PDA

View Full Version : November SS-

crazycanuck
11-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Hello,

I just want to let all the SS's know that i'm going to send mine a little bit later in the month. I have to wait for a couple of items to arrive.

This is just in case someone's staring at thier post office box in late november wondering where thier package is.

I promise it'll be a yummy package..

c

mimitabby
11-12-2006, 04:40 AM
i just got back from Italy and will not have the chance to go to a LBS for at least another week. I think we should probably make December a more easily attainable venture. (like cards instead of gifts to a small number of ss's!)
so my SS must also be patient.

crazycanuck
11-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Umm i thought dec ss was the card exchange I was organizing?

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Umm i thought dec ss was the card exchange I was organizing?

I missed that thread entirely....where is it??

crazycanuck
11-12-2006, 03:47 PM
http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=10318

It's on this page towards the bottom.

PM me with your email address & postal address if you're interested.

c

GLC1968
11-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Since we are talking about November Secret Sisters in this thread, can I thank mine here?

I got a GREAT package last week. My SS sent me a Park Tool Mini tool (LOVE it!), a bar of glycerin peppermint soap, an adorable x-mas ornament with my name on it and a koala bear key chain! I love it all and it really brightened my day!

Today I finally had a couple of minutes to do some sleuthing....based on the return address.... Trekhawk...are you my SS? :) :confused:

Thank you so much!!!

Catherine

(PS- I'll be sending out my SS package next week...I finally finished it today!!)

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-12-2006, 06:40 PM
I got my Nov SS's stuff all ready, but I just have to package and send it! :D

light_sabe_r
11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I sent mine quite early this month. ^_^ feeling pretty proud of myself actually. even though she probably won't get it until QUITE late into the month or possibly december... if the previous delivery dates are anything to go by. ;_;

Trekhawk
11-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Since we are talking about November Secret Sisters in this thread, can I thank mine here?

I got a GREAT package last week. My SS sent me a Park Tool Mini tool (LOVE it!), a bar of glycerin peppermint soap, an adorable x-mas ornament with my name on it and a koala bear key chain! I love it all and it really brightened my day!

Today I finally had a couple of minutes to do some sleuthing....based on the return address.... Trekhawk...are you my SS? :) :confused:

Thank you so much!!!

Catherine

(PS- I'll be sending out my SS package next week...I finally finished it today!!)

Good sleuthing - glad to hear you liked the package.:D

GLC1968
11-13-2006, 08:59 AM
I did! It was awesome! I also wanted to come back and thank you for the book about my birth year. I'd forgotten that was in there and it was REALLY cool!! :D

Thanks again!

Bluetree
11-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Thank you to my November Secret Sister!!!!!!

I received a package today straight from QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA.
Hmmm... I wonder who that could be?! :D

I think it was mentioned here someone before, but we seem to get these SS packages just at the time when we're not feeling too good. It sure brightened my day up! Love the soaps and the tree-thingy (inspected that one for a while) and everything and of course, the personalized journal.

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

Joy

(P.S. One more thing has to come in and my SS package is off to the mail)

paigette
11-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Gee, I feel bad that I haven't bought my SS stuff yet!!

I'll be in Houston this weekend & that's where I plan on buying the cool stuff:D

Aggie_Ama
11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Paigette- Don't feel bad! I haven't gone either. We are finally settled in our house, so this weekend I have time to shop. I just need to figure something out, my SS isn't a big poster like me. :D

Hub
11-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey- I just realized today is the 13th! omigosh- We don't have a local bike shop here in Cleveland, but I have a tasty X-mas related item in mind & something local . . . .will try to get it in the mail to MY SS this week!:eek:

mimitabby
11-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey- I just realized today is the 13th! omigosh- We don't have a local bike shop here in Cleveland, but I have a tasty X-mas related item in mind & something local . . . .will try to get it in the mail to MY SS this week!:eek:

You don't mean Cleveland Ohio, do you?

Easy Rider Bicycle Shop
3974 E 131st St, Cleveland, OH

Little Mountain Limited
7230 Mentor Ave, Mentor, OH
visit official website Go to Website

Eddy's Bike Shop
25140 Lorain Rd, North Olmsted, OH

The Ski & Sport Haus
22 W Orange St, Chagrin Falls, OH

Garfield Bike Shop
4521 Warner Rd, Cleveland, OH

Solon Bicycle
6291 Som Center Rd, Cleveland, OH
visit official website Go to Website

Fantasy Toys Lowrider Bicycle
4327 Lorain Ave, Cleveland, OH

Bikingmomof3
11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Mimi- I do not think she is in Cleveland, OH, since it is not considered part of the Mississippi Delta. However, I will print these off for future reference. Some day I plan to venture far enough north in this state to compete in Cleveland. :)

crazycanuck
11-14-2006, 01:50 AM
ARGH...Why is it that when I have a wonderful idea to order a shirt online, it's out of stock?

I want to make sure I send my SS items she won't get in the US and worry about sending a boring package.

c

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm mailing out my SS's package today! :p

lauraelmore1033
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
just received the coolest little pewter cycling Santa ornament from my SS in PA today. It really brightened my day (and let me tell you, the day really needed some brightening, between the house full of puking kitties and the out of town dh...). The water bottle and TE stickers were also much appreciated. Thanks so much:D !
Laura

suzieqtwa
11-15-2006, 09:20 AM
I have my SS stuff here ,but I haven't mailed it yet...I still need to get something else. My SS is a very seasoned rider ,so I'm sure she has every bike gadget there is. Hope she likes my choice. I had fun putting it together anyway.
Suzie :o

guanajagirl
11-16-2006, 07:00 AM
Got my ss package mailed off today! I hope she enjoys the goodies:)

Bikingmomof3
11-16-2006, 11:25 AM
My SS's box has been mailed priority, so someone in the southeast should be receiving a package from me by Monday (yes, I am being optimistic). :D

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Yes, mine went out Priority mail too yesterday! :D

CyclChyk
11-16-2006, 04:43 PM
got mine out today too.... should be there about saturday/monday......
Hope she likes it.

makbike
11-16-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm going to mail my package tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will make it to its destination by Wednesday, if all goes well.

Running Mommy
11-16-2006, 06:51 PM
How did you know that my levers are on their last leg? One of them is actually broken, so that was a timely gift!
And I love the bike ornament/cookie press!! VERY COOL!
Oh and the cards!! HOLY SMOKES!!! Do we have an artist amongst us? I LOVE the colors. They remind me of my Aunt Helenes work.
Oh and the other goodies too!!
THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!!!!!
Denise
P.s. my son is bugging me for the playdoh pen. :D

Shiraz
11-16-2006, 07:45 PM
:DThankyou Secret Sister,
I love every gift!! I love the red and black socks (favorite color), I love the tool (so did mu DH) and what a cool light! I already ate the jelly beans YUM. Thanks so much. What perfect timing. :D
I will be mailing my SS out tomorrow. I am sorry I am late, have worked an ton and then went out of town. I will send it priority.

Hub
11-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Mom of three is right- I live CLeveland Mississippi, population approx 15K.
From Beale Street in Memphis you turn south on Third Ave (Hwy 61- you know the Blues Highway)- drive 100 miles- you're in Cleveland- Home of Po'Monkeys lounge and the Fighting Okra of Delta State University!

jeannierides
11-17-2006, 05:24 PM
I came home today to a package on my doorstep. What a cool surprise!:D All the way from New York... and with the blue bike hint... I think I know who you are!!:p
Lisa, it's you, right? :rolleyes:
I loved all the different little gifts! Thank you SO much!!

Jeannie

ps... to my other SS, don't give up... yours may be late, but it'll be there!:o

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I forgot about the NY part....guess it was too easy! :rolleyes:

:)

snapdragen
11-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Thank you to my SS - my box from Perfomance arrived yesterday. Very cool! And much appreciated.:cool:

jeannierides
11-20-2006, 04:20 AM
:o Just to let my SS know... your goodies have been ordered (late, I'm sorry to say) and will be here this week (hopefully)! May be a little late getting to you, but don't worry - your package is coming! :D

paigette
11-20-2006, 05:09 AM
To my SS:

Your stuff was purchased this weekend. I have it in a box, will be put in mail this evening, so look for it this weekend.

mimitabby
11-20-2006, 06:06 AM
To my SS,
your package is in the mail. You should get it this week.

suzieqtwa
11-20-2006, 06:31 AM
TO my SS
Im headed to the post office now...you should get your package in a few days. :D

Bad JuJu
11-20-2006, 01:13 PM
1. To my poor receiving SS who's waiting patiently (I hope) for her package from me: hold on, it's coming!

2. To my sending SS who sent the coolest gifts ever: Thanks!!! Thanks for the little log book for my motorcycle rides--you've been paying attention, haven't you? And the multi-tool MUST be the tiniest one in the known universe. But wait, there's more--the chainring/snowflake ornament will be the most adorable thing on our Christmas tree, I'm sure. Altogether a package full of superlatives.:D

makbike
11-20-2006, 01:55 PM
To my SS I mailed your package Friday after school and it should arrive by Wednesday.

mimitabby
11-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Gosh, I have no idea who the recipient of my gifts is. I had never heard her name before. So.. hopefully she's still visiting TE AND she likes what i sent her!

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-20-2006, 02:16 PM
You guys are all just so great. :)

Trekhawk
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh my!!!! What a great bunch of gifts.

I got home today after braving the crowds at the shops to find a package at my door. It was full of wonderful delights from Kentucky. I also got the cutest little drawing of a cyclist in a frame with Trekhawk in lovely writing underneath.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Makbike Im thinking the thanks should be heading your way - am I right??

makbike
11-20-2006, 03:39 PM
You are correct, Trehawk! I hope you enjoy a tiny piece of my home state. I did not figure my identity would be a big secret given the question I posed earlier this month - I only wish they could have squeezed both names on the print.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Trekhawk
11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I did not figure my identity would be a big secret given the question I posed earlier this month - I only wish they could have squeezed both names on the print.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Its lovely just the way it is. I feel very special indeed.:D

crazycanuck
11-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Hello,

To my SS in the US..(i'm not narrowing any further..) your package has been sent.

c

im4smiley
11-21-2006, 05:46 PM
To my secret sister, far far away, your package has been sent....I have no idea how long it will take...hopefully not too long! Enjoy

pyxichick
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I got my package yesterday :)

What a nice way to brighten up my otherwise crabby week!

I love the water bottle-- never had one of those kind before. And Clif are my favorites, even though BF reps for PB.

Thanks so much!!!:D

xeney
11-22-2006, 08:27 AM
WOW. I haven't been around much, but my SS completely outdid herself. And I have to tell you this: I had those exact ornaments -- all of them -- in my online shopping cart earlier this month, but I decided I couldn't afford them. Those alone would have made my whole month, but the snake cable lock? The water bottles? The everything? I am blown away.

That is two months in a row when my SS bought me something that I had almost bought for myself. I'm starting to think you guys are stalking me! Heh.

To my SS: your package will not go out until after Thanksgiving, I'm so sorry. I ordered it late due to a crazy month, and it hasn't arrived yet, so I will ship it out when I get back from Yosemite.

Aggie_Ama
11-22-2006, 08:40 AM
My parents called last night and said "You got a weird package- from New Zealand??" I can't wait to go by and pick it up!! :D

To all the late senders (myself included) I can PM anyone if you think it will be REAL late. I don't think the end of the month or the first week of December is late.

mtbdarby
11-22-2006, 08:55 AM
To my SS. I got your last item yesterday. I will pack it up today and it will ship on Friday!

guanajagirl
11-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Thank you SS!! I love all my little goodies! Especially the chocolate ;)

kerrybelle
11-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Don't know how you did it, but you got me just what I've been wanting! My hands will be especially thankfull on those cold rides. The SmarWool liners are perfect! I love the ornament, too and of course all the other little treats! Thanks again.

To my SS in the NE, I was finally able to get to the bike shop today, the one I like isn't close to home. I'm hoping to get your package sent out this weekend and on Monday at the latest! I hope you're being patient and that you like what I got for you.

Kerry

Tater
11-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Okay, I just got a cool package from my SS! Now I just have to figure out who she is (I know where she lives;) )! If you,my dear Secret Sis, happen to read this, thanks for the goodies both human and dog!

suzieqtwa
11-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up this morning to a package from my SS. I LOVE the cycling Santa music Christmas ornament. I didn't have any reflecting bands ,so it was so cool to get some. I do ride at night in traffic. I'm feeding 11 people today ,but I'm sure we will have plenty of left overs for that yummy sauce. You made my day SS.....................Thanks again. :D I know your from sunny Ca :cool: ,but I will research later to find out who sent sunshine to my rainy Portland. Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much .
Suzie

Aggie_Ama
11-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Kiwi- Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I love all my New Zealand goodies. The ornament will look great amongst my safari animal ornaments, I can't wait to open the magic towel (how did you know I loved those as a kid) and I can't wait to ride and use my goodies.

Thanks again! :D

mtkitchn
11-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Thank you to my SS for the adorable Christmas slipper socks and cute snowman throw pillow! I hadn't even gotten the Christmas things out yet, so this puts me in the mood and cheers me up! Oh, and the chocolate.....mmmm!

kiwi girl
11-23-2006, 01:59 PM
My pleasure Aggie. I was a bit worried about whether the food would make it through customs - so its good that everything arrived intact

greenmachine
11-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Thank You to my Secret Sister Tater!

Thank You for the very cool ornament for my Christmas tree and the bike goodies! And I will add the tire boot, patches and tire lever to my seat bag. Thanks for the Happy Thanksgiving card and the postcards too!

To my SS; I have the goodies and the box, I just need to package it up and get it in the mail tomorrow. Hmmm, I wonder if she likes chocolate?

Judy

makbike
11-24-2006, 10:50 AM
THANK YOU, SJCzar! I came home from my visit with my parents a bit on the down side and your box provided a much needed smile. I love the contents - a cool pocket guide to emergency bicycle repairs, a cool pair of socks, my favorite snack bars (MOJOs are my favorite) , a stuffed snowman ornament (how did you know I love snow!), a cute pair of earrings and a CD ROM on cycling. It was a great pick-me up. Thanks again and now it's time to enjoy that MOJO bar before I go out for a ride on this beautiful, sunny, warm (68F) afternoon.

SJCzar
11-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Glad you liked the stuff. I enjoy the MOJOs quite a bit myself. That happens to be one of my daughter's nicknames, so that's what made me try them the first time. We're enjoying some usually nice weather around here also. I got out for a great ride yesterday. Hopefully it will stay decent through the weekend and I can get out a few more times.

Tri Girl
11-24-2006, 01:28 PM
THANK YOU SS!!!

I love, love, love, love all the goodies you sent!!! You went all-out!!! I absolutely love the beach, and being landlocked in the middle of the country, I miss it so much. I can't believe you sent me part of the actual beach!! You're the BEST!!!! All the goodies, the Disneyland ornament (have been there a few times and LOVE the jungle cruise), the personalized liscense plate, the bath gel, magnet, spoon holder, Haunakah coins, the ornament (is that made of crepe paper- amazing), and of course, the nutrition goodies. You are truly the BEST!!! I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my day!
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Now I just need to do some research to figure out who you are....hmmmm..putting on my detective hat.

Thank you again! You've made my month!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

suzieqtwa
11-24-2006, 01:28 PM
I know who you are SS...................a little "duckie" told me. Joy (AKA) Bluetree (right) !!! Thanks again so much. I love the Santa on the cycle .
Suzie

NJBikeGal
11-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I have a rockin' SS (PAP103???)!! Wow...such a wicked bunch of goodies delivered right to my door! Thank you, thank you!! MY DH made me put up the tree and the ornaments from you were the first ones to grace a branch! :) Excellent! I'm going to try the Sport Beans tomorrow (have a 3hour team ride to look forward to)...I've never had them before! :)

To my SS...the box is in the mail...should arrive in the next couple of days...probably Monday or Tuesday (phew...just squeaked in at the tail-end of the month!)!! I hope you enjoy!

Patti37
11-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Thank you to my secret sister. I received my package on Friday. The socks and the water bottle have already been put to good use. The socks are unbelievably comfortable.

I did love the items from Italy and all the stamps on the outside of the package.

Thank you so much.

mimitabby
11-26-2006, 06:00 AM
ah Patti, thanks for telling me who you were. I still don't know who I gifted in October!!

uforgot
11-26-2006, 10:41 AM
I received the most wonderful package from my ss. First, I carefully opened it as I'm saving the stamps and stickers from the outside. So much thought and effort! My 19 year old son couldn't get past the stamps from Israel! Anyway, inside was an interesting letter about where my ss lives and the most beautiful oil painting by a local woman artist. I must say, I was absolutely stunned. It is a representation of the Jordan Valley where she lives and she even described the flowers and olive trees. I like how the light is filtering down in the back. I just can't quite convey how much I love this little painting, I will take good care of it and keep it always. Thank you Margaret.

margo49
11-26-2006, 11:44 AM
I was so hoping you would feel like this, uforgot
Not looking quite like this at the mo' but was up on the hill yesterday picking olives and thinking the parcel must nearly be there.
I am so touched that you have shared it with everyone. Everywhere on Earth has its own certain slant of light and I think she caught it well.
You must come in the spring and we will ride amongst them!

Patti37
11-27-2006, 01:13 AM
The oil painting is stunning. Thanks for sharing.

To my SS - my package was sent last Tuesday. I was told it would take 3-5 days so hopefully it will be arriving very soon.

Patti

mtbdarby
11-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Awesome painting Margo!

I got my SS package this weekend and it was amazing! I got a dream catcher, bike angel (I really needed that!), sport jelly beans, some chocolate, incredible smelling bath products from little mama, tea, hand and foot cream, chamois butter, and a cute little bike paperclip (I think I got it all). What a thoughtful gift from my SS in Phoenix! Now I'll have to look you up, TE map says Vickie lives nearby, is it you?

chickwhorips
11-27-2006, 08:17 AM
dear secret sister,
yes i did receive your package and the post office was right about how long it would take. thank you for all the wonderful things. though with it being monday morning and i have short-timer's syndrome really bad i think those chocolate covered espresso beans may meet there end today or at least a few of them will.
thank you for all the thought that went into the package. it made my day to get it.

jeannierides
11-27-2006, 09:10 AM
To my SS... your package is in the mail... finally! The post office worker said it should be to you within a day or two. SO, if one of you hasn't received her package... you'll be getting it soon. Hopefully you'll find it worth the wait! :D

kiwi girl
11-27-2006, 10:42 AM
To my secret sister from Santa Cruz (I'll have to try and work out who you are later).

Thank you so much for the great goodies. The insulated water bottle will come in really handy now that it is heading into summer here. I haven't seen the Clif Shot blocks here so am looking forward to testing them on my next long ride (I had to resist the temptation to just eat them as candy as I stared out the window at the rain last night). Even though today is a work day I managed to give the socks a short test run on my (short) commute this morning. The only colour coordinated cycling outfit I have is sky blue, but I had been going with white socks with it - now I will be even more matching.

cheers

SJCzar
11-27-2006, 10:52 AM
I got a fabulous package from my "not-so-secret sister" today. I'm sure she had a good laugh when she got my name for November. What are the chances that you'd actual get someone you know and have ridden with before?

Of course that meant that she knows me all too well and knew just what to send me.

I loved everything : the T-Shirt, Secret Sister hanging (how cute), snowboarding ornament (my other passion), note paper, chocolate goodies (yes I have a sweet tooth), Gumby tag (my bike, Nathan, is going to wear it proudly) and the tattoos. I'll be sure to wear them on some organized rides next year.

My non-cycling co-workers are getting jealous. They want a secret sister of their own. Maybe that's one way to get them out on a bike.

mtbdarby
11-27-2006, 11:24 AM
:p I knew you'd figure it out! Yes, I did chuckle when I got your name, but it was fun shopping. I was gonna send it to someone out of state to mail to you but I was running out of time. How's Melissa feeling?

7rider
11-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Thank you to my November SS!
Lots of wonderful goodies - including a yummy cliff bar, socks, a great tail light that will go right on my lightless road bike, and earrings and a necklace that she made! Wow.
Hmmm...I've just spent the last hour and a half cruising old postings, trying to spot my jewelry-making SS from OK (University of OK). Very talented (the ornament was really neat - I can't believe you MADE that!). I'm thinking...I KNOW this person, why can I not find her! :confused: And....sneaky, she's not posted on the sticky map (or is she??).
Thanks again! :D

kiwi girl
11-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Susie - is it you - your signature on the customs form is a bit hard to read, but now I've seen Susie on the map as the only person in Santa Cruz I think that could be what it says

kiwi girl
11-27-2006, 07:02 PM
whoops - double post

PAP103
11-28-2006, 05:36 AM
I had a nice surprise from Alaska waiting for me when I got home last night (Chickwhorips??). I love the moose ornament. I'll be putting up my tree this weekend and my new friend will be front and center. Also, love the Alaska cookie cutters. Wonder what the kids will think when they get bears and moose cookies instead of Xmas trees and angels??

Thanks again - you made my day.

PAP103
11-28-2006, 05:38 AM
[QUOTE=NJBikeGal;147493]I have a rockin' SS (PAP103???)!! Wow...such a wicked bunch of goodies delivered right to my door! Thank you, thank you!! MY DH made me put up the tree and the ornaments from you were the first ones to grace a branch! :) Excellent! I'm going to try the Sport Beans tomorrow (have a 3hour team ride to look forward to)...I've never had them before! :)

Yep, thats me. :D I guess it wasn't too difficult to figure me out. Glad you like your goodies!
Patty

SJCzar
11-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey Dar,

Melissa is doing OK. Her chest and shoulder area is hurting more than the broken/bruised ribs. She's going to the doctor today to she if she did any more damage than what was originally discovered at the ER...perhaps a torn muscle in her chest.

Don't mean to take this thread off topic, but please all remember the importance of seat belts. I would bet that since most of us wear helmets we also wear seat belts.

My daughter was in a car accident the weekend before Thanksgiving. Luckily for her, she was programmed from childhood to always put her seat belt on. Judging by the force of the impact from the seat belt locking, the paramedics were sure she would have been through the windshield if she hadn't been wearing it, and quite possibly ended up under the car. She has a nasty seat belt burn, one broken and five bruised ribs, but it could have been much worse.

chickwhorips
11-28-2006, 07:52 AM
have fun making cookies pap. i think there is a recipe on there too. i couldn't resist the moose. he was just oh so cute!

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Got an exciting surprise package from ENGLAND today!!! So thrilling and mysterious to open it!
Thank you Eli, such a wonderful book on Norwegian folk tales!! Did you perchance know that I sing old ballads and thus have a big interest in traditional stories and folk tales?? How on earth did you know??
I've also been wanting to try out those famous Sports Beans everyone talks about. And wow that CHOCOLATE is going to be a real treat. Gonna keep my DH from swiping it!

Thank you thank you!!!! What a sweet package of treats. :p

JmcG
11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks to my SS for the package I received today (Jeannierides - are you my SS?). I loved everything in it, especially the cue sheet clip!!! I've been wanting to get one forever and never got around to it. Usually for our century rides, DH and I both forget to bring some kind of clip and end up searching the car to find one of those clips you get from work - but only one, so the other person has to keep their cue sheet in their back pocket and invariably one person goes off course (sometimes if one of us is feeling stronger, that person goes ahead and we meet up at the food station). So now I will always have a clip for my bike! And everything else is great - I can't wait to eat the bike pasta! And the Gu and powerbar gels and clif blocks are always needed. Oh, and the cute socks. Definitely worth the wait. Thanks so much! This is so much fun!!

paigette
11-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Ok, I have been sick since the day before Thanksgiving, so I was extremely happy to find my SS gift had arrived today. Some lovely socks, a candle, a Bike ornament--which will be used in the newly created 'bike room' during the non-holiday time--and a picture frame & a keychain rounded out my lot.

Great stuff & I'm guessing my SS is NJBikeGal!

jeannierides
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Yep, it's me... you are certainly welcome!:)

NJBikeGal
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Nice guess, Paigette!! I guess with so many of us residing in Oaklyn, NJ it was a tough one to figure out! I hope you enjoy everything..always fun to send out little boxes o'goodies! :)

mountainpuddles
11-28-2006, 09:09 PM
When I arrived from my Thanksgiving vacation I found a nice surprise in my box. A laughing round santa smile, candie's, appointment book, first aid kit and fabulous Christmas ornament that is waiting for our tree.

SS. I will be sending the package out on Friday.

Thank you....

Becky

crazycanuck
11-29-2006, 03:42 AM
Umm...i'm worried that the package I sent to my SS in the Eastern US is lost in the thanksgiving mail...Sure hope US customs wasn't hungry...

So, if you're a SS in the Eastern US awaiting a package, one's on it's way and someone hasn;t forgotten about you. :)

c

Bikingmomof3
11-29-2006, 04:56 AM
Umm...i'm worried that the package I sent to my SS in the Eastern US is lost in the thanksgiving mail...Sure hope US customs wasn't hungry...

So, if you're a SS in the Eastern US awaiting a package, one's on it's way and someone hasn;t forgotten about you. :)

c

CC-do not worry, yet. Whe you sent a box to me, it was open, gone through and resealed with bright green tape. I had never had a box opened before, so it could just be tied up in cutoms/border security.

Bad JuJu
11-30-2006, 04:38 AM
My poor SS--I just mailed your package out yesterday. But remember--good things come to those who wait! :o :D

Nanci
11-30-2006, 05:45 AM
Juju- she's not as poor as my SS...

But I got my November gifts, and I love them! Nice of the PO to leave it on the front steps where we never go- so hopefully it wasn't out there long.

She did her research and sent frog and lizard-related items! And a pack of Scabs- which I love and need! And a Polar bottle in a color I didn't have (and if you could see my other two- which got forgotten about in the cooler since November 8th!!) and a key chain and a bottle holder thingy and FOOD! I love raspberry Clif Shot Bloks since they have vitamin C(affeinne) in them! Will be using that Saturday!

Thank you so much,

Nanci

Bad JuJu
11-30-2006, 12:42 PM
And a pack of Scabs- which I love and need!
Either this is something other than what it sounds like or.....it's grounds for a big eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww! :eek: Please enlighten me!

im4smiley
11-30-2006, 05:19 PM
I am sooo excited...Christmas came to my house and it is only November! I opened my packages and there was a cool Christmas ornament to hang on the wall, with a Santa and it says ho ho ho and has bells!! also socks, tire levers and tire patch, a small stocking with bath confetti..I can't wait to take a bath! Also a water bottle and Sol sunguard. I am sooo lucky.. Thank you Secret Sister :) :)

CyclChyk
11-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Well I certainly must say that I must get the BEST SS's ever!

This month I got so many cool things in my package but I am having a hard time deciding which is cooler of 2 of them-->the crossword puzzle book (which means that my SS did enough digging to find out that I love crossword puzzles) OR the fact that she got my babies doggie bones.....

Either way, I love it ALL and I just want to give a very sincere thank you to my SS - hhhmmm..... based only on the zipcode as my sis was very secretive, I am guessing Bluetree????

AllezGirl
12-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks to my awesome SS in Sacramento. Not only do we have the same first name, but we have the same taste in gifts! I have ordered all of those items as gifts too...and have always had a hard time sending them off because I wanted to keep them for myself!

The headband is the same color as my winter cycling coat and will coordinate nicely!

Thank you!

AllezGirl
12-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Did you send me that nice package?

I'll be in Sacramento in March. Maybe I'll get a chance to thank you in person!

xeney
12-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Ha. Yes, that was me! Glad you liked it!

ClockworkOrange
12-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Why do some things affect us and others don't? :cool:

I suppose I am disappointed for two reasons, firstly have not received my SS package but am really hoping it is on it's way.

Secondly..................OK, this is going to sound pathetic but after taking a fair time choosing something for my SS and spending more than a reasonable amount, plus postage of over $11, I guess I was a little surprised at not receiving a PM, at least that way we could have exchanged a few words.

Call me stupid but I was so excited when I received and sent my October SS and it was so good communicating with these two people who live on the other side of the world.

I don't expect or even want any comments to what I have written, it is just my way of expressing how I feel, albeit somewhat stupid. :(

Sally

mimitabby
12-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Why do some things affect us and others don't? :cool:

I suppose I am disappointed for two reasons, firstly have not received my SS package but am really hoping it is on it's way.

Secondly..................OK, this is going to sound pathetic but after taking a fair time choosing something for my SS and spending more than a reasonable amount, plus postage of over $11, I guess I was a little surprised at not receiving a PM, at least that way we could have exchanged a few words.

Call me stupid but I was so excited when I received and sent my October SS and it was so good communicating with these two people who live on the other side of the world.

I don't expect or even want any comments to what I have written, it is just my way of expressing how I feel, albeit somewhat stupid. :(

Sally

Clock, you and I are in the same boat. The first lady I sent something to never told me who she was on line. So it was a black hole.
YOU were great, easy to buy for and lots of communication.. Now I am waiting, like you, for a November gift. At least the gal I sent the November package to had enough class to let me know she got it and appreciated what i sent her.
As for your most recent recipient, sheesh, if i got a package all the way from GB I would be thrilled!

Bad JuJu
12-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I guess I'm confused. I thought the "Secret" was an important part of the whole Secret Sister thing. That is, I didn't realize we were supposed to identify ourselves here in the forums. I can understand offering a general thanks here in this thread, so hopefully your SS will read it, and of course if she wants to identify herself, that's great. But is there a procedure that I'm not aware of, where we DO identify ourselves after the gift is sent?

I'm fine with it either way--just wondering what most people do.

laughlaugh18
12-03-2006, 06:51 PM
I guess I'm confused. I thought the "Secret" was an important part of the whole Secret Sister thing. That is, I didn't realize we were supposed to identify ourselves here in the forums.

The main thing, I think, is that we all want our SS to post on the board to at least acknowledge they've received our gift (smail mail paranoia). Beyond that, I don't think there's any rule. Some folks are comfortable id'ing each other on the boards, some do it by PM and I'm sure some never reveal themselves.

I, for one, like to know who sent me neat stuff - sometimes my SS gives me her name, sometimes I'm left to guess. Either way's fine to me. When I send out SS packages, I don't use my screen name, but I try to leave clues to my identity in my note (darn CyclChyk figured it out way too easily ;) ). If my SS doesn't figure out who I am, I eventually PM her and fess up. It prolongs the fun for me.

mimitabby
12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
The main thing, I think, is that we all want our SS to post on the board to at least acknowledge they've received our gift (smail mail paranoia). Beyond that, I don't think there's any rule. Some folks are comfortable id'ing each other on the boards, some do it by PM and I'm sure some never reveal themselves.

I, for one, like to know who sent me neat stuff - sometimes my SS gives me her name, sometimes I'm left to guess. Either way's fine to me. When I send out SS packages, I don't use my screen name, but I try to leave clues to my identity in my note (darn CyclChyk figured it out way too easily ;) ). If my SS doesn't figure out who I am, I eventually PM her and fess up. It prolongs the fun for me.

ah, but you eventually tell. that makes sense to me.

crazycanuck
12-04-2006, 01:48 AM
I would like to say thanks to my SS-I think it's Im4smiley? Just notice you're in turner falls so it might be you.

Thank you for the cool multi tool-Ian took one look at it and said "you may not see that in the morning...", the keychain!!! the peeps-I'm still trying to eat the ones Jennifer sent me!!! The socks..now i have a reason to buy a blue jersey...!!! The powergels will come in v handy this weekend at the 12hr.

Thanks again for taking the time to send it down this way!

Is MA Massachusetts?

c

Patti37
12-04-2006, 01:51 AM
The first month I participated in Secret Sister I did not even think about posting a thank you which was thoughtless. I am not sure why I did not. I make sure to say a thank you in a thread so that the person who sent it knows I appreciate what they have sent and to let them know I have received it. I do not sent a personal email but maybe that is a good idea.

I cannot believe I did not do this the first month.

Bad JuJu
12-04-2006, 01:52 AM
I get the idea of acknowledging gifts received--that makes sense to me.

I keep telling my brother and his wife to teach their kids to write thank-you notes (or at least thank-you emails) for that reason--certainly they need to learn to thank people for their generosity, but if nothing else, gift-givers who live far away just want to know that everything arrives as it's supposed to.

I like the idea of including little clues to identity--that sounds like fun!

ClockworkOrange
12-04-2006, 03:21 AM
OK, first and foremost, I did not make it clear in my above post that my SS did say thank you.

Please don't all shout at me, it was just one of those days and.........................and I felt, I dunno what I even felt.

Sheeeeesh, wanted to come on this site today and just delete what I had written but this is not fair to all the responses.

I suppose it is still fascinating to me, to be able to get in contact with people so very far away, obviously, different culture and very often we even use different words for things but no, I am in the wrong, why should I expect anybody to send me a PM, my SS did the correct thing, she thanked me on this thread. As Bad JuJu mentioned, it is meant to be 'Secret'.

I put my hand up on this one, I screwed up, sorry folks. :(

I look forward to receiving my SS gift, guess I am just impatient.

Sally

mountainpuddles
12-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Dear S.S. I am sending out the package today. Becky

BleeckerSt_Girl
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey Sally, don't feel bad! You really didn't say anything so terrible. We all word things in ways sometimes that might have been worded better- it's ok!
I hope your SS package arrives to you soon! :)

mtbdarby
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Sally, you didn't say anything wrong. I did thank my SS, but I must be bad at figuring out who mine is. I haven't figured it out the last two times and I would love for my SS to 'fess up so I can get to know her better (hint, hint;) ). Getting a gift is great any day, but getting to make a friend is even better in my book.

makbike
12-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Sally I personally don't think you said anything wrong you were simply voicing a level of frustration some (this has included myself) who participate in the SS exchanges have felt at one time or another. I think, this of course if my personal opinion, that if you know your package is going to be late a short note to the organizer stating just that would help a lot. They, the organizer, could in turn PM the person who is wondering about the whereabouts of their package so they did not become frustrated and feel left out of the exchange. I know several people, including myself, have posted notes that a package was on the way or a package was going to be late but in reality the SS has no earthly idea if that message is for them or for someone else who is participating. Again, I think it is important to let this person know they have not been forgotten and brief PM would do the job and relieve all tension, worry and frustration.

I also think that once a gift is received a note of thanks should be posted or a PM sent so the sender knows that their package made it safely to its destination. You may not know who you SS is but they did take time and spend some $ to make your day a little brighter so everyone should take a moment to say "THANK YOU" but again that is how I was raised and I realize not everyone shares my views.

Toni
12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Take about a surprise when I walked through the front door!! A package full of goodies from down under!! Thank you for sending me a piece of Australia, complete with fabulous chocolate, notepad, t-shirt, blinking light, fantastic smelling soaps, did I mention the chocolate :D , and other assorted goodies. I appreciate it. Great chocolate......

Happy Holidays Mate

Toni

mimitabby
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Sally I personally don't think you said anything wrong you were simply voicing a level of frustration some (this has included myself) who participate in the SS exchanges have felt at one time or another. I think, this of course if my personal opinion, that if you know your package is going to be late a short note to the organizer stating just that would help a lot. They, the organizer, could in turn PM the person who is wondering about the whereabouts of their package so they did not become frustrated and feel left out of the exchange. I know several people, including myself, have posted notes that a package was on the way or a package was going to be late but in reality the SS has no earthly idea if that message is for them or for someone else who is participating. Again, I think it is important to let this person know they have not been forgotten and brief PM would do the job and relieve all tension, worry and frustration.

I also think that once a gift is received a note of thanks should be posted or a PM sent so the sender knows that their package made it safely to its destination. You may not know who you SS is but they did take time and spend some $ to make your day a little brighter so everyone should take a moment to say "THANK YOU" but again that is how I was raised and I realize not everyone shares my views.

Exactly Marcie. the secrecy should not trump good manners!

BleeckerSt_Girl
12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Take about a surprise when I walked through the front door!! A package full of goodies from down under!! Thank you for sending me a piece of Australia, complete with fabulous chocolate, notepad, t-shirt, blinking light, fantastic smelling soaps, did I mention the chocolate :D , and other assorted goodies. I appreciate it. Great chocolate......

Man, that's a whole lotta stuff!!! :eek: I hope it's still "ok" to send 2 or 3 items for around $20?...

ClockworkOrange
12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I was almost dreading coming on this site again, feeling really stupid but you guys have cheered me up so much.

So, I won't thank you individually in case I miss anybody out, but a BIG thanx for the encouraging words.

Sally

CyclChyk
12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
This is what I have taken from this whole SS thing. And its in FOUR parts.

1. I fell joy in reading about the SS I have been assigned; finding out what she likes and her interests. Then picking out things that I think will make her smile. And that makes ME smile.
2. RECEIVING a gift - from someone I have never met. And KNOWING from the items in my package that she took the time to read my many posts, or even NOTICE my posts, enough to know what I like and get me things to make me smile.
3. POSTING a thank you to my SS for my wonderful gift. Hoping that my post of thanks will make her smile as much as her gift made me smile.
4. And the forth, the final part to this whole SS thing, is seeing the person that I purchased for, HAPPY about the items I sent. And only being able to know she is happy because she took the time to post a thankyou.

THAT is what I think CLOCK was alluding to. And that is what I think this whole SS thing is about. Don't tell me who you are. I don't care. I just care that you took the time.............

jeannierides
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM

1. I fell joy in reading about the SS I have been assigned; finding out what she likes and her interests. Then picking out things that I think will make her smile. And that makes ME smile.
2. RECEIVING a gift - from someone I have never met. And KNOWING from the items in my package that she took the time to read my many posts, or even NOTICE my posts, enough to know what I like and get me things to make me smile.
3. POSTING a thank you to my SS for my wonderful gift. Hoping that my post of thanks will make her smile as much as her gift made me smile.
4. And the forth, the final part to this whole SS thing, is seeing the person that I purchased for, HAPPY about the items I sent. And only being able to know she is happy because she took the time to post a thankyou.

THAT is what I think CLOCK was alluding to. And that is what I think this whole SS thing is about. Don't tell me who you are. I don't care. I just care that you took the time.............

<<<what she said :cool:

Bad JuJu
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
I, too, don't think you said anything wrong, Sally. But I hope I didn't! Just trying to figure it all out.

I DO like Mimi's take: that secrecy shouldn't trump good manners. That'll be my SS mantra from now on.:)

Hope your package arrives soon, Sally, and everybody else who hasn't gotten theirs yet!

ClockworkOrange
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM

Hi CyclChyk

I was going to say you got it in one..................but you got it in four! ;)

You have summed it all up very eloquently.

Sally

im4smiley
12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
I would like to say thanks to my SS-I think it's Im4smiley? Just notice you're in turner falls so it might be you.

Thank you for the cool multi tool-Ian took one look at it and said "you may not see that in the morning...", the keychain!!! the peeps-I'm still trying to eat the ones Jennifer sent me!!! The socks..now i have a reason to buy a blue jersey...!!! The powergels will come in v handy this weekend at the 12hr.

Thanks again for taking the time to send it down this way!

Is MA Massachusetts?

c

yes it is me :) and yes MA is Massachusetts I am glad you are happy..enjoy

crazycanuck
12-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey Lisa-I normally send a bit extra as i'm sending it overseas & want to make it special. People don't get tim tams & other items from Western Australia everyday!

I try to limit the items but sometimes it's hard as i want to ensure someone out there appreciates the package!

c

margo49
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
It's a bit like ultrasound when you're pregnant. You sort of want to know and you sort of want to be surprised.
(What is the point of all that birth if you know what/who is coming?)

My Oct SS I still haven't figured but to know someone comes from a place called Silver Spring has enough of a "wow!" factor.When my Nov ss uforgot posted the picture of my wee prezzie I was just blown away. And my Aug ss re-sent a tea-pot that got broken in the post.
It is impossible to remain a-nony-mouse when you are the only one in your country. Right iFKA? CWR? But that is ok too because it has a certain cachet - pretty stamps, exotic things.
I like to tell people a bit about me and where I live. I think the "secret" is when you get her name and then when she gets your parcel. Then she opens it and thinks "Oh, so that's who she is" - again a bit like having a baby.

Total : $0.02

ClockworkOrange
12-05-2006, 02:49 AM
So after all the recent postings on this thread, I had forgotten about my SS gift.

Then this morning, the postman produces this rather big box. Let me just mention the WOW factor was at it's highest! My boyfriend was in another room and kept asking me what all the 'oooooing and ahhhhing was all for!

Everything was smashing but why is it always silly things that we love so much. One of the items was a tacky glitzy little snowstorm scene of Las Vegas but I genuinely love it, it really is so cute. My SS also popped in two chips from a casino in Las Vegas, one of these will now bring me good luck wherever I go!

My Christmas tree will look great when I hang my lovely pewter bike on it, so unusual.

The coolest thing I have seen that came all packed in it's own small tin was Mountain Bike Joe Bender, this awesome little figure that is magnetic, I have mine positioned so he is doing a wheelie.

I could not mention everything cos others might get a bit fed up with me going on, so I had to attach these pics, unfortunately I was unable to use PaintShop Pro, seems to be a problem, so I could not crop these pics:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Missbe/Snapdragen002.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Missbe/Snapdragen004.jpg

I knew my SS came from San Jose because of the Customs Declaration, so now I had to search Team Estrogen postings!

I think I have come up with the right person SNAPDRAGEN?

Just want to say the biggest thank you for all my lovely pressies, even the way everything was wrapped in the red and green tissue paper.

Sally .....goes off to hide cute Snowmen marshmallows. Yum! :D

PS You see for me the fascination is looking on the internet about where SS comes from, have now decided San Jose looks a very cool place to live

mtbdarby
12-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Sally, awesome package! The wheelie guy is cool.

I'm still trying to figure mine out. Mtkitchn or Runny Mom, is it either of you? I'm still trying to figure out what the peppermint fortune cookie soap is for and I need help. (yeah, I know I need help, but be gentle:p ).

mimitabby
12-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Oh Sally! I am so happy for you. Now just let me share your luck (crossing fingers)

snapdragen
12-05-2006, 07:21 AM
I think I have come up with the right person SNAPDRAGEN?

Busted! :D Glad you liked the box 'o stuff!

Aggie_Ama
12-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Here are my goodies all the way from NZ!

The yellow thing is a magic towel, I have yet to open it. I probably will today, I love those things. :p It has been to cold and too busy for me to enjoy a ride and use the other goodies. :(
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/AggieAma/56f606edab73.jpg

And here is my adorable Kiwi enjoying a spot on my tree.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/AggieAma/ffeeebdd2b14.jpg

uk elephant
12-09-2006, 05:05 AM
Thank you xrayted for all the goodies!! The blinkie lights are already being put to use on my daily commutes, even when I'm not riding in traffic. And the huge box of sour patch kids arrived today! A gigantic box of legal crack! Should keep me going for miles and miles! :D

Thank you!!!

Xrayted
12-09-2006, 06:09 AM
:D :D You are quite welcome Eli. I only figured out the candy. They are a personal favorite of mine as well. I like to smuggle them into the movies and have them with my popcorn. Great combination or sour, sweet, salty and buttery all in one mouthful. Mmmmm.
Your Auntie Trek helped me out with the blinkies. It's her you should thank. She cares for you very deeply and wanted to keep you as safe as possible. Hope they work out on your ALC6 ride coming up. Trek mentioned to get some that you can also easily clip to your tent so you can find it again in the dark. Right smart woman there. ;) I took a cue from Denise Goldberg and picked these out. Another right smart woman.

Glad you liked the packages. I had so much fun doing this and I ended up getting to know a few people better through it too. Bonus for me.

So... Thank you Eli!! :)

Cindy

laughlaugh18
12-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Woo hoo! Thanks Aggie Ama (right? - can't find anyone else from Liberty Hill, TX)! Another SS gift arrives at the end of a long and lousy week; how great that it came this week when I needed something to perk me up.

My SS package has all sorts of neat goodies (not good at the camera thing, sorry):

petite little tire levers - way smaller and better than the ones I have
a neat slim hard plastic wallet - fits perfectly in my bike bag
sport beans!!!!! - in berry and fruit punch
A "be kind to cyclists" bumper sticker
Texas Pralines - yum; I looovvve pralines;
A packet of local wildflowers seeds; and
a lovely note describing why she chose each item!!!!

I love everything. I have to admit that it will be a miracle if the pralines last the evening :D I'm house hunting right now so the wildflower seeds are getting tucked away to save for my new place (eventually . . . boy, house hunting is a drag). Everything else will get used with a big, big smile on my face,

What fun!!!!!!! Thanks again!!!!!!!

Cathy

Hub
12-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Now I can stop lurking thru this thread- my package went out last week &
should have had time to arrive!

Also, I need to puzzle out who sent me a great package- the coolest pink socks and an item that combines my love of fridge magnets/picture frames & cycling- a great frame- that will stick to the fridge made from bike chain!

How cool is that? Now I can't decide if I should put a picture of my 9 month old niece or my bike in the frame!!!! maybe the picture of the baby wearing the Live Strong hat?

light_sabe_r
12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
THANK-YOU secret sister... all the way from Missouri!!

Wow I got spoilt rotten!

I've had to HIDE the tool cause BF keeps using it. :P IT'S MINE!

Santa's on the tree. Only the DAY before the packackage arrived did I say "we need a bike on the tree" and then Voila!!!

The jelly beans have been eaten... by me. ^_^

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK YOU

worth the wait!

Aggie_Ama
12-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Woo hoo! Thanks Aggie Ama (right? - can't find anyone else from Liberty Hill, TX)! Another SS gift arrives at the end of a long and lousy week; how great that it came this week when I needed something to perk me up.

My SS package has all sorts of neat goodies (not good at the camera thing, sorry):

petite little tire levers - way smaller and better than the ones I have
a neat slim hard plastic wallet - fits perfectly in my bike bag
sport beans!!!!! - in berry and fruit punch
A "be kind to cyclists" bumper sticker
Texas Pralines - yum; I looovvve pralines;
A packet of local wildflowers seeds; and
a lovely note describing why she chose each item!!!!

I love everything. I have to admit that it will be a miracle if the pralines last the evening :D I'm house hunting right now so the wildflower seeds are getting tucked away to save for my new place (eventually . . . boy, house hunting is a drag). Everything else will get used with a big, big smile on my face,

What fun!!!!!!! Thanks again!!!!!!!

Cathy

You are correct! I hope it was worth the wait. Moving last month slowed me down, I wanted to make it very special. Glad it brightened your day. :D

Xrayted
12-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Ya know, I had kinda forgotten about the SS thing because I had way too much drama going on in my life lately. What a nice surprise! I got my package Saturday but wanted to take the time to find out who sent it before I posted. I'm thinking.... Hub??? Thanks for the great gifts dear. :) Last week was a nightmare at work and an ill friend had me worried on top of it, so this was especially good timing. I just love getting bike socks and I must say, these are very cute. I've started to wear all of mine to work over the winter to cheer myself up. (I'm not much of a winter person although BMo3 is persuading me to rethink my position on this. :cool: ) Everyday, one of the girls at the hospital comes over and lifts the pantleg of my scrubs to see what wacked out socks I have on. Now I've got a cute new pair to show her. I keep telling her, if she became a biker, she too could wear such good looking socks. :D Also, thanks for the lovely mugs and Godiva hot chocolate. Mmmmmm. I don't drink coffee so hot chocolate is my prefered hot beverage during the frigid winter months. I'm a tea drinker too but there's nothing like a smooth, chocolate jolt to the system.

So another thank you going out to your brother for getting you riding so that we may enjoy your company here on TE. Did ya ever recover from the Big Dam Bridge Ride? :p Also, how's the puppy coming along?

Well, off to start thinking about what to get my next SS for the January swap... My brain works slow so I need all the time I can get. :D

-X.

Hub
12-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that was me--I'm impressed that you remember so much stuff!
Kasey is doing fine- little Sassy fuzzy britches-she must weigh 3 & 1/2 pounds now!

I hav recovered somewhat from the bridge- but maybe not my sense! I rode across it again the day after Thanksgiving- it's pretty darn steep & there was a LOT of foot traffic- I kept having stop stuff everytime I got a little momentum- when I was close to the top- my cell phone range and I said Thank God! I have an excuse to stop and walk a minute!!

You know, I don't like to think of myself as a dummy, but it took me forever to
figure out your handle- X Ray ted- DUH on me . . . .

I'm really glad you enjoyed the gifts- I'm really sorry & a little embarassed that it took so long to get them to you.

I've actually been to Lancaster, (so close to Hershey!) once- gorgeous country up there- love the outlet malls & no tax on clothes!

and yes- props to Boo (or Pscyclepath) for getting me started- He took me to Arkansas Cycle where I purchased your socks- with the Razorbacks on them.

Now I can try to figure who sent my neat stuff from Cal-i-forney- was in BCIPam, Cali-gurl- Brandi- BikerChick? THere are many chicks from the West Coast . .HHHMMMM

Aggie_Ama
12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Hub- You may have to beg your SS to reveal herself. I can say it is none of the ones you listed. ;)

gobles
12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I just received my SS gift and WOW. Holly cow, you out did yourself. I LOVE everything you sent. I can not put into words how happy your wonderful box made me feal. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

margo49
12-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeeeowwww! All my adult life I have wanted a Sigg bottle. Now I have a really big one and it has this beautiful shades-of-blue bubbles graphic.
And the little medallion is soooooooo appropriate you have no idea. (I looked it up over at Wikpedia and as well as liking what I read it reinforced my theory that all the really important things you can find in any of the religions)
I scoffed 2 of the bars and the rest I am saving to be eaten more ceremoniously - we ain't got *nothing* like this here!
Btw, I did appreciate the blue-and-white ribbons
That is so nice here in the ss thingy - how sisters put such thought into it in big and little ways.
How do you discover who your ss is if you only have their name? At least this Seattle one wrote her actual name in a legible hand - unlike last month's tricky Maryland one.

Quillfred
12-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Thank you SS! Today a truck delivered my goodies. I received a Blackburn CO2 cartridge thingie and a bottle holder.

How did you know I hadn't a cartridge delivery system? It has me very intrigued.

Now I am also having a hard time figuring out how my Nov SS is but she lives in MN. Pyxichick is it you??? I tried via our TE map but it seems harder to find people as they are updating the system.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Quillfred

pyxichick
12-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Good guess Quillfred!

I'm glad it was something you didn't already have.

Happy holidays!

kate :)

Hub
12-18-2006, 06:15 AM
I've done a little more sleuthing ( I kept the packaging & looked)-- JuJu!

Bikingmomof3
12-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Thank you for the wonderful gifts!! I am happy to report that everything made it safely-there must have been a postal mishap, at which point it was not looking good for the contents, but amazingly everything survived. :)

You must have researched me a lot. The bookmark is lovely-it would make an awesome painting. :) Italian coffee, that I plan to try yet today. :) I adore L'Occitane products, yet never splurge and buy them for myself, so thank you! :cool: Sniff, what is there not to like about Sniffs? WOW the ornament-WOW. I would photograph it, but alas it is raining here and the photo would not capture it's true beauty. I cannot even imagine painting any ornament, let alone painting a glass ornament from the inside! Thank you so very, very much. :D This ornament will be handed down through the generations. :cool:

mountainpuddles
12-26-2006, 06:20 PM
I am so glad you finally received your package. I sent it out over three weeks ago and figured I will check in later if you didn't receive it. I am glad you enjoy everything. I thought of your poor hands that need some TLC in the cold winter over there. Something to warm your belly and a bookmark for those days you need to read. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!