PDA

View Full Version : Update on soreness

khgulledge
11-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, I had my first ride since the fitting. Let me tell you, that fit is dialed in perfectly!

I rode 43miles with no saddle discomfort, pain or anything. I was able to ride in the drops for extended periods for the first time since purchasing my bike. The fit was just comfortable all over. I even managed to go faster when on the front pulling the other riders. At times, we were cruising along at 19-20mph with me pullling!! That was unheard of prior to the fitting.

I also purchased some Sugoi RS Flex shorts, Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter Cream (walmart). Used the Queen on my bum and the Performance Chamois Butt'r on the shorts. I had no rash or bumps after this ride.

I also had to purchase a tube of diaper rash ointment to clear up the rash I had from riding the trainer for 45min earlier in the week.

Overall - I am so far pleased with the new bike fit, Butterfly saddle, shorts, etc....

Glad that I've finally (hopefully) solved my saddle problems.

Thanks for all the help everyone has given me.

Karen.

Blueberry
11-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Very glad to hear things are working well for you:)

May I ask (since I'm in the same general area), where did you have your fit done (sorry if I missed it on another thread)? I may think of having one done come spring.

Also fyi - the Bicycle Chain (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) has the Sugoi RS Flex shorts as their "team short" and they sell them for less than the normal retail. That is, if you can live with the logo (or want a pair for wearing under tights). I think they're in the upper 70's.

Carrie Anne

khgulledge
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM
dang! upper 70's for those shorts! i paid 100 for them at brands cycle (online).

fitting was done by matt at the spin cycle in cary,nc. i would highly recommend him. i never knew cycling could be this comfortable! granted, that may change at a later date, but right now, it's the best since the fitting.

karen

Blueberry
11-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Cool...I might have to check those folks out. I'm still trying to explain to bike friday that the fit isn't correct if the bike only allows me to have my knee *in front of* the pedal spindle. *sigh* One battle at a time:)

Depends on how much you mind having a shop name plastered across your rear:p I'll double check the price next time I'm in there - they're doing work on the Fridays this week.

CA