PDA

View Full Version : Rough Day

Veronica
11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
My cold has moved from Post Nasal Drip to Nasal Drip. This is good, it's progress. But my poor nose.. tissues are rough on it, even the ones that are supposed to be gentle.

Thom decided we were switching to decaf coffee this week. I've had the worst headache all day. I drink coffee because I like it and the decaf tasted fine. But that headache... I've had two Red Bulls since I got home. The headache is somewhat ameliorated.

I decided to take some liquid cold medicine. We have two kinds in the medicine cabinet. The lid on the kind I chose hadn't been put back on correctly. There were ants in it!

Thom has a dinner thing to go tonight, so he'll be home late. How soon can I go to bed?

V.

maillotpois
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Go get some Nyquil and go to bed now. Of course now that you've caved and had the red bulls it may take something more serious than nyquil to counteract that... :cool:

Last week or the week before, I had a head cold so painful my teeth hurt. Sounds like you have it now - and combining that with going off real coffee sounds crazy. Get over the cold and go off coffee next week. Or re-think that silliness and stay addicted with the rest of us. :p

Bikingmomof3
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Ah V, your day is bad. :( Going off caffeine with a cold, that is brutal. Take some NyQuil and go directly to bed. Feel better soon.

Veronica
11-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I've never noticed caffeine keeping me awake. Tomorrow's coffee will have some pep since I'm prepping it tonight. :D NyQuil was the stuff the ants didn't get. It's already making my nose less runny. Yippee!

V.

Bikingmomof3
11-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Caffeine does not keep me awake either. Now go to bed. Sweet dreams.

Veronica
11-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Yes mom... turning off the computer now.

V.

maillotpois
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I love NyQuil.... :cool:

Veronica
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
So I'll go to bed as soon as I finish my supper - toast and hot chocolate.

V.

Bikingmomof3
11-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Are you in bed yet, young lady?

Veronica
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Nope, half a mug of hot chocolate to go. :p

V.

Bikingmomof3
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Sigh......

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Veronica,
Hope you feel better soon! Sounds like a real drag....
Try to not BLOW your nose- it just irritates it and causes it to create MORE mucus to try to protect itself. Just squeeze your nose gently with the tissue, or blow gently without squeezing your nostrils closed while you blow. Hard to do, but it will let your nose start healing.

Why not make the coffee change in two steps rather than cold turkey? Buy equal amounts of caff and decaff and mix them together and use that for a couple of weeks before making the final switch. Those caffeine withdrawal headaches are PAINFUL and needless.
DH and I reached a compromise in our house- he loves regular caffeine coffee, but it was making me too jittery. So we always mix them half and half as a compromise. Coffee is always 1/2 caffeinated at our house, it works well for both of us. I get organic freshly ground at the health food store and have them mix it right there for me.

Feel better....and remember that SLEEP is the greatest healer of all. :)

roguedog
11-14-2006, 07:04 AM
hope nyquil did its magic last night. here's to free breathing and lots of rest!

Veronica
11-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Feeling much better today - not 100%. Gonna take another day off the bike :( , won't get to ride tomorrow either since I'm helping to interview for a new teaching position. Sometimes life gets in the way...

V.

Offthegrid
11-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I stopped drinking caffeinated beverages for the most part last month, and it was a tough week with a lot of headaches. If you can go more gradually, it'd probably help.

Now it just stinks if I go out to eat or something because I have to choose between a diet soda with caffeine, a high-calorie soda without caffeine or water (which I drink a ton of already so gets boring). And of course the Gu I already own has caffeine in it.