PDA

View Full Version : WSD Cannondale Carbon Synapse Review

Kallisti
10-30-2006, 06:38 AM
I've been Demo'ing this bike, I've just put up a review here:

http://www.aidslifecycle.org/1713

Nice bike all around, but I prefer a race geometry, which is why I'd like to try the System Six. But it bothers me that Cannondale doesn't make a WSD System Six. When I asked a rep why, he said that not enough women like a race geometry bike. I think that's absolute nonsense, but I could be wrong.
Opinions?

Eden
10-30-2006, 07:17 AM
They will learn - just last year Specialized seemed to think that making a women's bike with top end components (full DA) was a risky manoever. They sold very, very well. I had a h*ll of a time getting a hold of one. Granted I needed a 44 and they only made 11 of them in this size!- yeah they were still nervous about whether or not they could sell these bikes. This year they've made it even more comperable to their high end men's bike and lots of other manufacturers are offering high end carbon designed for women and in smaller sizes too. Last year the Ruby was the only high end bike I could actually fit on without going custom....

Now that the manufacturers have recognized that there is a market out there for high end women's bikes - even Pinarello is offering a 43(2?)cm frame this year, give them a little while to figure out that not all women want a relaxed geometry. They'll get it. I do guess that because of my size I'll never really have much drop. Even on my TT bike, which does have 650 wheels, its just not really possible to get the seat very much higher than the handle bars.

Artisan
10-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm a little disappointed about that too. I'll be trying out some of their bikes this weekend at a race that their demo truck will be at. I'm really interested in the six13 and the system six. I bought the the WSD Rush and was really happy with the fit. I had decided the next road bike I'd get would be WSD but it looks like to get the racing bike I want I'll have to make modifications or look at something else.