PDA

View Full Version : Loreena McKennit (sp?) is back!

Geonz
11-18-2006, 05:17 PM
(listening to Mary Cliff via internet...) I know some of y'all have mentioned her. She has a new CD and It sounds wunnerful.

KnottedYet
11-18-2006, 05:31 PM
really liked her other CD (can't remember) with Mummer's Dance and Marco Polo.

TsPoet
11-18-2006, 06:50 PM
:D ;) :)
I love LM!!!!
I was so angry with her, 10 years ago when she didn't come out with her annual October album. I felt guilty a few years later when I found out why (she lost her partner in a boating accident and has spent the last few years raising water safety awareness).
Thanks for the heads-up!

withm
11-18-2006, 07:49 PM
I have listened to Mary Cliff on Sat nights for probably as long as she has been on since I lived in the DC area for the last 40 years or so. When I moved to Delaware that was one of the things I was missing. But along came DSL and Internet broadcasting :) I love this stuff! Now I have to learn about podcasts....

Geonz
11-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I found her in 1978 and have done some very odd things with antennaes and cables to get connected in western Maryland and not-very-northern Virginia. Once I could get her out here, my friends said 'oh, you really might stay for a while!" My friends laugh when we say things at the same time, but I've been very influenced by her... I'm afraid I have learned most of my history of the world from her show!

pooks
11-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Mary Cliff? More info please?

And thanks for the heads up on Loreena McKinnett's new CD!