PDA

View Full Version : commuting "humor" again

lph
11-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Just got a hilarious e-mail from my colleague Tharan, the one on the picture with me on the bike campaign thread. Couldn't stop laughing for several minutes.

Here it is, translated by yours truly:

"Want a new story in the series of embarassing and terrible bike accidents?

Yesterday I tipped over, slowly, by Majorstuhuset, on top of an ancient pensioner with a cane, so that he fell over with a crash. There we lay, blocking the entire sidewalk in the middle of the rush hour, while hellish scenes danced before my head: broken bones, ambulance, police, newspaper articles about brutal cyclists, etc. etc. Luckily the pensioner was more sturdy than he looked, and he was fine apart from a milk carton that burst in his backpack and leaked all over him and the backpack... It was all extremely, extremely embarassing! And I am never, I repeat NEVER, going to bike slowly past pensioners on the sidewalk any more!!!"

Ha-haaaa... still giggling. Poor guy. And the milk carton! :D

mimitabby
11-30-2006, 08:05 AM
uh, so why did you decide to tip over slowly onto a pensioner?

Haudlady
11-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Ha! Good one! :D

My co-workers don't like to admit that they make mistakes (don't we all?) - I'm impressed that Tharan was willing to humiliate himself publically by admitting this at work!

I hope he offered to buy some more milk...

Chimiska
12-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I remember watching a little old lady on TV. She was in a nursing home, trying to open her carton of milk. She had arthritis, and couldn't see very well, and was completely humilliated by a $%^# carton of milk. It drove home to me one more time, the dehumanization that can occur in old age.
There but for the grace of God.... :mad:

Where is a cyclist when you need one??

mimitabby
12-01-2006, 09:16 AM
I remember watching a little old lady on TV. She was in a nursing home, trying to open her carton of milk. She had arthritis, and couldn't see very well, and was completely humilliated by a $%^# carton of milk. It drove home to me one more time, the dehumanization that can occur in old age.
There but for the grace of God.... :mad:

Where is a cyclist when you need one??

thanks, you made me laugh