PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in portland oregon?

Brandi
11-14-2006, 07:11 AM
I am doing a sandsculpture (www.sandscapes.com) at the Christmas Bizaar in portland starting next week. it runs two weekends Nov. 24,25 and 26 then Dec 1,2 and 3rd. I won't be ther for the 2nd weekend I have to go to vegas for a convention but I hope someone has the time to see it. We are doing a christmas village.
We are working on thanksgiving too, does anyone know if resturants are even open on thanksgiving. We had our own thanksgiving yesterday it was yummy!
Oh the bazaar is at the portland convention center by the way!

jobob
11-14-2006, 07:20 AM
My husband & I will be staying in Forest Grove (a suburb west of Portland) that weekend, we'll be sure to check it out !

As for Thanksgiving dinner, McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove is having a Thanksgiving buffet, that's where we'll be having our dinner. :)

http://www.thegrandlodge.com/index.php?loc=59&id=65&eventid=42816

suzieqtwa
11-14-2006, 07:22 AM
I live in Portland...Mc Menimins is good,but Ill check around for you.
Suzie

Brandi
11-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Thanks both of you! Do you know if you have to have reservations?

jobob
11-14-2006, 08:43 AM
For McMenamins you have to have reservations (at least, according to the website*).

It's a bit of a ways outside of Portland (I don't know exactly how long of a drive it would be, I'll leave that to the locals to chime in), just letting you know in case you'd rather find something closer to downtown.

* LeeBob and I have reservations for 6 pm :)

Brandi
11-14-2006, 09:15 AM
I will try and find out
we are kinda staying near the airport i guess.

Dianyla
11-14-2006, 11:28 AM
If you're up for a slightly unconventional T-day meal, you could try dimsum places which are usually open on Thanksgiving and Christmas. One of the only decent places in town is over near the airport - it's called Wong's King. Address is 8733 SE Division St, Portland, OR.

jobob - are you bringing your bike? Riding to & around Hagg Lake is a nice trip from the Grand Lodge. :)

jobob
11-14-2006, 11:46 AM
jobob - are you bringing your bike? Riding to & around Hagg Lake is a nice trip from the Grand Lodge. :)

Yes indeedy!
We'll be doing the Oregon Randonneurs ride that Saturday.
http://www.orrandonneurs.org/brevets/2006_WineCountry_Info.html

( Sorry for hijacking your thread, Brandi :o )

Brandi
11-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I love all foods so we might just check yur rcommendations there! Thanks for all your help. Maybe I will see one of you!

Kitsune06
11-19-2006, 08:55 AM
My husband & I will be staying in Forest Grove (a suburb west of Portland) that weekend, we'll be sure to check it out !

As for Thanksgiving dinner, McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove is having a Thanksgiving buffet, that's where we'll be having our dinner. :)

http://www.thegrandlodge.com/index.php?loc=59&id=65&eventid=42816

Jobob! I have to meet you! I live about 9 miles from there! I used to work straight down hwy 47 (toward tillamook) from there, only about a mile away! Small world! lemme know! Mebbe we can go for a ride (if you don't mind my slow butt!)

jobob
11-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Hey slow butt :D

It would be great to meet you too !

We don't have any plans for Friday, or for Sunday morning. We'll probably be heading for home early in the afternoon on Sunday. Would either of those days work for you?

I would really like to see Brandi's sculpture too.

Brandi, do you know what days & times you'll be at the Convention Center? It would be a shame to miss you.

I'll bring my camera :)

Brandi
11-20-2006, 06:59 AM
This weekend i will be there from Friday through Sunday. 10am to 6pm fri and sat, on sunday 10am to 5pm. I won't be there for the final weekend because my husband and i have to go to Vegas to do a trade show for us. Hope I get to see you. I would try and come on sunday you will see more of the sculpture.And I believe it is $6.50 to get in. I understand if you don't want to pay that though. But if you are looking for christmas gifts and what not it will be a good thing for you. Thanks for trying to come and see us.

Brandi
12-03-2006, 06:06 AM
Oh my gosh Portland was a lot colder then I expected by the way. And it rained (little snow too) every day we were working there. But it was nice to get more of a touch of winter then we do down here in california. Did anyone get a chance to go to the expo and see my sculpture?

jobob
12-03-2006, 07:51 AM
We went to the Convention Center to see your sculpture, does that count? :o

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=11921

Brandi
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
We went to the Convention Center to see your sculpture, does that count? :o

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=11921
I ment convention center. Sorry my mistake. Did you see it when it was almost done or the begining?

jobob
12-07-2006, 06:57 PM
But you weren't there ....nor was the sandsculpture, nor the Bazzar.

Was I in an alternative universe? :confused:

Brandi
12-08-2006, 07:53 AM
But you weren't there ....nor was the sandsculpture, nor the Bazzar.

Was I in an alternative universe? :confused:
Oh man i am sorry. When did you go? It just eneded this past sunday. Did you go on monday? It was indoors. Darn it I am sorry you missed it!

DeniseGoldberg
12-08-2006, 08:11 AM
I ment convention center. Sorry my mistake. Did you see it when it was almost done or the begining?

Funny, your initial post said that you would be at the expo center (which was the site of the Christmas Bazaar (http://www.expochristmasbazaar.com/)), and jobob said she went to the convention center.

According to addresses I found on the web, these are two totally different locations...

Brandi
12-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Funny, your initial post said that you would be at the expo center (which was the site of the Christmas Bazaar), and jobob said she went to the convention center.

According to addresses I found on the web, these are two totally different locations...
Yea it doesn't help that they have two places like that. The client didn't even tell us that. So when we got there we were all mixed up as well. Had to change a few things around.