PDA

View Full Version : Louis Garneau tights

Barb
04-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I need some pants/tights to wear over my shorts for early morning (cooler rides). I was looking at Louis Garneau and the Gill Ventilater Pants. Any input?

Veronica
04-23-2004, 06:41 AM
I didn't like the feel of tights over shorts - too much material in the crotch area for me. I use knee warmers or leg warmers instead. I also bought a pair of padded tights for my late afternoon winter rides.

Veronica

pedalfaster
04-23-2004, 06:46 AM
The longer I ride, the more I wear my tights...for running.

I've discovered that I much prefer knee-warmers or leg-warmers for those spring/fall rides that start out chilly and warm up later in the day. Warmers can be removed easily, rolled up and tucked in a jersey pocket. I have several brands of various weights; Castelli is my favorite.

In the winter, I wear full-on wind-front and fleece "tights" that are really more like pants. I'm a cold-weenie! :p

As far as brands go, I've been happy with every piece of Louis Garneau clothing (shorts and jerseys) that I've owned.

bentforlife
04-23-2004, 08:53 AM
to tights and Lycra shorts for me anyways. At least that's what my daughter says.:D To be honest I guess I'm very uncomfortable with form fitting clothes right now. Maybe after I lose a little more weight.

Since I ride a recumbent my problems with clothing are a little different. No crotch problems, nice comfy seat. However bees, wasps, June bugs up the shorts are a little disconcerting! I finally found some woman specific recumbent shorts and jerseys at Hostelshoppe.com. They have shock cord I can tighten up to keep out the bugs!! I also plan to add a fairing to the bike in 2-3 months. No more bug problems after that.

If you want to see what my big ole bent looks like go to Rans.com

It's the Stratus. Great riding bike!!:D

Have a great weekend. Donna

ausgirl
04-28-2004, 05:18 PM
I don't know how cold you're talking about. What I use though in winter are a pair of 100% lycra dance tights. They don't breathe much when compared with cotton, so less of the cold wind gets through and you stay warmer. They are thin, so when you are layering clothes there is less bulk all up. Also they are cheap - i bought them from a local dance boutique for about $30 Australian, which would be less than US$20.