PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new cell Phone. Need help!

Brandi
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I need a new cell phone and have so many choices. Anyone have a currant model phone they like or don't like. I have had an lg last two years and it has been great! But it is old and has been all over this country with me. So it has been through some knocks. Don't need it to break when I am on th e road. Please help me decide. I am with verizon.

KnottedYet
12-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about Nokia. I'm with Verizon, and have an LG that occaisionally shocks me and doesn't always recieve calls. Verizon says it's fine, but I wouldn't recc an LG to anyone.

Brandi
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
ok thats 1 opinion. Anyone else. And thanks. Both my hubby and I have had the same phone and haven't had any problems. Maybe yours is a fluke I don't know?

bcipam
12-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm also with Verizon and due for a new phone. I want one that doesn't have a camera, text messages, does games on the internet or plays tunes. I just want it to have good reception and not make me sound like a Cylon. Does that phone exist?

I have been really happy with my LG660 and may just keep it awhile. Old technology now now, but it works!

salsabike
12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Ditto Verizon, and I have a year-old LG8100 which is great.

KnottedYet
12-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I think I need to go back to Verizon store and DEMAND that they replace the battery in my 5 month old LG!:mad:

No-one else sounds like they're having trouble!

Trek420
12-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Cingular ahem have had a Nokia then renewed and gotta Motorola then renewed and gotta Samsung then renewed and gotta LG, now another Nokia.

Like Nokia best.

snapdragen
12-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm really happy with my LG - mainly because of the tip calculator :cool: I've got a PM-325, but I don't think it's made any more.

crazycanuck
12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
I have a cheap Nokia & it serves me well. After working for Vodafone i'll never buy any cell phone brand other than Nokia & Sony Ericsson.

I don't know what cell phone models are popular in the US but if Nokia's available, have a look.

c

iFKA
12-07-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm also user of Nokia. Now I have 6610i, and my first was 3210. That was 6 years ago and it's still working but I don't use it cause it's very old. This 6610i that I now have is great for me and it's rather cheap. My next will also be Nokia. I have had a Siemens and it was broken after only 6 months, and I have many friends that also have had problems with different types of Siemens, especially with battery. While Nokia battery lasts at least 5 days.

Good luck :)

SalsaMTB
12-08-2006, 04:47 AM
I use sprint and have been happy with the service. My previous phone was a samsung, cheap one, no camera, just a color screen. Loved the phone, worked well, but the time came to replace it. I replaced it with the pink sanyo SCP-3100. PIECE OF CRAP!!!! The battery lasts well, but that is about it. I've never dropped as many calls as I do with this phone. It has been a huge disappointment. Definitely stay away from this phone

GLC1968
12-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Big votes for Nokia here as well. (But I'm biased...I basically work for them!).

I have had 4 Nokia phones with multiple service providers and I've never had an issue. I had multiple problems with Samsung and LG when I tried them.

For a really good basic phone with awesome call quality (literally, sounds like a landline)...try the Nokia 6215i. It doesn't have bluetooth and the camera is pretty mediocre, but the call quality is fantastic and it is a flip (which I really like since I shove my phone in all sorts of places). I have this phone with Verizon service and I've never had one ounce of trouble. :)

Brandi
12-08-2006, 07:50 AM
The lg I have right now I had to buy a new battery for it after a year. But my hubby has not had a problem with he's at all. and he really beats his up.

Tuckervill
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Nobody's mentioned Motorola phones. I had a Nokia before this one, but I like my Motorola.

But I have Alltel, so Verizon might not have Motorola phones.

Karen

ridethewind
12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I am with Verizon and currently have the Motorola E815. I have had good luck with it so far.

matagi
12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Another vote for Nokia - I currently have a 6310, which is the last of the monochrome screen models. No idea how old it is, I've had it for over 5 years now and it's never missed a beat. Had a Sony Ericsson once but got rid of it after less than a year.

The only problem I have with my phone is that it has accidentally dialled the emergency services from my pocket on a number of occasions (in Australia the number is 000 and the 0 key will register even with the keypad locked). So I'm currently looking at a new phone too, but one with the keypad covered. It will definitely be a Nokia.

CyclChyk
12-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I've had LG, motorola, and Kyocera. In order of preference is LG, then Motorola, and Kyocera last.

I too have Verizon. I hate them with a passion. I will leave them once my hubby's jail sentence with them ends........ I am going back to Alltel....

or anywhere Verizon is not.............

Also I do not need a camera or any additions to my phone. My only requirement is that it is a flip phone as when it is in my purse, if its not a flip phone, i make multiple random calls without knowing it.........

crazybikinchic
12-08-2006, 08:03 PM
DH had a Lg and it was a pissa poo! He traded out that phone 3 times and it still did not work right. I have a motorola, also have been happy with it.

wannaduacentury
12-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Nobody's mentioned Motorola phones. I had a Nokia before this one, but I like my Motorola.

Karen

I Have Alltel too and my phone is a flip phone Audiovox 8900 I think. Been a good phone. Really like it. My first one was a Nokia and I would get a Nokia again too. Jennifer

CyclChyk
12-09-2006, 07:39 PM

Karen

Motorola here.... and verizon (see post above - yuck)

Brandi
12-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Thanks gang! I will make my final choice on monday i think. I would normally not even bother getting a new since the one I have now works really good but..... with all my travels I want to have the phone I have now as a back up in case something happens. Thanks again for all your input. Oh and my next phone is free anyway so that is another reason

roguedog
12-10-2006, 09:24 AM
hey.. my 2 cent if it isn't too late...

right now, i'd probably get the v325i. no it's not fancy. it doesn't have the greatest camera. it's probably not great for text msging. it doesn't sing. it's not whiz bang.

BUT.. since i just use my phones pretty much as a phone and though i've LOVE to have PDA-like functionality on my phone...

what I really want on my phones are analog capability. all those fancy features come on digital but to me.. all that ain't nothing if i'm stuck out on highway 5 or 395 in the back beyond and i can't call roadside service... or someone.

the v325i is verizon's only trimode phone that i can see or that i'm aware of. i currently have the lg6100 and it was the only trimode when i got it. it's also gotten pretty good reviews on phonescoop.com

so... it all depends on what you want to use your phone for. i guess i'm kinda a purist.. (or boring).

xeney
12-10-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't know if it's available with Verizon, but my husband and I recently got Razrs and we love them so much. They are the best cell phones we've ever had, across the board, plus they are so thin that you can stick one in a jersey pocket very easily.