PDA

View Full Version : Yup... OT. Word for the Day

Haudlady
11-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello! I'm just sharing my word for the day:

Creative

I made myself a little deck of word cards... they are all things that I would like to encourage and notice in myself. Now that I've pulled this one, I will notice this aspect of myself and be proud of it. (I know, it's a little corny... but it's fun! It works too - if you look for good things you will find them!) :)

I have about 45 words in my deck (relaxed, credible, gentle, motivated, brave, aspiring, hardy...) so far.

Does anybody else do something like this? -or- Does anybody have a good word/quality that I should add to my deck?

Kimmyt
11-02-2006, 11:59 AM
That's pretty cool actually!

Here's one you should add if you don't have it already: Observant.

It upsets me how people tend to rush through life without paying attention to what surrounds them. Take a minute during the day and just observe your surroundings, the people around you. You will see some amazing things (about your surroundings and people as well) that you might not have noticed before.

Bikingmomof3
11-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I like it!

How about adding the word, persistent, if you do not already have it?

Squeaky
11-02-2006, 12:25 PM
What an interesting idea. I'm thinking I'll schedule a different word each day as a reminder in MS Outlook, and have them to recur every 30-45 days. Relaxed will be a good one while I'm at work :D .

Haudlady
11-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Observant, persistent... I like them! Thanks - I'll add them in. Kimmy - your post reminds me that I should add "breathe." When I am consious of my breathing, I find myself more relaxed and "present."

Any other ideas out there?

By the way, my word this morning is:

capable

texascyclist
11-03-2006, 07:18 AM
What an excellent way to start each day Haudlady. Here's another word definetly worth adding....Appreciate. My mom drove that word into my head as a teenager and it has always stuck with me. Which makes me think of another great word.....Grateful.:)

LBTC
11-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I love this! Some of mine would be:

compassionate
goofy
graceful
laughing
playful
confident
commited
respectful
loving
kissy
open-minded

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

Veronica
11-03-2006, 05:08 PM
A neat idea to do with my class. Although I think I'll leave out kissy. :D

V.

latelatebloomer
11-04-2006, 04:04 AM
inspiring
funny (someone used to say to me, if you can't be inspiring, be funny, it's a close second!:p)
earthy
generous
wise
open

great idea!

bikerchick68
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
very cool! another word I'd add is:

HAPPY :)

Popoki_Nui
11-05-2006, 08:38 PM
How about BEAUTIFUL? :)

Haudlady
11-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Wow, these suggestions are great! My deck has gotten pretty big... at this rate I will have to pull two each day to have any hope of seeing all of them!

(And "beautiful" is a great one to add... like I said before; if you look for something, you will find it! Also - my bike has Chinese characters on it that say "Beautiful Woman." How nice!:cool: )

Today, my word is:

Devoted

Thanks everybody for the help!

Bikingmomof3
11-07-2006, 05:30 AM
An excellent word for today.