PDA

View Full Version : In the next life....

Popoki_Nui
12-04-2006, 06:56 PM
....I'm wanna be a cat! :D (L to R: Montana, 'Ilipuakea, Kamali'i)

Grog
12-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Life is so tough!!

snapdragen
12-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I've never seen a cat sleep on it's back like that!

SadieKate
12-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Dignified is certainly not in his (her?) vocabulary.:p

five one
12-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Wow, it took me a moment to even see the white cat next to the blanket. My calico used to sleep like that sometimes, but on hot summer days she'd do just the opposite and stretch out like a flying Superman on her belly. We lost her to cancer two years ago and have yet to get another kitty :( . Miss her. The one on the right looks like a tortie.

Thanks for posting such a cute picture. Wish I could relax like that.

KnottedYet
12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
My dog sleeps on his back like that. Usually he's taking up 3/4 of the bed and hogging the pillow, too! :eek:

snapdragen
12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
My dog sleeps on his back like that. Usually he's taking up 3/4 of the bed and hogging the pillow, too! :eek:

Yep, Chloe does that too. And if I dare try to nudge her over to one side, she growls at me. :p

Tuckervill
12-05-2006, 07:46 AM
My black cat sleeps like that all the time, and usually in the middle of the kitchen table. He's the only cat I've known that loves belly rubs.

Karen

Bikingmomof3
12-05-2006, 09:09 AM
They are certainly relaxed. :D I have never seen a cat sleep on it's back. :cool:

7rider
12-05-2006, 09:51 AM
That is some serious relaxation going on there!!!

I had a rabbit once who used to love to snooze by the fire - RIGHT by the fire. Once, he fell asleep, rolled over and rolled right off the 4 inch hearth, and ended up flat on his back, legs sticking up a la' that white cat. And still he continued to snooze away!

Kimmyt
12-05-2006, 10:12 AM
:)

I was camping once and we had a big blazing bonfire going, because it was pretty cold and snowing a bit. We were all huddled around the fire and one of my friend's dogs was sleeping blissfully neary the warm (!!!) fire ring. Well, suddenly we all smelled something burning and heard a yelp and poor Griffith jumped up and had a big orange patch on his back where his fur got a bit singed. He had it for quite awhile after that too, it always looked to me like he'd been in a pen with the marked rams (you know when they want to see which ewes are in heat they put the paint patches on the mutton sheep and then you can tell which ones are ready to breed by the patches of paint on their back)

Man, that dog was a serious sleeper. A farter too, that puppy could clear a room in seconds!

:D

Anyway, back on topic, that middle cat cracks me up! I thought it was a blanket at first!

lph
12-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh oh, I *love* it when cats sleep in strange positions. I've never had a cat that would sleep flat on it's back, but I did have an utterly shameless little lady cat who when picked up by *anybody* would roll over on her back, stretch her paws as far they would go and just hang there waiting to have her belly rubbed...

One of my favourite is when a cat is dozing all dignified in the "Sphinx position", front paws neatly folded in underneath... and then gradually sags forward until his forehead is resting flat on the ground... :p

And I had a cat who would beg to be let in by jumping up and hanging on the slats across the window. If we didn't let him in immediately he'd climb up another slat, hang there at full stretch and miaow piteously at us through the window. By then we were usually helpless with laughter so it took a while to go and open the door :rolleyes:

bcipam
12-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Funny photo!

I would love to come back as a cat that is owned by me! I am a very indulgent parent and my Pip has control over the house (and me!). My Pip usually sleeps like the first little kitty above.

I wouldn't want to come back as some poor animal you doesn't have a loving human owner. Life for those guys is just so tough and sad!

mimitabby
12-05-2006, 11:12 AM
hey 5 1 there are lots of kitties that really need a home! I hope you will consider adoption soon. it's good for your health to have a cat!

one of our cats, who is a former feral sleeps between DH & I. she has to protect herself from him because he is rather active at night. sometimes he wakes up to find her with 4 feet braced against him!

I would like to be a cat too. And sleep in cat positions. And jump on top of refrigerators, and scamper up and down trees.

bikerchick68
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
that pic is a HOOT! what a cute family you have :D

hey tucker... I have a Ragdoll cat that likes her belly rubbed and flips over onto her back so she gets the full rub! I've never had a cat that liked this before either...

five one
12-05-2006, 04:10 PM
hey 5 1 there are lots of kitties that really need a home! I hope you will consider adoption soon. it's good for your health to have a cat!

Oh...I know this to be true. Our newspaper prints pictures each week of adoptable beasties from the various animal shelters along with "first person" pleas from each to take them home. I'd love to have another kitty or two someday. We're just not in a position to do it at this time.

Missing my little MooMoo :( .