PDA

View Full Version : dana

dana
04-05-2002, 03:48 AM
I did it, my anniversary is comming up and my husband told me he was going to get me a new bike. Last night we went shopping and I got a good starter bike. He bought me a Raleigh R400 road bike. Now I know the difference between my 1979 bike and a newer bike. God what a difference. I was floored when I finally figured out how to change the gears. I was used to the old gear shifter on the goose neck. The ride is awesome too! I cant wait to get home tonight and go for a ride. :cool:

Sammy
04-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Congratulations on your new wheels. Welcome to the new millenium. I'm just wondering... When I got my new roadie(Last Month), I had been riding my MTB for 3-4 years and it too is pretty light even with the front suspension. How was it for you going from a steel bike to what I'm assuming is aluminum? Did it feel like you just took off like shot from a cannon as soon as you pressed down on the pedal? I sure did. It was amazing for me just going from MTB to road. You must be on cloud nine. I couldn't be happier for you. I'm still up there on ol' 9 myself and it's been a month for me. I got the Trek 1200 SL.
:) Get out there and play hard. Try not to smile so much while riding. You'll get bugs in your teeth. Although, they are a good source of protein.

dana
04-06-2002, 05:23 AM
I had to be really careful, I went for a ride last night after work and the bike was so light that when I hit bumps it felt like the bike would jump to the side. I got on a flat run for about a mile and it rode like a breeze. On the hills switching gears was easy. The steel ride is so much heavier but alot more solid Im used to that. The new ride feels light and unstable but Im sure I will get used to moving the bike. At the end of the ten miles I had slight lower back pain and a flat tire, I must have rode on that for about three blocks before I realized it. I think an adjustment to the seat should knock out the back pain, we will see. Gotta get to the bike shop.:cool: :)

Miyata912
04-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Congrats on the new bike! There are few things as exciting as taking your new baby out and putting her through her paces.

Re: the low back pain... You might also check that your reach is OK - being too stretched out can cause that problem. Sometimes a shorter stem is the fix.

Enjoy!!