PDA

View Full Version : fluid trainer

violette
10-30-2006, 06:12 AM
I'm new to Road biking and am looking for a Fluid trainer. I live in Canada and they are pretty expensive. The Cyclops 2 fluid and Kurt Kenetic go for about $400.

If anyone is interested in getting one of their hands, send me an e-mail. The only thing I would be worried about would be the shipping.

Thanks

aicabsolut
10-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I bought the Cycleops Fluid2 online and got a good deal.

Also, check your local shops now, because some Cycleops dealers are doing a sale right now where they throw in the block, mat, and sweat thong for free. (Still not real cheap but some options..)

makbike
10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Does your local bike club offer an online forum? If so, check in on a regular basis to see if someone is interested in selling their trainer. You might also post a message there stating you are looking for a trainer.

Last year about this time, a fellow cyclists posted on our local forum a Cyclop2 Fluid Trainer, $150 - I jumped on that baby and brought home a practically new trainer. It was one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. I certainly got my money's worth out of it last winter. I've once again hooked my "little blue bike" to it this year and have started riding the mindless and endless indoor miles in an attempt to stay in shape. I love winter but I'm already looking forward to warm weather and riding outside again - I miss the road!

tygab
10-30-2006, 06:42 PM
I just picked up a fluid2, not on sale but it's going to be well worth it I can tell. Rides real nice, can shift just like I am outside and I know it will be one more piece of staying motivated in the off season.

My husband is now looking for one so if anyone spots any deals, let us know.