PDA

View Full Version : Women's pac Tour Camp Scholarship

Veronica
11-23-2006, 03:36 AM
I ran across this today.

http://www.ultracycling.com/about/mcsweeney.html

It sounds like a neat way to make some progress in your cycling and maybe make some new friends.

V.

mimitabby
11-23-2006, 07:54 AM
I didn't know about this scholarship. She was a riding buddy of my husband's. In fact, she was one of the people who gave him first aid when he crashed and broke his ribs.
And sadder, the fellow that I rode tandem with on that little 10 mile race i did?
he was Anne Marie's sweetheart when she died. She died on the eve of the Cascade 1200, which he rode. I guess it was a miserable ride for him. (ya think?)

Eden
12-26-2006, 12:21 PM
I did - I was wondering if anyone else here had?

maillotpois
12-27-2006, 07:10 AM
I thought about it, but then got busy. Given that I haven't ridden in a while, I probably wouldn't get as much out of it this year. Good luck!! I wonder when they decide?

Eden
12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
No one else!? I was going to wish everyone luck, but now I just have my fingers crossed. I don't know when they'll make their decision.

jobob
12-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, now we'll wish you luck !

Of course if you get it, you'll have to tell us all about the Pac Tour camp :cool:

downhilldiva
03-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi guys. I haven't been in this forum for a while but I am part of the UMCA. A good friend of mine encouraged me to apply and I won. There is an article about the winners in the December issue of the UMCA magazine. (You can find it online at www.ultracycling.com). Did anyone else that checks in here win? Has anyone else from Teamestrogen signed up for the tour? It is in two weeks and I can hardly wait!!!

jobob
12-10-2007, 08:44 PM
UMCA is offering this scholarship again.

The application deadline is Dec. 15 2007 - this coming Saturday.

http://www.ultracycling.com/about/mcsweeney.html

mimitabby
12-11-2007, 07:13 AM
bump! some TE Gal ought to go for this one!