PDA

View Full Version : For Those of You in The Austin Area...

Meaux
12-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Bicycle Sport Shop is having Johan Bruyneel, Ivan Basso, and Levi Leipheimer in the store on Dec. 6th. For more details, go here: http://bicyclesportshop.com/index.cfm

DH and I live in Houston, he's off that day, I might be sick that day too. Tee hee. (Levi's my favourite!!!)

fixedgeargirl
12-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanx for the heads up! BSS is just down the hill from my house. That works out great - go see some hot bike racers, then go on son's field trip to Amy's Ice Cream to cool off :p !

Aggie_Ama
12-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Please take pictures!! I want to go, but work will keep me busy tomorrow. :( If only it were the tiny North BSS, I can walk there from work. :D

fixedgeargirl
12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Lance was the draw at this event last year. I just clicked through to the link and saw his name added! Last year it was in a big tent in the parking lot. The mornings have been chilly - wonder how it's going to go.

Triskeliongirl
12-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Report Please, with pictures! I couldn't get away from work but I'd love ot hear about it. It was such a nice day too!!!!!!!!!! I'd even buy a bike if they would get those guys to sign it.

fixedgeargirl
12-07-2006, 07:25 AM
I approached the store from the south, so I was coming downhill and had a good overview of the parking lot - GACK! It was a veritible sea of humanity :eek: ! I got in line behind at least 50 people. They kept doing radio interviews with Lance, so the line would stop whenever they were on air, which was what they were doing when I got there. I finally got within 25-30 people of the signing table when a rustling went through the crowd, murmurs of "Where are they going?" It was Brunyeel, Basso and Leipheimer abruptly leaving :eek: . The explanation was that they had gotten a call that the team was leaving :confused: . Um, whatever. I hadn't even gotten close enough to take a picture :( . It was announced that Lance would be staying a little longer. Several people actually left, didn't want no stinkin' Lancegraph, I guess. A lady behind me said "I don't want his autograph. If you were to see him out in the bars, you wouldn't either."

I stayed, since I had told my son that I was getting him Lance's autograph. Lance and I actually have mutual friends, and we all have sons the same age. So I spent my time in line scripting my interaction with him. Well, you get up the signing place, he's basically up on a pedastel :rolleyes: - a platform about 3.5 feet high - behind a table. You had to hand your item to a chicky in a Santa hat who then put it on the table in front of Lance. He wasn't even making eye contact with the hoi polloi :( . Am I surprised? No.

I had brought a plain white t-shirt, with the idea that he would sign it, then DS and I could make our own transfer to put on it, maybe one of the pictures I took of him. So Lance signs, I'm being hustled away, and I hear the schmoe seated next to Lance making fun of my t-shirt :mad: "A white t-shirt?! Did you see that, she just brought a plain white t-shirt...". I later realized that he was just like the nerdy kid trying to prove himself cool to the cool kid. Glad to say Lance was ignoring him ;) .

I don't have a photo to post right now - I'm at work :o , but will come back tonight to post the one decent picture I got.