PDA

View Full Version : Poor Milo

Veronica
11-14-2006, 05:23 AM
He's my commute bike, a gorgeous MB1. But he is heavy! Especially with all the stuff I carry back and forth to work. I never really noticed it before, but now that I've been riding the Legolas so much, I reallly feel the difference.

V.

DebW
11-14-2006, 05:35 AM
Milo can be your trainer for the next long tour. Remember how you extolled the virtues of loaded touring on your fitness?

aka_kim
11-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Remember how you extolled the virtues of loaded touring on your fitness?Not to mention the carrying of rocks and the towing of loaded BOBs uphill. (btw, "loaded BOBs" does not refer to jo and lee.)

It would seem fitting to follow a "No Bike Left Behind" rule here - All bikes will be expected to have the same weight and riding characteristics and meet the same minimum goals - if no bike gets ahead, then no bike gets left behind. It's patently unfair to Milo that you're spending all your time on your lighter and faster bike. :D

DebW
11-14-2006, 09:18 AM
If all bikes must have the same weight, then...

Legolas weighs 20 lb - when you ride the Legolas, you shall pull a 15 lb BOB
Fluffy weighs 24 lb - when you ride Fluffy, you shall carry 9 lbs of rocks
Milo weighs 30 lb - when you ride Milo, you shall carry 5 lbs of books

Veronica
11-14-2006, 02:33 PM
What about the tandem and the mountain bike?

V.

SadieKate
11-14-2006, 02:49 PM
(btw, "loaded BOBs" does not refer to jo and lee.)Don't mind me. I'm going to be giggling quietly for a while over here in my corner.

aka_kim
11-14-2006, 06:17 PM
What about the tandem and the mountain bike?And this is exactly why the "No Bike Left Behind" plan is so very complex, and will require additional funding and resources to perfect. Noble goals such as this always take time to work out the kinks.

crazycanuck
11-14-2006, 07:38 PM
It's interesting that you named your bike after a nutritional drink popular in Australia.

Milo is yummy and healthy..mmmmm...BMO3 will tell you about it soon.

c

jobob
11-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Not to mention the carrying of rocks and the towing of loaded BOBs uphill. (btw, "loaded BOBs" does not refer to jo and lee.)

Thank you, Kim. But somehow it sounds right. :rolleyes:

slinking away with what little dignity she has left

Dianyla
11-15-2006, 10:43 AM
He's my commute bike, a gorgeous MB1. But he is heavy! Especially with all the stuff I carry back and forth to work. I never really noticed it before, but now that I've been riding the Legolas so much, I reallly feel the difference.
Clearly I need to purchase a Riv to commute on! :cool:

Trekhawk
11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
It's interesting that you named your bike after a nutritional drink popular in Australia.

Milo is yummy and healthy..mmmmm...BMO3 will tell you about it soon.

c

I miss Milo.:( :( I have found it here in the States but its made in South America and does not taste the same.

Trekhawk
11-15-2006, 11:49 AM
And this is exactly why the "No Bike Left Behind" plan is so very complex, and will require additional funding and resources to perfect. Noble goals such as this always take time to work out the kinks.

Hee hee.:D