PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous pony-tailed rider, you are my HERO!

trickytiger
11-07-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't know if you folks heard, but we're getting quite the precip lately in Seattle- to the point that there are RECORD amounts of flooding. As in 50+ years of record!

So, sitting in my vanpool commute group yesterday during the deluge, I spotted a lone, pony-tailed rider pedaling VERY carefully along the bike trail.

Now THAT is dedication. 6 inches of rain in one day, and she's still riding home from work, in the dark no less.

CyclChyk
11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
I have a new hero.......

lph
11-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Way to go! :)

LisaB
11-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't know if you folks heard, but we're getting quite the precip lately in Seattle- to the point that there are RECORD amounts of flooding. As in 50+ years of record!

So, sitting in my vanpool commute group yesterday during the deluge, I spotted a lone, pony-tailed rider pedaling VERY carefully along the bike trail.

Now THAT is dedication. 6 inches of rain in one day, and she's still riding home from work, in the dark no less.

Pshaw, t'aint nuthin. :) After the first 3 minutes this morning (and Tuesday ... Monday ... Friday ... Thursday) I was so soaked that who cares about the rain - it's fun!

bikerHen
11-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Yea! I know what you're saying about the rain! We aren't getting the record flooding over here on the dry side, but . . . the darn rain keeps turning into slush. :eek: I'm not brave enough to ride in that! :D bikerHen