PDA

View Full Version : Getting chased...

pedalfaster
04-26-2004, 06:18 PM
by a lamb ?

Yep, happened to me this weekend. Spring has sprung and baby animals are alllll over the fields in the midwest. One of my favorite flat farmland rides passes cows,pigs, sheep, goats, free-range chickens, rabbits and (my personal favorite!) burros.

After work on Saturday, I opted for a quick 20-mile spin. I stopped at the sheep-farm to admire the new lambs. One little guy hopped out of the pen and came over to say "bahhhh". I was able to scoop him up and return him to the enclosure.

It started to pour and I scurried home, cutting my 20 mile ride down to ~15, but getting to hold the lamb (a first for this city-girl) made it worth it :)

Veronica
04-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Get us some pictures of the burros!

V.

RdDezert
05-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Your story reminded me of my annual 'last time b/4 time change ride' where I scurry outta work to make it to a nearby 10 mi riding mecca lake park. Two years past, there is a stable on the route I took and this time the horses were out near the fence. Well I just had to pet horse noses and pull 'outside fence grass' for them, before I finished up the ride. I've missed them all the other times I've been at the lake so haven't had a repeat petting performance, but whenever I see cows/horses on the rides I go on I always hope I get to pet before I go on (very rarely am I so lucky).

pedalfaster
05-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Veronica
Get us some pictures of the burros!

I have a ride-date and noon and we are doing the "Burrito Route" (our pet name for that ride) AND my daughter left her digital camera at home. If I can just figure out how to use the camera.....