PDA

View Full Version : charity bag day

hellosunshine
11-24-2006, 10:26 PM
task for the day,go though my wardrobe and ruthlessley make a pile of clothes i no longer wear,never have done and when i do never feel quite "right"in them.eek.

is it a cyclists thing that im rubbish at spending on new feel good factor clothes,but superb at buying feel good factor bike kit?oh to be like normal women!always end up thinking,well,wait till the sales,and when the sales come,what i want has GONE

time to give myself an overhaul!

LBTC
11-24-2006, 10:52 PM
I shop at consignment stores. Most ladies who sell their stuff there buy quality stuff - things I can't afford....until they are second hand!

It's sweet....
~T~

annie
11-26-2006, 02:59 PM
I shop at consignment stores. Most ladies who sell their stuff there buy quality stuff - things I can't afford....until they are second hand!

It's sweet....
~T~

Hear, hear!! I love consigments shops. I rarely buy anything new and have found so many nice items, at affordable prices.

annie

Bikingmomof3
11-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Same here LBTC. :)

Tri Girl
11-26-2006, 04:37 PM
I LOVE consignment stores! There is one in a swanky neighborhood nearby. The women that sell their clothes buy expensive things, wear them a couple times, then sell them. Good for me and my wallet! :)

I, too, went through my closet and drawers today and got rid of two huge bags of unworn/ill fitting clothing. It's so cathartic to get rid of excess "things" in my house. Now I'll drop them by the homeless shelter and I'll feel a little less guilty when I buy something "new" at the resale shop.

KnottedYet
11-26-2006, 06:46 PM
My mom gets a lot of clothing from Ross Dress For Less. We are a tall bunch, and often there is a good selection of taller-than-average clothes at Ross. (Those are what're leftover from the department stores.)

I hate shopping. (love ordering stuff, don't enjoy shopping except groceries and bike stuff) So I luck out when my mom purges her closet, cuz I get to go through the stuff first! And generally it fits, and though her taste in clothes is different than mine I still find quite a few goodies.

The benefits of Ross, without the suffering!

hellosunshine
11-27-2006, 03:49 AM
what are consignment stores??????same as charity shops?

another top tip is to rifle thru kids dept of places,i find that the 13/14 yr old are often larger sizes than me,esp good for puffa jks etc etc and half the price........agree apart from food and bike stuff my attention span is low.

colour is the answer,but not too psychadelic or theyll pack u to the mad house.when i was an art student we used to have friday as our no-wearing-black day.

LBTC
11-27-2006, 08:34 PM
A consignment store is a place where a person can take their clothing that they no longer want for whatever reason, and sell it. The store keeps some of the money, and you get some of the money. If you're like me, and on a very sudden strict budget, you'd only buy things from the store when you have a credit from selling your own things....but when we have the budget to buy more, I'll probably still shop consigment as the deals are often so good.

Charity stores can be great, too, but often the consignment stores have higher quality and more stylish items.

Happy closet purging and new clothes shopping!
~T~