PDA

View Full Version : peddled to the polls...

rocknrollgirl
11-07-2006, 07:13 AM
I biked over to the polls to vote, took the long way home and had a nice ride.
I thought the people running the show were going to drop dead when I rolled up on my bike. We are not a bike friendly town. I am making a statement in more ways than one...

Rock On!!!!

Ruth

RoadRaven
11-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Keep surprising people, Ruth

It's such an easy way to contribute to the Earth, and role-modelling to others is a great way to make changes... who knows, maybe 'they' all talked about it to others who came to vote, to their friends, acquaintances and partners... maybe through talking/listening some think 'hmmm, maybe I could do that'...

Who knows, you may have triggered a revolution...

wannaduacentury
11-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Great idea! Glad you got folks humming like bees. If you were where I was today, your ride would've been a wet one, but non-the-less enjoyable w/ rain gear. Jennifer

mtkitchn
11-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I got about 30 miles in and then rode to the polling place (all of a half mile or so from my house). I was certainly the only one on a bike and there was no bike rack, so they let me put the bike inside. The fellow who took my name and ID told me he envied me being out exercising and it was his opinion that everyone who voted should have to ride a bike. It made me smile.

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I biked to go vote this morning too. It was only a mile round trip though, so it wasn't a big ordeal. :cool:

spokewench
11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
The TE girls rock when it comes to voting and biking -

Bad JuJu
11-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I biked to the polling place in a light drizzle. Boy, do I ever feel virtuous!

Veronica
11-07-2006, 02:25 PM
What were you selling at the polls? :D

V.

rocknrollgirl
11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Anarchy my friend.....a revolution in transportation. A utopian world where a bike path exists alongside every paved road so that people can easliy bike to work.

that is what I peddled at the polls....

Veronica
11-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Good answer. :p I'm glad you pedaled to the polls to peddle your revolutionary petals of wisdom.

V.

guanajagirl
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I biked to the polls this morning too! it was only a couple blocks away <small town> and then i headed off on my morning ride.:)

Kathi
11-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I voted absentee, thank goodness, no long lines, my partner biked my ballot to the drop off spot.

I did get an hour ride in this afternoon, beautiful day, 75 degrees with a light wind.

ima_bleeder
11-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Oregon is all mail-in, so I dropped mine off at a box several days ago. But both DH and I have been biking all over town recently, and it's been raining enough to make homes float away ... so we've both been getting looks too.

But I have to admit my town is a huge bike-friendly town. I see every kind of bike imaginable pass by my office window in the mornings, and I love it! Not so many rolling by in this poor weather, but even a fair-weather bike commuter is better than a year-round driver.

Trek420
11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I rode to the polls, an epic brutal 4 blocks....round trip!

Even a short ride in my neighborhood at night was fun. A beautiful night out, balmy and I think the poll workers got a kick out of the gal with helmet, back pack and Craft neon green jacket....they gave me extra "I voted" stickers. :p

Now the first stickers on my new lid are "I voted". Maybe tomorrow I'll go to Emil Villas for free pie (get a slice when you vote).

twin
11-07-2006, 07:53 PM
I biked to the polls after school and put my sticker on my panniers.:)

MomOnBike
11-08-2006, 12:52 PM
We didn't ride to the polls. We quite literally walked across the street. :)

I did notice a bike locked to the railing in front of the school, so someone rode in - just not us.

rocknrollgirl
11-08-2006, 01:33 PM
sorry did not catch the grammatical error until it was too late...blame it on low blood sugar...I was prepping for a medical procedure and could not eat for almost two days...

ruth