PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of Being a Woman

CyclChyk
10-27-2006, 05:26 PM
1. We got off the Titanic first.

2. We get to flirt with systems support men who always return our calls, and are nice to us when we blow up our computers.

3. Our boyfriend's clothes make us look elfin & gorgeous. Guys look like complete idiots in ours.

4. We can be groupies. Male groupies are stalkers.

5. We can cry and get off speeding fines.

6. We've never lusted after a cartoon character or the central female figure in a computer game.

7. Taxis stop for us.

8. Men die earlier, so we get to cash in on the life insurance.

9. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.

10. Free drinks, Free dinners, Free movies ... (you get the point).

11. We can hug our friends without wondering if she thinks we're gay.

12. We can hug our friends without wondering if WE'RE gay.

13. New lipstick gives us a whole new lease on life.

14. It's possible to live our whole lives without ever taking a group shower.

15. We don't have to fart to amuse ourselves.

16. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.

17. We can congratulate our team-mate without ever touching her butt.

18. If we have a zit, we know how to conceal it.

19. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.

20. If we're dumb, some people will find it cute.

21. We don't have to memorize Caddyshack or Fletch to fit in.

22. We have the ability to dress ourselves.

23. We can talk to people of the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.

24. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we're aware that we look like an idiot.

25. Our friends won't think we're weird if we ask whether there's spinach in our teeth.

26. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.

27. We can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.

28. We have enough sense to realize that the easiest way to get out of being lost is to ask for directions.

Kitsune06
10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I hate to admit it, but I fail 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 23, and 27. *sniff*

CyclChyk
10-28-2006, 06:13 PM
well since we are being honest, I fail at 7 & 13 & #15 really does amuse me. Altho it drives my DH nuts when I do it.......not ladylike ya know?

Kitsune06
10-28-2006, 07:08 PM
ok, 15 amuses me, too. :o

Bikingmomof3
10-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Ah, I not only have Fletch memorized, I can also recite Fletch Lives. :o

HipGnosis6
10-29-2006, 01:25 AM
I failed at #3 with the most recent ex. Why? His clothes didn't fit me because I'm three inches taller than him and outweigh him by fifty pounds. He was the first boyfriend with which I did NOT fail at #10.

And I fail at #11, too. Just because I'm an Amazon and generally have short hair.... ugh. I hate having gal friends start acting all sketchy around me because they get it into their heads that I might be gay. Seriously, when I bring you flowers then you can worry about it.

#21.... Caddyshack and Fletch, not so much, but even the ladies in my social circle are expected to know the followup line for anything Monty Python ever did.

doc
10-29-2006, 02:46 AM
I hate to admit it, but I fail 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 23, and 27. *sniff*

I don't think you fail 11 and 12 if you are gay. Because you're still not wondering!! More importantly, you and your friend are not worrying!!

I just don't know women who worry about friends being gay. Who cares? Men on the other hand...

mimitabby
10-29-2006, 03:34 AM
sorry, can't do 13, 20... and 16 ? need a shave?? is my beard that obvious?
what's to shave?!

CyclChyk
10-29-2006, 06:14 AM
Ok so I admit that even tho I am not gay I have imagined a chick or two sans clothing........ but thats becuase I fully appreciate the female bod and its finest. And I did have a gay friend who tried to put the moves on me. Not sure it she wasn't my type or I am definately not gay or all of the above.

mimitabby
10-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Ok so I admit that even tho I am not gay I have imagined a chick or two sans clothing........ but thats becuase I fully appreciate the female bod and its finest. And I did have a gay friend who tried to put the moves on me. Not sure it she wasn't my type or I am definately not gay or all of the above.

Cyclchyk
it says "WITHOUT HAVING TO" implying that some people just do it ALL the time.
(Gosh, so much energy!)

Cali Sunshine
10-29-2006, 09:26 AM
sorry, can't do 13, 20... and 16 ? need a shave?? is my beard that obvious?
what's to shave?!

uhh i think they mean legs. and some women do have visible facial hair.

DebW
10-29-2006, 09:39 AM
I think the only ones I can do are #7 (replace taxi with hitch - male hikers always look for a female to hitch with or it takes forever to get a ride), #16 (never shave anything anyway). I'd be a loser at #26, #27 and #28. I would consider #2, #5 and #20 immoral.

Deborajen
10-29-2006, 12:28 PM
I would consider #2, #5 and #20 immoral.

Me too. I fix the men's computers at work, and our "manager" gets paid three times what I do and he basically hands out to-do lists and tells me I need to "learn to let him know when I need his help" - he's here to help, he'd be glad to help, but I'd have to "teach" him.--

Men may have physical advantages but that's where it ends. Women aren't automatically dumb or helpless, and those insinuations just aren't right.

Deb

CyclChyk
10-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Sorry but I have to interject again - if crying or playing "dumb" gets something done to my favor, then count me in. Quite frankly I am impressed with myself if I can pull it off - I'm a terrible actress......:cool:

doc
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM

Me too.
Deb

I'm confused.

How is actually being dumb immoral? (#20)
Why is flirting (#2) immoral? If you're nice to the tech guy, and he's nice back, exactly where have we created a problem? Is being terse and unfriendly more moral?
And why is it immoral to get a free dinner when a man invites you out to dinner? When a person invites another out for a "date" it is generally assumed - ask miss manners - that the asker will be paying for the askee. There is no assumption of purchasing sex; merely the dinner that was offered. Not immoral in my book.

Kitsune06
10-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Re: the dinner thing, I'm thinking it's assuming you do it *just* for the dinner, not because you're genuinely interested in the guy. (i.e. joe bob who you detest asks you out to dinner to some really nice place. You accept the free dinner, don't say much if anything to him, and never call him again. Immoral.)

Stupidity should be painful. Guys don't get away with that sh*t with me and girls certainly don't.

Any chick who cries to get out of a ticket... ugh.

DebW
10-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm confused.

Why is flirting (#2) immoral? If you're nice to the tech guy, and he's nice back, exactly where have we created a problem? Is being terse and unfriendly more moral?
And why is it immoral to get a free dinner when a man invites you out to dinner? When a person invites another out for a "date" it is generally assumed - ask miss manners - that the asker will be paying for the askee. There is no assumption of purchasing sex; merely the dinner that was offered. Not immoral in my book.

Because I would consider something immoral, I wouldn't do it. Doesn't mean I think everyone should have the same opinion or do exactly what I do or don't do. Nothing wrong with someone being genuinely dumb or uninformed on a subject, I just hate it when TV and popular culture seems to glorify dumbness or consider being dumb the equivalent of being funny. That one just hit a pet peeve of mine, though I may have misinterpreted it. I have nothing against an agreed-upon date, and that did not appear on my list. I wouldn't consider flirting immoral if one is genuinely interested in the person one is flirting with. But flirting with a different motive would rub me the wrong way.

Bluetree
10-29-2006, 04:24 PM
1. We got off the Titanic first.
I always thoughtt it was the rich who got to the boats first... the poor in the lower decks were left to their fate.

2. We get to flirt with systems support men who always return our calls, and are nice to us when we blow up our computers.
I've never had a support guy return my calls. I usually have to wait on hold forever and then try to get past a guy with a thick Indian accent.

3. Our boyfriend's clothes make us look elfin & gorgeous. Guys look like complete idiots in ours.
I tried that once because I heard men think it sexy. I put on the BF's dress shirt and the sleeves went past my knees. Sexy? He couldn't stop laughing.

4. We can be groupies. Male groupies are stalkers.
Being a groupie sounds almost as bad.

5. We can cry and get off speeding fines.
Never.

6. We've never lusted after a cartoon character or the central female figure in a computer game.
True, but I did think Racer X was pretty hot. Almost. Er....

7. Taxis stop for us.
Never had to flag one down, wouldn't know...

8. Men die earlier, so we get to cash in on the life insurance.
That is sad...

9. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
You haven't seen me dance.

10. Free drinks, Free dinners, Free movies ... (you get the point).
Guys appreciate it when you pick up the check, or at the very least, offer to do so. It's only fair.

11. We can hug our friends without wondering if she thinks we're gay.
I'm not a casual hugger. Besides, does anyone really care anymore?

12. We can hug our friends without wondering if WE'RE gay.
See 11.

13. New lipstick gives us a whole new lease on life.
I don't get this one...

14. It's possible to live our whole lives without ever taking a group shower.
Not sure I get this one, either.

15. We don't have to fart to amuse ourselves.
So very true. Although, sometimes it is pretty darn funny!

16. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
BF knows. He once told me he knew he was going to "get some" when he notices my legs are freshly shaved.

17. We can congratulate our team-mate without ever touching her butt.
I don't know too many guys who do that

18. If we have a zit, we know how to conceal it.
Tell me how!

19. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
Where would they go?

20. If we're dumb, some people will find it cute.
Dumbness is never cute.

21. We don't have to memorize Caddyshack or Fletch to fit in.
Yeah, but I know all the words to Blazing Saddles and Spinal Tap.

22. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
And boy, does my bank account feel it!

23. We can talk to people of the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
Most of the time.

24. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we're aware that we look like an idiot.
Or very, very lucky

25. Our friends won't think we're weird if we ask whether there's spinach in our teeth.
Why would anyone think it weird?

26. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
I'm an oddity-- I don't like chocolate.

27. We can fully assess a person just by looking at their shoes.
I have about 50 pairs. Does that make me a multiple personality?

28. We have enough sense to realize that the easiest way to get out of being lost is to ask for directions.
Men love the navigation systems!

latelatebloomer
10-29-2006, 05:36 PM
I didn't make it past #6. Johnny Quest. He made me feel things I didn't understand....

Deborajen
10-29-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm confused.

No, "actually being dumb" isn't immoral. Neither is flirting -- Well, there are limits. And I didn't say - or suggest - there was anything wrong with free dinner on a date.

"Acting dumb" is never cute in my opinion. Why would it be considered "cute" for women and not for men? That's just plain degrading to women.

Being friendly and professional isn't my idea of flirting. However, "getting" to be sexy with a tech guy on the phone so he'll be all nice to me and fix my computer isn't my idea of moral, but in addition to that, at my office, I'm the one who fixes the computers, not the men. Women aren't always the helpless lil' thangs that need savin'.--

Deb

Kitsune06
10-29-2006, 06:41 PM
*cough* Anyone play FFX? and you know what, some characters make the movies... to the point you really wish they were real... like Trinity or Eartha Kitt's Catwoman...

CyclChyk
10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Cartman's my hero..........especially when he puts on the bikini :eek:

Its a joke guys/gals if you prefer.............. I found it on the web, thought it was cute and wanted to share. So many of us take life too seriously. Laugh at yourself once in awhile. No I have NEVER cried to get out of a speeding ticket, but it works then go for it! If letting a guy buy you dinner cuz he asked you out makes you feel special, then let him (and no, I am not going to analyze your self esteem issues if you do). If buying a new lipstick makes you feel good, then YEH you are doing better than me cuz I still prefer drinking my bottle of wine. Yes I said BOTTLE.

No I don't question my sexuality but if I wanna hug a chick and notice how firm her fake boobies are then I will - Laugh people!!! Geezz.............

Cali Sunshine
10-29-2006, 08:06 PM

much of this list is immoral

don't forget #8 either... much of this list just seems cynical and conniving, probably written by a bitter woman that got dumped and is lashing out at all men. :shrugs:

doc
10-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Re: the dinner thing, I'm thinking it's assuming you do it *just* for the dinner, not because you're genuinely interested in the guy. (i.e. joe bob who you detest asks you out to dinner to some really nice place. You accept the free dinner, don't say much if anything to him, and never call him again. Immoral.)

Stupidity should be painful. Guys don't get away with that sh*t with me and girls certainly don't.

Any chick who cries to get out of a ticket... ugh.

Ahhh. I see how some read the list totally differently than I did. I agree with that take on the dinner thing. I read the list without assuming the woman had evil intent. But I totally see how some could look at the list and apply scheming/conniving attributes to the woman's actions and then...

Cali Sunshine
10-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Cartman's my hero..........especially when he puts on the bikini :eek:

Its a joke guys/gals if you prefer.............. I found it on the web, thought it was cute and wanted to share. So many of us take life too seriously. Laugh at yourself once in awhile.

if you think it's just an innocent joke then you should have also posted a "why it's great to be a guy list" so we can all laugh at us women. i mean post both sides and see if you have the same reaction.

lph
10-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Hey, I thought it was hilarious, even though most of the points don't really apply in real life. Come on, I'd *love* to be able to cry myself out of a speeding ticket, even though I'd consider it immoral if society actually worked that way.

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-30-2006, 10:31 AM
It's just a silly joke list. Some of it is cute. The worst thing I can say about it is that some of the items are a bit outdated. Big deal. :rolleyes:

Bluetree
10-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Seriously. Racer X WAS kinda hot.

Kitsune06
10-30-2006, 12:03 PM
38 reasons why it's great to be a guy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1) Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
2) Movie nudity is virtually always female.
4) A five day vacation requires only one suitcase.
5) Your bathroom lines are 80% shorter.
6) You can open all your own jars.
7) Old friends don't give you crap if you've lost or
gained weight.
8) Dry cleaners and haircutter's don't rob you blind.
9) Your last name stays put.
10) You can kill your own food.
11) You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
12) You can be showered and ready in 10 minutes.
13) Sex means never worrying about your reputation.
14) Your underwear is $10 for a three pack.
15) You don't have to shave below your neck.
16) You don't have to curl up next to a hairy *** every night.
17) If you're 34 and single nobody notices.
18) You can write your name in the snow.
19) You can be president.
20) Flowers fix everything.
21) You get to think about sex 90% of your waking hours.
22) Three pair of shoes are more than enough.
23) You can eat a banana in a hardware store.
24) You can say anything and not worry about what people think.
25) Foreplay is optional.
26) You can whip your shirt off on a hot day
27) Car mechanics tell you the truth.
28) You don't give a rat's *** if someone notices your new haircut.
29) The world is your urinal.
30) Hot wax never comes near your pubic area.
31) One mood, all the time.
32) You can admire Clint Eastwood without starving
yourself to look like him.
33) You can sit with your knees apart no matter what you
are wearing.
34) Same work....more pay.
35) Gray hair and wrinkles add character.
36) You don't have to leave the room to make an emergency
crotch adjustment
37) You can drop by to see a friend without bringing a
little gift.
38) The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
----------------
Admittedly, I still enjoy #s 2,4,6,10,16,20 (sometimes?), 24, 26 (when I can get away with it), 28, 30, 32, 33, 35, and 38. Because I can, that's why. :cool: :D

Cali Sunshine
10-30-2006, 12:18 PM
5) Your bathroom lines are 80% shorter.
6) You can open all your own jars.
7) Old friends don't give you crap if you've lost or
gained weight.
8) Dry cleaners and haircutter's don't rob you blind.
9) Your last name stays put.
10) You can kill your own food.
11) You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
12) You can be showered and ready in 10 minutes.
13) Sex means never worrying about your reputation.
14) Your underwear is $10 for a three pack.
15) You don't have to shave below your neck.
16) You don't have to curl up next to a hairy *** every night.
17) If you're 34 and single nobody notices.
18) You can write your name in the snow.
19) You can be president.
20) Flowers fix everything.
21) You get to think about sex 90% of your waking hours.
22) Three pair of shoes are more than enough.
23) You can eat a banana in a hardware store.
24) You can say anything and not worry about what people think.
25) Foreplay is optional.
26) You can whip your shirt off on a hot day
27) Car mechanics tell you the truth.
28) You don't give a rat's *** if someone notices your new haircut.
29) The world is your urinal.
30) Hot wax never comes near your pubic area.
31) One mood, all the time.
32) You can admire Clint Eastwood without starving
yourself to look like him.
33) You can sit with your knees apart no matter what you
are wearing.
34) Same work....more pay.
35) Gray hair and wrinkles add character.
36) You don't have to leave the room to make an emergency
crotch adjustment
37) You can drop by to see a friend without bringing a
little gift.
38) The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
----------------
Admittedly, I still enjoy #s 2,4,6,10,16,20 (sometimes?), 24, 26 (when I can get away with it), 28, 30, 32, 33, 35, and 38. Because I can, that's why. :cool: :D

eeew, so that means you only like looking at women, you walk around bare-chested in public... yeah maybe in your backyard but try walking down a crowded street with your bare top exposed. men can do that but if we do that we'd get arrested for indecent exposure. you sit with your legs open in skirts and dresses?

CyclChyk
10-30-2006, 12:31 PM
ok KIT sign me up for being a guy - I really want to do most of those things. Already guilty of some........:eek:

Kitsune06
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Cali-
I don't *wear* skirts,
"when I can get away with it" generally means at the Fair or elsewhere around hippies, or out where people aren't...,
I think women are hot (but hey, guys are ok on the eyes too... sometimes), and "indecent exposure" doesn't pretain to being topless (at least in Eugene, I know... maybe other places too...)

DebW
10-30-2006, 01:30 PM
----------------

What happened to #3?

And I get 21/38 of these.

Kitsune06
10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
huh, didn't notice it was misnumbered.

Ok, top, #1 reason why it's good to be a woman-
A woman can score high on the "why its good to be a man" list and not feel like "less of a woman" because of it. maybe less of a 'lady', but not less of a woman. :D

CyclChyk
10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey....that ain't no lady... thats my wife!

(sorry. Couldn't resist. Thats why I'm a dork).

chickwhorips
10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Laugh at yourself once in awhile.

i laugh at myself every day. :D you have no idea the stupid things i do.

What happened to #3?

must've been a guy number 3, he forgot to ask for directions. ;)

i've cried when i've gotten a speeding ticket, but it was more for what my dad was going to do to me then the actual ticket.

doc
10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
:D

I love your list. I wanna be a guy!!

Cali Sunshine
10-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Cali-
I don't *wear* skirts,
"when I can get away with it" generally means at the Fair or elsewhere around hippies, or out where people aren't...,
I think women are hot (but hey, guys are ok on the eyes too... sometimes), and "indecent exposure" doesn't pretain to being topless (at least in Eugene, I know... maybe other places too...)

you must be a lesbian. me, i prefer a nice rock hard body, a six pack, that masculinity, nice arms, etc. -- and i'd think most women would agree. but seriously i don't know many places where you can just walk out in public with your boobs hanging out. it's just wrong. i see men walking topless all the time though.

Kitsune06
10-31-2006, 07:26 PM
you must be a lesbian. me, i prefer a nice rock hard body, a six pack, that masculinity, nice arms, etc. -- and i'd think most women would agree. but seriously i don't know many places where you can just walk out in public with your boobs hanging out. it's just wrong. i see men walking topless all the time though.

Hm. Think so, huh? Lemme check with my girlfriend. ;) She likes my nice rock-hard body, defined abs and nice arms... ;) I wouldn't confine myself to just that flat definition, though. I'm into those who appeal to me... Often women, but not always.
You can keep the masculinity. All I've ever gotten seeking it are people who leave the toilet seat up and/or jab my kidneys every morning trying to cuddle. :eek:
Hon, I'm not talking about "public". Brave as I might be, and as much of an advocate of people being happy with their bodies as I might be, I'm not gonna wander in "public" topless. People would laugh too hard. :D

Then again, to each her own. :D
Peace, chica :)

KnottedYet
10-31-2006, 07:40 PM
"L. A.", please find something else to do.

Who had the really cool smilie that meant "don't feed the trolls?" That was a good one.

Cali Sunshine
10-31-2006, 07:57 PM
There are about 30 or 40 here.

"LA", please find something else to do.

not surprised. and i am from el segundo, not l.a.

Trek420
10-31-2006, 08:03 PM
KnottedYet "There are about 30 or 40 of us here."

.... and the rest of them lie about it:D

JK, really, I am sooooo kidding.

Cali, this board is a very special diverse group of women, we range all over the map and are diverse including all ethnic goups, religions and countries. Our politics are all over the range and yes :eek: even mountain bikers (again. I am soooo kidding).

What we have in common is cycling and this board has a history and tone of respectful discussion.

It is a place we all can meet and discover what we have in common not what divides us.

Furthermore phrases like "well them you must be a lesbian" .... since when is the term lesbian an insult? :mad: It's just a fact, some women are, some aren't, sometimes you feel like nut, sometimes you don't.

You are welcome here yet I hope TE remains a respectfull and diverse place.

I'm thinking someone turned you down for a date

Kitsune06
10-31-2006, 08:08 PM
not surprised.

Let me rephrase my statement. It's generally unnecessary to state the already blindingly, almost painfully obvious and to do so makes one doubt the powers of observation of the one making the statement. Here, I was enjoying this thread, but Cali, I've looked at your previous posts, and I'm with Lisa S.H. Call me paranoid (it's my job. Literally.) but you give me a bad "vibe".
I don't care where you're from or what your IP is. You still smell like a troll. You've trolled this thread from its inception.

Cali Sunshine
10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
KnottedYet "There are about 30 or 40 of us here."

.... and the rest of them lie about it:D

JK, really, I am sooooo kidding.

Cali, this board is a very special diverse group of women, we range all over the map and are diverse including all ethnic goups, religions and countries. Our politics are all over the range and yes :eek: even mountain bikers (again. I am soooo kidding).

What we have in common is cycling and this board has a history and tone of respectful discussion.

It is a place we all can meet and discover what we have in common not what divides us.

Furthermore phrases like "well them you must be a lesbian" .... since when is the term lesbian an insult? :mad: It's just a fact, some women are, some aren't, sometimes you feel like nut, sometimes you don't.

You are welcome here yet I hope TE remains a respectfull and diverse place.

I'm thinking someone turned you down for a date

well i never said it in an insulting way, if that's how you took it. i don't think the word "lesbian" is an insult, just a factual depiction of one's sexuality. i'm fully hetero, but that's just me. whatever.

Cali Sunshine
10-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Let me rephrase my statement. It's generally unnecessary to state the already blindingly, almost painfully obvious and to do so makes one doubt the powers of observation of the one making the statement. Here, I was enjoying this thread, but Cali, I've looked at your previous posts, and I'm with Lisa S.H. Call me paranoid (it's my job. Literally.) but you give me a bad "vibe".
I don't care where you're from or what your IP is. You still smell like a troll. You've trolled this thread from its inception.

i was a member here a little over a year ago. i have contributed much positive to this forum. you can be "paranoid" all you want but i know who i am. hell i don't blame you with all the weirdos on the net, but for all i know i don't know who you are and you could be anyone. the fact is i speak my mind, some may find it offensive for whatever reason -- but i don't name-call. i on the other hand have been called "troll," accused of being past members who have been on here among other things. it's amazing. one person (who i will not name) sent me PM's telling me they received the same "newbie" treatment when they first got here.

CyclChyk
11-01-2006, 02:53 AM
What ever happened to "live and let live?" How about "judge not lest ye be judged?" or "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all?"

I am 1/2 german and its nothing for german girls to go topless at beaches. Not considered indecent. No I don't do it (gravity and all), but I have no problem with those who do. Live and let live.

I am not a "lesbian" but since when is it a crime? Love who you want to love. Judge not lest ye be judged.

"If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all?" well I am not known for keeping my mouth shut but lawdy, I am trying so hard to be nice right now.......
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this supposed to be the HUMOR thread??? Geez, lighten up peeps.

And in the words of a very smart lesbian who I'm betting is pretty cool ~~> Peace chicka's :rolleyes:

Bluetree
11-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Hm. Think so, huh? Lemme check with my girlfriend.

Kit... um... yer, er...are... GAY?! :eek:
I always thought you were talking about Dearest Guy Fella!

ROTFL

KnottedYet
11-01-2006, 05:42 AM
:D Bluetree :D

snapdragen
11-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Kit... um... yer, er...are... GAY?! :eek:
I always thought you were talking about Dearest Guy Fella!

ROTFL

There are gay people on this forum? I'm shocked! Just stunned I tell you.....

deep breaths everyone - utilize that ignore function if you must, it is a wonderful tool :cool:

caligurl
11-01-2006, 07:55 AM
ok...... i'm gonna have to change my name.... cuz i don't like sharing "MY NAME" with cali sunshine!

signed,
the ORIGINAL cali

CyclChyk
11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
but CaliGurl we like you.......Besides, there was a reason the other one left a year ago, and there will be a reason again.

You know, the biking site my DH frequents has many confrontational threads and posters. I think they like to get people riled up for a "good laugh" in their twisted way. What I like about TE, is that even tho so many have different opinions, no one tries to impose theirs on others and usually doesn't criticize other opinions negatively (altho you couldn't tell by this thread....).

Now, about that wonderful ignore button.........

salsabike
11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
"L. A.", please find something else to do.

Who had the really cool smilie that meant "don't feed the trolls?" That was a good one.

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey, it's the "No hillbillies with roast turkeys on sticks" sign again! :cool:

Geonz
11-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Keep your name, Caligurl, we can tell the difference :) I've been ignoring since the second post.

Bikingmomof3
11-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Good Grief, someone needs to alert me to these events! :D

I take one wee trip to hospital and I miss out on everything. :rolleyes:

Bluetree-you crack me up!

Caligurl, we know who you are, never change. :cool:

Snap-good thing you taught me about that magical button. ;)

Trekhawk
11-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I take one wee trip to hospital and I miss out on everything. :rolleyes:

Hope it was just a trip for a check up is everything ok????

Bikingmomof3
11-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I will be fine. I had another TIA (transient ischemic attack). It is a mini stroke/warning stroke. I have had those before, but DH inisted I visit the ER. At least most of the staff were in Halloween costumes. :)

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh Jennifer, I hope you and your Dr are able to get these under control soon! :( Nothing to say except ((((hug))))

CyclChyk
11-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I will be fine. I had another TIA (transient ischemic attack). It is a mini stroke/warning stroke.

Ok now you've really go my attention. Could you tell me what your symptoms were and what the doctor advised? I think someone very dear to me has had some of these and I have been trying in vain to convince them to see a doc. Any input would greatly aid my cause.........

CyclChyk
11-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I will be fine. I had another TIA (transient ischemic attack). It is a mini stroke/warning stroke.

Are you ok?? I hope everything works out for you for the best!!

Could you tell me what your symptoms were and what the doctor advised? I think someone very dear to me has had some of these and I have been trying in vain to convince them to see a doc. Any input would greatly aid my cause.........

Bikingmomof3
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Are you ok?? I hope everything works out for you for the best!!

Could you tell me what your symptoms were and what the doctor advised? I think someone very dear to me has had some of these and I have been trying in vain to convince them to see a doc. Any input would greatly aid my cause.........

I sent you a PM.

Cali Sunshine
11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
ok...... i'm gonna have to change my name.... cuz i don't like sharing "MY NAME" with cali sunshine!

signed,
the ORIGINAL cali

uhhh i don't think there's a big confusion. i'm sunshine you're caligurl :)

Bluetree
11-02-2006, 12:25 PM
but CaliGurl we like you....... Now, about that wonderful ignore button.........

Yeah, Caligurl, don't go changing...

BMo3 – Get better quick! We can't have you missing anything! :D

My 'Ignore' button won't work. I've been trying to activate it a LOT during the past couple of days. Does anyone know if this is a browser issue?
[Ignore-CLICK-Save] [Ignore-CLICK-Save] [Ignore-CLICK-Save]

caligurl
11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, Caligurl, don't go changing...

why do i suddenly hear billy joel serenading me?????? http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/84.gif

Bluetree
11-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Cuz yer an uptown gurl living in a white bread world as long as anyone with hot blood can ... :D

caligurl
11-02-2006, 12:36 PM
http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/89.gif

Trek420
11-02-2006, 12:57 PM
The River Of Dreams

In the middle of the night
I go walking in my sleep
From the mountains of faith
To a river so deep
I must be looking for something
Something sacred I lost
But the river is wide
And it's too hard to cross.....

CyclChyk
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
way OT but did you know that Christie Brinkley designed the cover of BJ's River of Dreams CD? I thought it was very cool.

Trekhawk
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I will be fine. I had another TIA (transient ischemic attack). It is a mini stroke/warning stroke. I have had those before, but DH inisted I visit the ER. At least most of the staff were in Halloween costumes. :)

Oh no thats terrible. Good on your DH I think he is very sensible. Take care of yourself.:)

Bikingmomof3
11-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh no thats terrible. Good on your DH I think he is very sensible. Take care of yourself.:)

Thank You I will be fine. :) It is more dangerous for me to be reading TE while eating Chinese food (shhhh-I am pretending it is very nutritious). I almost choked on the Bille Joel song-major flashback. :D