PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gifts

iFKA
12-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Every year I have the same problem... What to buy for people I like. One may assume that if I know them it shouldn't be so difficult, but every year I have to give present for Easter, birthday, and Christmas (not to mention anniversaries, name day... for family) and I'm missing the ideas.

So help...What would you like to get? What you usually give? :confused:
I mainly have problem with "male gifts" ... any suggestion is welcome

crazycanuck
12-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Hey,

What about locally made items? How about a sports massage for the man?

Another idea would be to make the person a nice dinner or something special from you.

If the people are overseas, you could always get a gift certificate from their local phone company so they can call you!

I normally send my parents/grandparents photos of Ian & I as they don't see us very often.

For anyone else, it's an item they can't get in thier home country.

c

uk elephant
12-13-2006, 02:39 AM
For friends, I tend to give edible things (because I love to eat, so I assume others do too). I either bake something myself, or I find some nice treats to give. Always much appreciated and a personal gift and much nicer than getting something that you don't really need and don't know where to put. This year, I've given all my friends home made gingerbread cookies. Last year I made truffles. Also in the past year, I've given gift certificates to a few friends for a massage. One for a friend who came to help me in the field for a week. After lots of hard hiking in mountains, a good massage was much appreciated.

I suggest finding out what people like. For that chocaholic, give some nice truffles or some special chocolate. For that carnivore, give a selection of cured meats. For that cheese fanatic, give a selection of local cheeses. Or find a nice bottle of wine and a nice cheese to go with it.

Kimmyt
12-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Get him a bottle of good scotch.

If he doesn't drink scotch, tell him he should.

:D

iFKA
12-15-2006, 02:17 AM
Get him a bottle of good scotch.

If he doesn't drink scotch, tell him he should.

:D
:D :) :D It's a good one :D :) :D

Thanks, girls ...
I also liked the idea with photos I think I'll give it to my fateher... and edible thing will definitely be for my boyfriends brother... Chocolate maniac :)

I already have a gift for my darling (I bought him a "Specialized" bike jacket)
... he'll be thrilled... hope so