PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Denver

vinyl
11-03-2006, 03:30 AM
I've just accepted a position in Denver and will be moving at the end of November (it's coming up fast!). Can anyone recommend any relatively safe, potentially fun areas to look for a place to live? I will be travelling with a dog and 2 cats, so ideally I'm looking with a place that has a yard for the dog. I will be working downtown.

Thanks,

-vinyl.

IFjane
11-03-2006, 05:56 AM
Hi Vinyl! My son lives in Denver. He has a loft apartment at 2200 Market St. beside Coors Field. He loves the neighborhood. It's within walking distance of the 16th St. Mall, etc. I don't know what their policy is about pets but there are so many pets in Denver that I am sure there are plenty of places that will take them.

Great city for cycling - hit the Cherry Creek bike path as soon as you can, plus Wash Park. Great fun!

Kathi
11-03-2006, 06:28 AM
Hi Vinyl,

I moved here 2 years ago and had the same concerns. I don't know where you are moving from but housing is considered expensive here.

Do you want a house or apt.? I live in S. Lakewood, close to the Bear Creek bike trail, close to C-470 and I-70, easy access to the mtns, 15 minutes to downtown (non rush hour). Also, commutable by bike. Most houses are older 70 ish and often fenced but also less expensive. There are also condos and apts.

Lots of dogs and cats in the neighborhood but they are kept inside. We also have coyote and fox and they consider cats and small dogs a nice dessert.

I can refer you to a good realtor if you're looking for a house or condo to buy.