoadRaven
12-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Having watched and supported a colleague at work get her doctral thesis completed over the last 6 years, and it is finally in and with no more changes required... congratulations kellichou... I know what an awesome act of effort, perseverance, dedication and at times - bloody-mindedness - this takes.

Well done on the completion of the first chapters, have faith and keep on keeping on - you ROCK!!!