PDA

View Full Version : What $105.00 will get ya!

Toni
11-20-2006, 05:06 AM
In my case, a very warm backside! My ride to work has been nice and toasty except for my rear! I am not kidding when I say freezing!!! Every inch of me is warm except for that area. Don't know why, but it is. So I broke down and went to the LBS and bought a pair of Pearl Isumi Therma Fleece tights.....san chamois. :cool: What's up with that?? I then bought the "chamois in a box" that makes anything into a bike short. While I was at it (Thank you DeniseGoldberg !!) I bought another rear blinky light so I would be more visible to those cars.

It was 44 degrees this morning and the ride in was GREAT!!! It is suppose to freeze tonight, but I am now ready!!!

Thank you Cheri in NY, I have ordered the HerRoom long underwear. They look great!!

emily_in_nc
11-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Tights without chamois are meant to be worn with bike shorts underneath. On cold days, that extra layer is helpful to keep quads (and tushie) warmer! It's also nice since you don't have to wash them after every single ride as with bike shorts, so they last longer. I love my chamois-free tights since I can also wear them for running in cool weather. Multi-purpose!

Emily

Toni
11-20-2006, 06:35 AM
Duh!! I just wasn't thinking (nothing new for me!). I carried my shorts with me for the ride home, when I should of just worn them under the tights!! Thanks for enlightening me!

nuthatch
11-21-2006, 04:00 AM
My riding partner tested those PI Microsensor Thermal shorts under her regular insulated tights the other day on a 35 degree ride. She said the advantage was not having the regular lycra directly against her skin when she started sweating - the thermal layer just felt cozier. She's looking forward to using them in warmer weather with leg warmers as well.

bikerHen
11-22-2006, 08:25 AM
I got two pair of PI Therma Fleece tights w/chamois and have loved the warmth they have provided. My coldest ride to date was hovering around the single digits and my legs stayed quite warm. Now if I can just do something about my frozen feet I'll be set to ride all winter. :rolleyes: bikerHen

Tri Girl
11-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Don't get frozen butt too much (but good to know about the PI therma fleeces), but I do get the cold feet and fingers BAD! I wear 2 pair of socks (thin and wool- all my shoes will allow) and toe covers and shoe covers and my toesies still freeze. Nothin' new for me, tho. The temp drops below 65 and my body goes into reptile-mode (all cold blood). Can I have a heated rock to sit on when I ride to work?