PDA

View Full Version : Day two...

rocknrollgirl
11-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, I made it day two...I even wore a skirt today. Gotta love wool. It rolled up beautifully and came out looking fresh.

I dried my hair before I left this morning, and then put a liner on under my helmet,and ya know what? My hair actually looks better after being mashed down. I have bushy hair and the liner and helmet flattened it out and it looked great. LOL.

Word is starting to spread around school, that crazy Mrs. T, is riding her bike to school. If they were not already convinced, they are now ...Nuts!

My only problem is that I wish it were just a tiny bit longer of a ride. I enjoy the ride in so much, I may have to start riding a bit longer on the way in.

I think I like this. Gotta ditch the backpack though, it makes me feel unstable.

Ruth

Tri Girl
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Great job on day # two! When I ride to school the kids (jr. high) either think I'm a freak or cool for not driving. hee hee. I figure since I'm an adult they think I'm a freak anyway, so I might as well play it up and really give them something to talk about... :D
Sooo.... your hair looks better mashed down, eh? I already have flat hair, so a little smooshing doesn't do much damage.
Glad you're liking it! Have fun out there!

sbctwin
11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Great job on day #2....I really love riding my bike to work. It is only 5 miles but it is uphill the whole way. I can add another mile without too much effort, but it is more uphill with a very quick downhill back to the office. I don't do that these days because it is usally too cold and I just want to get into the office. I have a trek rack on my bike and these trek saddlebags that snap into the rack. They are very easy to use. There is a built in bag cover that I can use if it rains. I have an area where I can leave my clothes for the week. Usually, one day during the weekend, I will take my clothes for the week. This makes what I have to carry in my bags much less. When I get to work, I lock myself in the bathroom and do a "little cleaning up". I stick my head under the faucet and wash my hair and do a quick towel wash. I am lucky that I can keep all this stuff at my desk. I do carry a camelback as I ride, but keep only a few things in it. I have a blinking white light hanging from my camelback and blinking red light on my pannier. I have a night rider halogen headlight on the front and various other reflective strips on bag and helmet. I had two police cars come up behind me this morning and I know the "saw" me and one even honked and gave me a wave. Glad to know that I am seen. Anyway, as the weather gets colder and wetter, I regret the day when I have to stop riding for the winter. I get some many "mental" benefits from my ride in the morning. I hope you can keep it up!!!

mimitabby
11-21-2006, 04:43 PM
you are doing great!! I am very proud of you. I drove to work today. there
were puddles that would have swamped my bike. we're having a record wet month, as in the wettest month EVER in Seattle.. So I don't wanna ride.
But I"m glad YOU are

Geonz
11-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Awesome!!! keep it up :) Get yerself an Xtra and you'll never need a backpack... and they'll *really* think you're different!

lph
11-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Word is starting to spread around school, that crazy Mrs. T, is riding her bike to school. If they were not already convinced, they are now ...Nuts!

Milk it. :D

bikerHen
11-22-2006, 08:16 AM

My only problem is that I wish it were just a tiny bit longer of a ride. I enjoy the ride in so much, I may have to start riding a bit longer on the way in.
Ruth

Ain't commuting great! :D I've convinced myself that under all that "your crazy" talk is a whole lot of envy and admiration. I always get a kick out of people's reaction when I tell them I rode 10 miles to work. They are flat out amazed I rode soooo far. :rolleyes: Don't let the talk get you down, just keep riding. And hey, what's wrong with being a crazy bike lady? That's my current goal. :D

I live just 3 miles straight up the highway from work. Depending on how much time I have, I have six mile, ten mile and 13 mile routes I regularly ride. I basically make a big loop around the northside of town. I'm never very far from work so depending on the time I add or subtract miles as needed. Just go exploring and see what routes you can find. bikerHen