PDA

View Full Version : D.C. Mtb-ing

7rider
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Okay.
Complete and clean break from the SE forum!
<< ahem >> (clearing throat)
Where were we??

DivingBiker - curious about riding Fairland. Since it's a mere hop-skip-and jump from our house, vs. Schaeffer and other spots, I'm curious what it's like. You've been there. Please tell! :p

divingbiker
11-05-2006, 04:42 PM
...curious about riding Fairland. Since it's a mere hop-skip-and jump from our house, vs. Schaeffer and other spots, I'm curious what it's like. You've been there. Please tell! :p

I like Fairland, but the trail is very poorly marked, especially compared to Schaeffer. I have to depend on my neighbor to navigate because I'd never find my way out. There are only a couple of loops, and it seems like it's a little hillier than Schaeffer. But it's not hard--my neighbor's 10 year old son rides it, though he complains on the uphills and loves speeding down the downhills. It's all in the woods; there's none of the wide-open cornfield trails like at Schaeffer. I don't recall that there are very many logs to jump, which is fine with me at this stage of my mtb career.

Maybe sometime when I go with my neighbors we can meet you there so you, too, can be led around by the nose like I always am. :) They're very patient.

7rider
11-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I like Fairland, but the trail is very poorly marked, especially compared to Schaeffer. I have to depend on my neighbor to navigate because I'd never find my way out. There are only a couple of loops, and it seems like it's a little hillier than Schaeffer. But it's not hard--my neighbor's 10 year old son rides it, though he complains on the uphills and loves speeding down the downhills. It's all in the woods; there's none of the wide-open cornfield trails like at Schaeffer. I don't recall that there are very many logs to jump, which is fine with me at this stage of my mtb career.

Maybe sometime when I go with my neighbors we can meet you there so you, too, can be led around by the nose like I always am. :) They're very patient.

Great! I need patient mtb partners!! :p
Unfortunately, it's looking like I won't be on a bike for a while. My back issue is, my chiro feels, bike and computer caused and recommends I stay off my bike for a while. He said he had the exact same symptoms from riding and it took him 3.5 months to get better!! :eek: :eek: :eek: