PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Texas girls!!

bentforlife
05-06-2004, 08:12 AM
If you're from Texas I would like for you to share where you ride and if you do any of the organized rides around. Maybe a meetup at an organized ride would be neat.(Boy, did I date myself on that one.);)

Thanks, Donna

Steph_in_TX
05-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I ride mostly Plano/Frisco/Allen depending on the length of ride I want for the day. Also, depends on which way the wind is blowing!! I don't ride with any clubs as my schedule rarely fits with theirs. I have a two year old and my husband also rides so that's rather limiting. We do rallies about once a month, sometimes two, but that can get expensive with the both of us riding. We were supposed to do the Beauty and the Beast in Tyler last Saturday, but didn't go because of the horrible weather. I'm planing on doing the Wildflower Ride in Richardson on Saturday. We'll also do the Collin Classic in June. That's about as far out as we've planned our cycling lives for the moment!

Ok, I've rambled on long enough. It would be fun to meet up with others if it works out.

Stephanie

RdDezert
05-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey ya'll
I ride in the Carrollton and all over Dallas area. Haven't done a rally yet this year, keep forgetting them of late! Great idea to meet up @one. I ride w/Carrollton Cycling during week but am thinking 'bout trying Plano's group this summer. Helps with motivation.

spazzdog
08-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I had to say 'hey' to the Texas grrls!

I am a born and raised Texas grrl... born in Midland, spent a few of my 20's yrs in Houston and finally settled in Austin. I still visit Austin every so often. My dad has a little hay farm in Waxahachie.

Austin is my fave place though... but I must admit when I lived there I was running, not cycling. I know the cycling there is great though.

Now (since '87) I freeze my tender bits off here in New England... where I wait for the couple of weeks every year when the temp rises above 90. Ahhhhh :D

I'm hoping the HHH100 is in my future, either 2005 or 2006.

See y'all later!

ladyb
08-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Howdy Ya'll.

I live in Round Rock (20 miles north of Austin) and just started riding a couple of months and am obsessed. My husband and I went on the Melon Patch Tour Ride the first part of August in DeLeon Texas and boy was that a blast. We spent the entire weekend there, because Deleon was having their Melon and Peach Festival and had tons of things to do and see. Its a real small town, 2,400 people, but they sure love to have visitors and really made us feel welcome. You should think of going next year, we are definitely going back.

I've started riding with a new club that is forming in Round Rock and everyone is very supportive.

Bye for now.

Kyna
09-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Houston gal here!

Like Lady I just started riding seriously about 4 months ago... and I'm totally obessed as well. (Just bought a heartmonitor this week to watch my ticker as I ride, fun stuffs) Mostly I just ride in Memorial Park or down in Pearland with my boyfriend (some nice highway miles down there).

Anyways will be coming out for my first long ride in Oct for Ride for the Roses. Any of ya gals going?

Cheers!

Steph_in_TX
09-10-2004, 12:07 PM
I'll be at the RFR and hoping the weather will be better than last year! It turned much colder than it was supposed to and pretty much everybody there was not prepared. People were buying LAF socks and cutting holes in them to use as arm warmers...that was a sight! Go prepared for any type of weather and try to avoid needing to use the restrooms at the first stop...it will take you 30 minutes or longer to wait in line. What distance do you think you'll be doing?

ladyb
09-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately, I will not be riding in the RFR in October. Had made plans for that weekend months ago, even before getting into riding, so won't be participating this year. Hope ya'll have a great ride and the weather is good. We never know here from one day to the next what the weather will be doing. Probably the same for your neck of the woods!

Happy trails!:cool:

Kyna
09-17-2004, 10:55 AM
We're looking to do the 70 mile ride. My boyfriend is a seasoned rider (3 MS-150s plus tri's and such), but my longest ride is about 30 miles with no stops. Going to try a longer ride this weekend. Looking forward to going though!!! I hope the weather will be nice.

endochick
03-15-2005, 06:00 AM
:p Hi girl's, I live here in Frisco, Tx and I usually ride around WRL or Bachman Lake. Work limits me from riding with groups. I've done the HH100 for the last two years and plan on doing it again this year. Also did the MS150 last year and might do it this year. If anyone is interested in riding in the evenings, shoot me an e-mail.

archibella
04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey everybody-- Just noticed this thread, thought I'd chime in. I'm a newbie, but am always looking for people in the area... If anybody's curious, there's a relaxing ride on thursday's (leaving @ 7:30...) out of bike world on broadway. Goes through downtown, great for beginners, getting used to traffic, and meeting new people!

Cheers!

fixedgeargirl
04-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey archibella!

I'm in Austin. My time is not my own (DH, son, job), so I don't get out of town much. But if you make it up here once in a while, maybe we could get together!

Technotart
04-23-2005, 04:08 AM
Havn't been riding long, always looking for lookoing for evening rides during the week and weekend am ridesl. I live just north of Dallas

biker chick
11-16-2005, 07:37 PM
I road and moutain bike. I belong to the Old Tascosa Bike Club. We have group road rides in the evenings Monday through Thursday except during the winter. Most weekends there is a Saturday or Sunday group ride. There is not an organized mountain bike ride. I can go out to the Girl Scout Trails, here in Amarillo, or the Palo Duro Trails, in Canyon, and find someone to ride with just about any weekend.

texas_emily
11-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Wow, it looks like we are all pretty spread out across the state. I live in College Station...most of the time, but I've been in east Tennessee for the last couple of months for work/school. Looking forward to spring riding in TX, though I'll be sad to say goodbye to the mtb in the Smokies region.

Technotart
11-22-2005, 04:37 PM
If any of you get to the big D over Thanksgiving, lets go ride!

Melody
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Thought I'd drop a line and say hi since I don't think I had here before. I'm a transplant out of the Dallas area (grew up in Garland and went to RISD schools) and miss the area and friends there. I'm planning on visiting again at some point but time is always difficult. I have a sister who still lives in the area and it would be a nice reason to see my niece :)

Mel

Technotart
01-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Well ring me up if you are in the area and want to ride - i SO need to get back on my weekend riding schedule! And my Thursday nighter....and my wednesday am....and.....

Good lord have I been off the bike!!!!!!

Melody
01-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Well ring me up if you are in the area and want to ride[quote]

If I'm in the area I definately will :)

[quote]i SO need to get back on my weekend riding schedule! And my Thursday nighter....and my wednesday am....and.....

Good lord have I been off the bike!!!!!!

heh :) I rarely feel that way but I pedal to work... unfortunately work is only 1.5 miles away so I don't always get enough miles in... So instead I just feel like a slacker some nights because I get on the trainer instead. :/

But, we gotta get you back on the bike :)

Mel

Cindy
05-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi y'all!!!

I live in Amarillo. If you come to the panhandle, bring your road and mountain bikes. We have rides every day of the week. (and if there isn't one scheduled, contact me. I'll line one up.) Palo Duro Canyon is a great place to ride the trails on your mountain bike. We also ride the road in Palo Duro Canyon and climb the hill. In this flat panhandle, you've got to find great hill rides. We have a Ladies Ride on Tuesday nights.

We're doing the Santa Fe Century on May 21.
Then the NAMI ride in Pampa on June 24.
Our MS 150 is July 28-29 from Amarillo to Canadian.
Our local bike club will host the Old Tascosa Cycling Classic over Labor day weekend. There will road races, criteriums, and tours plus family events. Its a great event. Everyone is welcome to participate.

If you're visiting family in the panhandle or need a stopover, join us for a ride. Look us up on the Old Tascosa website: otc@grindersbox.com
:)

Technotart
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
My son usually goes and races in the Tascosa race! He loves it!

denda
06-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I live in Dumas, Texas. My husband and I ride our mountain bikes at Palo Duro Canyon. We ride our rode bikes from Amarillo to our house north of Dumas when we can. We did it this past Sunday. It was a 67.5 mile ride. We live in the country, so I get most of my miles just riding the rodes out by our house.

LeeAnnInSA
06-28-2006, 03:30 AM
I'm in San Antonio. Ride mostly in the Helotes area. I just did my first MS150 last year .. and now training for the Bike to the Beach in October '06. I am also looking for folks to ride with.

Triskeliongirl
06-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi LeeAnn- I am in San Antonio too. Do I know you? I ride regularly with the wheelmen and you are welcome to join us. Don't be scared by the men in wheelmen, there are lot of nice women in the club. I'd meet you at a ride this weekend, except that I am heaved off to cape cod for 6 weeks, but at least that will get me out of the texas heat! I will PM you when I am back. -e

rheidis73
07-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Here in the Nacogdoches area if anyone is around this area. I am new to riding. Only since last October(2005), but would like to do a Century sometime im the near future. Furthest ride was 50 miles. I ride myself most of the time, so I would like to find some more to ride the roads with. If there are any rides that come up that are in the east Texas area, please let me know! :D

denda
07-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Rheidis73, do you know about the Hotter'N Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls. It is this Aug. 26th. www.hh100.org.

rheidis73
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Rheidis73, do you know about the Hotter'N Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls. It is this Aug. 26th

Hey there Denda..yes, I have read of the Hotter'N Hell ride. I was thinking about doing it next year, but since you write of it, I am getting a buzz to try and do it this August. I am sure after riding in the heat and humidity here in east Texas, hopefully, my body has gotten adjusted to some of it. Are you doing the ride? What are you going for? (miles) I have only ridden 50 miles a few times. The majority has been 30-40 miles on my long ride and then about 15-20 on the short rides. I would love to do it though to at least say that I was part of it!

Aggie_Ama
07-26-2006, 09:38 AM
How about the Piney Woods Purgatory (http://www.pineywoodspurgatory.com/) in Lufkin? Last year Hurricane Rita forced it to be canceled, but I have heard it is a good ride.

denda
07-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Rheidis73 - Yes, my husband and I are going to do it again. We will do the 100 miles. We did 55 miles last Saturday and 57 miles the weekend before. I have a feeling it will live up to its name this year! Last year it was in the 70's(temperature). It was fun. The rest stops are great and the people were very friendly!

rheidis73
07-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Hi Amanda,
Yes, I know aboout the Pineywoods ride and I plan on doing that one too. My mother-in-law wants to do that one, so am sure we are only going to do the 25 or 26 mile ride. She just started riding, but hasn't gotten much on the bike lately. Are you going to be at that ride too?
Heidi

rheidis73
07-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Rheidis73 - Yes, my husband and I are going to do it again. We will do the 100 miles. We did 55 miles last Saturday and 57 miles the weekend before. I have a feeling it will live up to its name this year! Last year it was in the 70's(temperature). It was fun. The rest stops are great and the people were very friendly!

Hi Denda!
That is so cool that your spouse can ride with you. I have been married for 11 years now, but my husband is not into cycling. He does body building, so like to keep a lot of the cardio out, but I wish he did ride. I need a cycling buddy! :)

57 miles is great! But I am sure is feels really good to finish the 100. I believe also, that this year, it is going to be "Hotter 'n Hell" ! It is hot already!

I met a girl here off of TE and she was needing a riding partner for the HHH ride. So, I pretty much think we are going to meet up for the ride. I am sure I will sign up for the 100 and I will either camp there or try and see if there are any room available there.

Thank for the HHH ride input...Good luck on the ride!
Heidi

DDH
08-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Just now found this Thread, sorry. I'm another TX girl. I live in Killeen, about an hour from Austin. I just recently started riding. Use to ride years ago, and am trying to get back into it. I always loved it before, but just never seemed to be able to find the time to stick with it.
I'm a SAHM, now and my son is almost 12 so I have a little more freedom when it comes to doing things for myself. Although, once you become a SAHM, everyone comes out of the woodwork on all the time you have to be able to do things for others.

Anyway, I have started riding again the past few weeks and am enjoying it very much. I live outside the city limits so I ride around out here on the rodes in the country area, although it probably won't be long before we are pulled into the city limits.

Anyway, just wanted to get on here and say hi, to all the TX girls and maybe someday hope to meet up with some of you.

rheidis73
08-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Just now found this Thread, sorry. I'm another TX girl. I live in Killeen, about an hour from Austin. I just recently started riding. Use to ride years ago, and am trying to get back into it. I always loved it before, but just never seemed to be able to find the time to stick with it.
I'm a SAHM, now and my son is almost 12 so I have a little more freedom when it comes to doing things for myself. Although, once you become a SAHM, everyone comes out of the woodwork on all the time you have to be able to do things for others.

Anyway, I have started riding again the past few weeks and am enjoying it very much. I live outside the city limits so I ride around out here on the rodes in the country area, although it probably won't be long before we are pulled into the city limits.

Anyway, just wanted to get on here and say hi, to all the TX girls and maybe someday hope to meet up with some of you.

Hey there! Welcome to the Texas forum...I live near Nacogdoches, so if you ever get up this way, give me a holler...I am still needing a riding partner in this area..I ride alone all the time...Glad to hear you are back into cycling..It helps with stress, plus the lovely "frosting" that some wome aquire after 30 ! LOL Hope you keep it up!

Aggie_Ama
08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi Amanda,
Yes, I know aboout the Pineywoods ride and I plan on doing that one too. My mother-in-law wants to do that one, so am sure we are only going to do the 25 or 26 mile ride. She just started riding, but hasn't gotten much on the bike lately. Are you going to be at that ride too?
Heidi

Heidi- I just saw this... I don't think we are planning to ride this year. We would like to do it, but DH is in the process of changing jobs. I would like to do this ride though.

Mark your calendar for next year's Beauty and The Beast in Tyler, it is a Metric Century. We did it this May and it was hands down my favorite single day ride. Beautiful, challenging and great support.

Did you see the Big Dam Bridge ride under the charity thread? We are thinking of making the trip to Little Rock for that one. Sounds like fun!

rheidis73
08-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Heidi- I just saw this... I don't think we are planning to ride this year. We would like to do it, but DH is in the process of changing jobs. I would like to do this ride though.

Mark your calendar for next year's Beauty and The Beast in Tyler, it is a Metric Century. We did it this May and it was hands down my favorite single day ride. Beautiful, challenging and great support.

Did you see the Big Dam Bridge ride under the charity thread? We are thinking of making the trip to Little Rock for that one. Sounds like fun!

Thanks Amanda for the info on the rides. I didn't know the few that you brought up. I too, have to work around little DH, work and daughter. She says that she barely sees me anymore since I got into this horrible habit. That is why I try and ride as early as I can in the morning!

Maybe we can meet up for Beauty and The Beast ride. I am sure you ride MUCH faster! But I am willing to try :D

rheidis73
08-17-2006, 03:41 AM

Looked up the BDB100 on-line and that would be great. I think my husband will be at work at the time, (he doesn't ride) but I am thinking too to drive up for that. Are you doing 100? Let me know if you are going for sure...Maybe we all can ride tother. :D

midgetcycler
08-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone. I am in Katy TX. Didn't see anyone else in this thread from my area! I ride solo out here a lot. I occasionally go up to Cypress/Hockley area to ride with my Dad. Would love to find more riding partners!

I am planning to do the Tour de Pink September 10 up in Hempstead. Anyone else?

Aggie_Ama
08-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Looked up the BDB100 on-line and that would be great. I think my husband will be at work at the time, (he doesn't ride) but I am thinking too to drive up for that. Are you doing 100? Let me know if you are going for sure...Maybe we all can ride tother. :D

Heidi- We don't know if we are going to be heading up for the BDB100. It would be a 9-hour drive, but we did it recently. Neither of us have rode out of state, so I think it would be fun. We may not know we are going for a couple weeks, I would love to meet some other TE people at the start. If we go my husband insists on the longest length, so I guess it would be my second century! :eek:

We definitely plan to be at the Beauty and The Beast next May. We could meet up and let my DH blow his legs up. He usually holds back for me, I know he is itching to ride something as fast as he can and just doesn't want to drop me alone.

rheidis73
08-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Heidi- We don't know if we are going to be heading up for the BDB100. It would be a 9-hour drive, but we did it recently. Neither of us have rode out of state, so I think it would be fun. We may not know we are going for a couple weeks, I would love to meet some other TE people at the start. If we go my husband insists on the longest length, so I guess it would be my second century! :eek:

We definitely plan to be at the Beauty and The Beast next May. We could meet up and let my DH blow his legs up. He usually holds back for me, I know he is itching to ride something as fast as he can and just doesn't want to drop me alone.

Hi Amanda...
I think Little Rock area is about 5-6 hours for me. I think nine hours is a long way to drive to bike...

I have Beauty and the Beast in my calender. That would be fun to meet up and ride with ya'll. It sounds like your DH is quite a rider though, so, I am not sure if I could keep up with him. I ride around a 15 MPH pace...Maybe, by then I will be riding faster...

We will definetly have to keep in touch and see what other rides are coming about in this area.

pooks
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
How about the Piney Woods Purgatory (http://www.pineywoodspurgatory.com/) in Lufkin? Last year Hurricane Rita forced it to be canceled, but I have heard it is a good ride.

That looks wonderful -- but it's the day before the Austin LIVESTRONG! Sigh. Will be doing the Austin, but maybe next year!

Resi
08-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi everybody,

I live in The Woodlands north of Houston. Anybody is welcome to bike with us.

Therese

Artisan
08-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Resi, Do you bike with the woodlands cycling club? I'm a member and sometimes ride on the sunday ride that meets at the woodforest bank. I've done the tuesday and thursday training rides but it gets a bit expensive with gas cost to drive up there so often. It'd be great to get together to do a ride sometime.

Resi
08-30-2006, 05:21 AM
Artisan,
no, I am not a member of The Woodlands cycling club, maybe one day...

We are a couple of people which meet on fridays or on the weekends for mountain- and/or roadbiking.

If you are interested I put you on the weekly mailinglist.

Therese

amelia05
08-30-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm also Woodlands Cycling club...I lead the beginner ride on Saturdays.

And midgetcycler--I'm doing the Tour de Pink, too. Probably the 63-mile, but with my lack of long-distance training lately, I may end up cutting it to 40. We'll see, I guess. :)

Joy

Artisan
08-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Joy, I'm considering doing the 63 mile route. I'm just making sure I can raise the funds for the pledges prior to committing to it. It's not looking too promising so far, I get word back later today.

amelia05
08-30-2006, 10:49 AM
yeah, that hasn't been too promising for me either, but I haven't really campaigned much. Since the minimum is $75 (I think including the $25 entry fee, but maybe not), I figure that even if I don't get a lot of pledges I can just put up the other $50 myself. It's a good enough cause, and we try to donate to Komen (http://www.komen.org/intradoc-cgi/idc_cgi_isapi.dll?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=298) every year anyway. May as well support another breast cancer charity, too.

But I am hoping to raise funds from other sources, so I suppose I should get working on that.

Artisan
08-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Is anyone doing the adventure race in The Woodlands on labor day? My husband and I will probably do it as a team. It looks like fun. You bike, run, swim, navigate, and find clues to the mystery questions.

Artisan
09-04-2006, 02:07 PM
I think I've found a new love! The adventure race was so much fun, I felt like a kid again. It wasn't very long but it was worth doing. Me and my husband laughed a lot, at ourselves and with other people. The race benefited the youth tri team in the woodlands. They will be holding the race again next year and I can hardly wait.

pooks
09-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Is there a site that has a list of Texas cycling events? A place I can find out about all the different rides this fall?

Artisan
09-05-2006, 09:59 AM
I can share a few links. The last you can do a search for your region/state.

www.bicycletexas.com
www.active.com
www.bikereg.com

Steph_in_TX
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Pooks - try this one, too. A local guy does it and there are reviews of each ride.

http://www.texas-cycling.com/

midgetcycler
09-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Artisan, I saw the stuff on the Adventure Race. I thought it looked like a blast. I wanted to do it with my husband, but never having done it before, I was a little timid. I just didn't know how that kind of thing worked.

When you do the biking part, do you each ride your own bike, or do you share one bike in different parts of the race?

I am a HUGE Amazing Race fan, so I think I would LOVE something like this. :D

Artisan
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
This race we both had to ride separate bikes and stay within five feet of each other during every aspect of the race. I had an issue at the beginning with the running, didn't have my inhaler with me so we were last at the finish of the run. During the biking sections of it is where we excelled, we moved up 37 positions from last place, we finished 10th of 47 teams. You would have done great with your running training you have been doing, no need to have been timid. There was nothing too serious about this race, it was all about laughing and having fun! There were a few parent/child teams as it was family orientated.

My husband is also a big amazing race fan, so much that he has searched the web trying to find out how to get on the show.

Meaux
09-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I rode the Paws and Puddles ride today. Was anyone else there?

texas_emily
09-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Midget -

Where do you ride? My bf recently moved to Katy, and he (and I) are looking for places to ride. We've ridden with the Mustang/Wood Group MS 150 team for the last couple of years and are somewhat familiar with the area....but we really aren't sure where people put in most of their miles.

-Emily

midgetcycler
09-11-2006, 06:05 AM
I rode the Paws and Puddles ride today. Was anyone else there?
Sorry Meaux. I wanted to do the Paws and Puddles, but it was a little too far for me to drive and I couldn't convince anyone in my family to go with me. So I did the Tour de Pink yesterday. Hope you had fun! How was the wind down there?

midgetcycler
09-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Midget -

Where do you ride? My bf recently moved to Katy, and he (and I) are looking for places to ride. We've ridden with the Mustang/Wood Group MS 150 team for the last couple of years and are somewhat familiar with the area....but we really aren't sure where people put in most of their miles.

-Emily

I usually ride basically from Katy Mills Mall down to the Fulshear Shell station and back. Of course, sometimes I shake it up a bit and go through Brookshire too. Where in Katy does your bf live? I live in old Katy. Most of the big group rides make a round trip to the Fulshear Shell and back, it just depends on your starting point. Some start on Mason Road and some start at the mall. I think I am going to do a ride with PABadger this Sunday, y'all are welcome to join up! PM me for further details.

Meaux
09-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry Meaux. I wanted to do the Paws and Puddles, but it was a little too far for me to drive and I couldn't convince anyone in my family to go with me. So I did the Tour de Pink yesterday. Hope you had fun! How was the wind down there?

The wind wasn't bad at all. There was a bit of a headwind on the way back, and it was cloudy most of the time (good for me and my fair skin!!).

midgetcycler
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
is it just me or is there ALWAYS a head wind when you're coming back? :mad: I mean, on ALL my rides it seems like that's where I hit it! Last week on my short rides, I would be kicking butt (thinking I am all that and more) on the first half of my ride, so I would actually go just a little farther on the "out" part of my ride. Then when I get to my turnaround point, it is just WHAM I get slapped in the face by that wall of wind. One day it took me an additional 10 minutes to get back the wind was so strong. I went from 18-20 mph on the way out to 13 mph on the way back, and fighting that with every revolution of the pedals.

And then Sunday on the TDP, there was a ton of wind on the second half. Did you notice it too amelia05 or am I just a wind-weeny?

amelia05
09-13-2006, 04:57 AM
no...there was definitely a headwind on the way back. After the turnaround in Brookshire, my pace dropped off a cliff. Part of it was that I was tired and the temperature had gone up, but most of it was the wind. Didn't get much relief from it until the very end, and then there was the uphill finish. My average speed dropped from 16.4 mph after 20 miles to 14.1 by the end.:mad:

texas_emily
09-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I usually ride basically from Katy Mills Mall down to the Fulshear Shell station and back. Of course, sometimes I shake it up a bit and go through Brookshire too. Where in Katy does your bf live? I live in old Katy. Most of the big group rides make a round trip to the Fulshear Shell and back, it just depends on your starting point. Some start on Mason Road and some start at the mall. I think I am going to do a ride with PABadger this Sunday, y'all are welcome to join up! PM me for further details.

Midget,
Thanks! Bf lives and works in the Park Row area. We'll be out of town this weekend and the next, but I'll check in with you for the weekend of the 30th.

Are the Mason Rd starts at Acme?

-Emily

sandy45
09-16-2006, 07:33 AM
if there are any mountian bikers interested....there is a race on sept 24th out at rocky hill ranch....in smithville...my husband is racing....i am not quiet ready for racing...but i will be out the pedaling around and supporting him...i hear it is alot of fun...

Artisan
09-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey Sandy, My husband races mountain bikes too. We will be at that race. His race starts at 11, we will probably be there much of the day. He is also doing the 24 hour race in October, I'm pretty sure it is there as well. I'm still questioning if I want to hang out for that one with them. :eek: Hope to see you there!

midgetcycler
09-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Well PABadger and I went for a ride out here in Katy this morning. We did about 30 miles through Katy/Fulshear/Brookshire area. It was a lot of fun -- except for the RAIN!!

Here is a not-so-flattering pic of us after the ride on a not-so-wonderful camera phone. PABadger is the one cut off on the left side and I am on the right.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4448/ellenpaigeks9.th.jpg (http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ellenpaigeks9.jpg)

BeeLady
10-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I am in San Antonio during the week and near Cuero on the weekends. Would love some riding company out in the country in DeWitt Co.

Noticed on some post that there was a cyclist in Sinton, which is not too far from me.

I'll be doing the Tour de Goliad on Oct 21. Anyone else be there?