PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 reflective bag

KnottedYet
12-02-2006, 01:46 PM
This seems like the coolest thing since sliced bread:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=23082

Now, IF I get into grad school, and IF commuting to class will work, and IF a bag like this is stable on the bike and less sweaty than a backpack, and IF they haven't all sold out by the time I find out whether or not I got into grad school...

.... I'll get one.

Bikingmomof3
12-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Cool Bag Knot. Have you applied yet? Where and for what? Nosey, I know. :o

I hope you get into the grad school and program of your choice as well as being able to buy this bag. :)

KnottedYet
12-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Library school. I can't work in PT forever, it's just trashing my body and my hands. Plus, dealing with patients day in and day out is wearing on me emotionally. I'm tired of being CHEERFUL all the time. I want a job where I can be crabby once in a while!:D

Bikingmomof3
12-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Very understandable. :) I know the librarians around here are paid well and not one is cheerful (wish I could apply for a position-I only qualify for the second part). Okay, there are probably a few who are cheerful. ;)
Best wishes for you application(s). You will get in. :)

KnottedYet
12-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Oooh, on the Timbuk2 website you can design your own bag, and even have it made "left handed". But you can't put the reflective panel on. poooey.

but I "designed" myself a bag anyway, it was fun! (didn't buy it, of course!)

Bikingmomof3
12-02-2006, 06:05 PM
What colours did you use to design your bag?

KnottedYet
12-02-2006, 07:54 PM
purple, gray, and slate blue. With the logo in slate blue thread on the purple side. Left-handed straps. Various other goodies, too... With all the bells and whistles I covet, a custom bag is $105; the one TE has is $130. Ouch!

As motivation to make myself be brave with all the applications and GRE and stuff, I've told myself that if I get in I can get a bag. Bribery works! (besides, my current bag is from the last time I graduated... so I can justify it, right?:D )

the build your own bag site is fun! www.timbuk2.com

Bad JuJu
12-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Good luck with the grad school apps, GRE, etc, Knot! I considered pursuing the MLS at one time, but then realized I really wanted to teach. On the other hand, many librarians do a good deal of teaching. The librarians at my university are a wonderful bunch--generally cheerful, helpful, friendly. I always take my classes to the library early in the semester so they'll get to know the librarians and not be afraid to ask them for help.

Yep, if I weren't a teacher, I'd be a librarian. I'll be cheering you on--I hope you get your Timbuk2 bag!

GLC1968
12-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Knot - I bought that bag for my husband for his birthday last summer (he has the plain black and white one). He liked it for hauling fairly heavy loads and said it was stable if you cinched it up pretty good. He did say that it hurt his back unless he wore it pretty high up.

He also said that it was still sweaty...just in a different spot than a backpack.

I think a backpack with a mesh panel (that keeps the bulk of it off your back) would probably be the least sweaty.

Good luck with grad school! :)

HipGnosis6
12-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Knot, you gotta see the bag I made for my construction class last quarter. :D