PDA

View Full Version : rain - what do you wear?

btchance
11-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey girls, I'm doing my 1/2 mary Saturday, and unfortunately there is a strong chance of rain that morning with temps in the upper 40s, low 50s. Do you have any quick and easy ideas to help deal with this. I have one jacket that would help, but it just gets so hot that I don't know that it's the best option.

Thanks!!

rocknrollgirl
11-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I have done several races in the rain, and once you get going, you kind of warm up, well at least I did. I wore running shorts and a fitted long sleeved wicking shirt, and a baseball hat to keep it out of my face.

If you select a long sleeved shirt, make sure it is fitted, otherwise it will grow when it gets wet. I would think any type of waterproof jacket would be out of the question. It is going to get pretty warm with that on for 13.1 miles.

Good Luck

Ruth

spokewench
11-09-2006, 12:18 PM
But, when it is that kind of temperature, on the bike, it helps if you put petroleum jelly on your legs and arms to keep the water off and the heat in.

Tri Girl
11-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey BT, have a great race this weekend!!!! :)

I would wind up wearing what Ruth said. Shorts and a long sleeve wicking over a tank. I always warm up (even in cold rain), so I'd probably wind up shedding the long sleeve halfway through.

Have fun, and we want DETAILS when you finish!

kaybee
11-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Hope you have a great race Saturday. Be sure to post a report. Take this for what it's worth, because I get hot quickly, but I would also wear a wicking long-sleeved shirt, but with nothing else underneath and shorts, not tights. Don't forget your gloves! You really don't want those hands to get cold and wet. (My hands are the only parts that ever get cold.)

KB

Bikingmomof3
11-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Have a wonderful race!

btchance
11-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm going to go through my closet and get it figured out now. I'll let you know how it goes!