PDA

View Full Version : Help! I have BIKE LUST!

Aggie_Ama
11-03-2006, 12:04 AM
I just got a promotion at work and now I want a new bike. Too bad we just bought a house. *Maybe* after the first of the year when DH gets his review (and raise!).

I saw this beauty (http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/07/cusa/jfw/road/model-7RWR2D.html)last time I was at the LBS. DH has the 2005 mens version and I just drool over it. It is aluminum, which isn't my ultimate lust, but it is the price I want to spend. It was $1900-2000. Of course I would have to add pedals and change the saddle- I am not comfortable with no cut out! You can't see the gorgeous dragonfly paint job on here and the color looks so much better in person. I am all about girly and proud of it!

I have not test rode the bike for the simple reason that I might cry if I like it. I can't help it, I have never been a patient gal. :D

MUST_NOT_TAKE_CREDIT_CARD_TO_THE_BIKE_SHOP!:rolleyes:

Mimosa
11-03-2006, 02:02 AM
It certainly is a nice looking bike.

Good luck with keeping the hands of your wallet :p

I only have to be patient for another 1,5 months before I will allow myself to go to the LBS get a bike fitting and order the bike. But it is taking *ALL* my willpower to not order it sooner.:( :o ;) But I need my 'end of the year' bonus to get the money to pay for it without going bankrupt :D

CyclChyk
11-03-2006, 03:20 AM
She's a beaut! I love the detail work on the frame. Very nice.

Ahhhh you only live once. Why leave your money for inheritance purposes?? I say go for it ;) Besides, its the american way to be in debt :D

Aggie_Ama
11-03-2006, 03:47 AM
She's a beaut! I love the detail work on the frame. Very nice.

Ahhhh you only live once. Why leave your money for inheritance purposes?? I say go for it ;) Besides, its the american way to be in debt :D

Shhhh... I don't need encouragement. I am so tempted to go test ride and see if I like it. :p

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-03-2006, 04:25 AM
There is only one cure.

ladyfish
11-03-2006, 05:06 AM
You will be assimilated!

Good luck on saving for the bike. Maybe you can put it on layaway??? I don't know if the shop does that? That way you know you have it coming as soon as it's paid for?

Good luck!

Susan126
11-03-2006, 05:36 AM
I too have bike lust, but I have to wait until my two kids graduate college. Son has one year to go and daughter two! DH and I have discussed this often. As soon as they are on their own we are rewarding ourselves with new bikes!

Your bike Aggie is a beaut! Sue :)

Bad JuJu
11-03-2006, 05:56 AM
You mean you haven't even given it a test-ride yet? Wow, you DO have willpower! Go on--take her for a spin--just be sure to leave your wallet at home.

And as ladyfish suggested, you should ask if they'll put her on layaway for you. My LBS does that and it's a pretty small shop, so maybe it's something they do in general.

That IS one gorgeous frame--I love the green and the beautiful details. Mmmm..... I don't know HOW you're holding yourself back.:confused:

Geonz
11-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Devil's advocate here: Or, don't go for a test ride and convince yourself that it is beautiful but won't fit :) Keep the wallet safe... if you just bought a house you're going to have to figure out just how crazy you can and can't be with impulses. (How would you feel in January if this thing is on that credit card bill?)

Offthegrid
11-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Just ask yourself, "What would Dave Ramsey do?"

I'm getting anxious to have a tri bike, but it would be absolutely ridiculous to have three bikes in a 1 BR, second-floor apartment.

Haudlady
11-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Did you really think we would HELP you with this?!? :p

:D I have this bike in the 2006 model... I LOVE MY BIKE!!! :D

(Putting on my Credit Counseling hat, now...) Just ask yourself: Is it a want or a need?
Will this purchase help me reach my financial goals?
Can I really afford it?
If I buy it on my credit card, can I pay it off this month?
(sorry... I had to do it.:rolleyes: Removing CC hat, now...)

Woo Hoo! It sure is pretty! Good luck with the decision! :) Congrats on the promotion! :cool:

CyclChyk
11-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Oh Aggie! Take her for a spin!!! And take your wallet with you! I am sure it would love to feel the speed as you zoom down the road for your "test of willpower".......

I mean, you might end up hating it, right??? <evilgrin> (I am the devil on your shoulder saying GO FOR IT! Never been called an angel in my LIFE.)

KnottedYet
11-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Do it.... do it....

I found the love of my life when I wasn't even looking for her, and knew I couldn't afford her. And I don't regret it a bit.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m21/KnottedYet/DSCN0224.jpg

Aggie_Ama
11-03-2006, 07:22 PM
DH is not budging on taking me to the bike shop, good man. Oh, how I want to see her and take her for a spin. Maybe I can tell my parents to not spend the ridiculous amount they like to spend on Christmas and just pay a nice chunk towards my bike. Please, please, please MOM!!

I am almost 26 and begging my mom for a new bike. Shakes head. What is cycling doing to me?

I forgot to mention I am getting a bonus in a couple weeks. It is almost 1/4 of her purchase price. Should I spend it decorating my new guest bath or plunk it down on a new bike? Is there really a choice?

I knew I wouldn't find much will power help here!! And that is why I posted the bike. :D

CyclChyk
11-04-2006, 04:35 AM
I found the love of my life when I wasn't even looking for her, and knew I couldn't afford her. And I don't regret it a bit.

Being able to afford your dream bike is supposed to be a consideration?? Geezz, I'd never have Cielo if that were the case......:rolleyes:

Aggie_Ama
11-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Did you really think we would HELP you with this?!? :p

:D I have this bike in the 2006 model... I LOVE MY BIKE!!! :D

I was in love with the 2006 model, then I saw the green while patiently waiting for the green light on the 2006 (my shop still has a couple). The blue is gorgeous, the green is just different. If they would make me a good deal on the blue one since it is 2006, I would buy it. They are both so purty! :D

How do you like the saddle? I am_really_hesistant about no cutout. :confused:

CyclChyk
11-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Oh heck Aggie - whats another $100 when it comes to your baby?? BUY a saddle with a cutout!! (Thats what I did :eek: )

Aggie_Ama
11-13-2006, 05:11 AM
I think I am test riding next weekend. :D DH has decided I deserve the next new bike since his road bike was the last one purchased. He also said I should test ride so people can give me the right bike shop gift cards. He is putting off getting a new mountain bike so I can have a good road bike, what a guy! We are done buying things for our new house, I just have to wait for my bonus from work and Christmas. If I like it I might be getting it in January, latest February.:D :D The bike shop does do a layaway program, might have to ask about that. They also do inhouse financing with no interest if you pay half. After my bonus we will have half, I just need to determine what their fine print on that is.

paigette
11-13-2006, 05:24 AM
I am almost 26 and begging my mom for a new bike. Shakes head. What is cycling doing to me?

My DAD & I work in teams:

I send pictures of bike stuff/order info to my dad.......he sends pictures of fishing stuff/order info to me. This way, when my mother (who always brings me to shop for dad & vice versa) goes shopping, we don't have to worry about getting stuff we don't need. If we EVER flat out tell my mother "I want bike stuff" or "I want fishing stuff"; she rolls her eyes at us:D