PDA

View Full Version : saddles to try: road and mountain

assassin__x
04-04-2002, 04:03 AM
Before I start my search for the perfect saddle does anyone have suggestions for which one to try. I've heard the Terry ones, Serafas and Brooks so far on this form, but what's preferable for road and which for mountain biking. I do mostly mountain biking, but want to get into more road riding this summer. One of the big things I've seen as a problem when looking at some of the women's saddles out there are their width. There are some crazy wide saddles out there! But even when not looking a those ones many still seem a little wide to be able to get behind the seat when going down a hill when mountain biking. I've even had some problems in the saddle I have now, snagging and the tumbling down the hill, but I think that I'm a little better (more aware) now.

So back to the question at hand. Road and mountain, what saddles are worth trying for each.

gapgoil
04-04-2002, 05:20 AM
I don't have any input on a road saddle, but I think that I have posted this before, my preference for the Terry Liberator. As a mtn. biker, I really find that there is a lot of comfort everywhere in this saddle. With getting up and down, and shifting weight to the front and the back, I certainly don't find that my seat gets in the way. It's a bit wide at the back, and has the split in the front, which really adds to the comfort for me. I can spend a good 6 to 8 hours on the trails and not be in rough shape that night or day after. I also find that the MEC chamois that I use adds to the comfort, but that is a whole different topic.
I've asked at my shop as well, as to the preference of saddles and many of the mtn. bike ladies agree with me, this is one of the best saddles that they have tried.
just my two cents.....

r