PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to the Marathon

limewave
10-20-2006, 03:05 AM
We're leaving for Chicago for the marathon on Sunday! Yay! I'm actually not as nervous about it as I thought I would be. Right now, my big concern is the weather: low 32, high 42. Brrrrr. Looks like I'll be wearing running tights afterall.

Good luck to all the SF marathoners this weekend!

Tri Girl
10-20-2006, 03:41 AM
GOOD LUCK LIMEWAVE!!!
I know you'll have the BEST time, and please take lots of pics, and have a blast! We'll be looking for your race report when you get back!
I'm sending you speedy running vibes....:D

And good luck San Fran runners, too! That was the most fun I've EVER had at a marathon! Enjoy that foggy Bay Area weather! :)

Bikingmomof3
10-20-2006, 05:43 AM
Good Luck Limewave! Have a great time and get lots of pictures. I cannot wait to hear all about it. I wish I was going. Maybe next year?

Have Fun!:D

kaybee
10-20-2006, 07:12 AM
Good luck limewave and everyone else running marathons this weekend! (Liksani, maillotpois, bikergal, is that right? Anybody else?) We'll be waiting for reports. Hope the weather gods smile down upon you.

KB

Grog
10-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Good Luck Limewave!!!

It's wonderful that you'll be able to run it. I'm sure everything will be wonderful (as much as a marathon can be wonderful of course).

Impatiently awaiting the report...

chickwhorips
10-20-2006, 09:56 AM
good luck limewave! don't worry abou the cold, it really isn't that bad. ;)

good luck to anyone else out there doing a marathon this weekend! wish it was me, but it isn't so i'll have to live through all of your tails. to take detailed notes to tell me what happened!

Deborajen
10-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Good luck Limewave! Chicago marathon sounds so exciting. I'm sure you'll have a great time - and you'll warm up once you get going and not even notice the cold air.

Good luck to everyone else running marathons this weekend, too. Can't wait to hear all about them! :)

Deb

Running Mommy
10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
be safe and have fun!! And YES running 26.2 miles CAn be fun if you have the right mindset!! :D

mtbdarby
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Best of luck Limewave! Have a fantastic run and take lots of pictures!

Bella
10-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Good luck - I'll be running too - the one wearing green - (easy to spot, right?:D )

I think the weather might cooperate with us yet! Today would have been just right..but it's all about the fun and adventure. See you at the finish line.

maillotpois
10-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Good luck Limewave and everyone else!!!

For those doing the SF marathon, I'll be in the purple TNT tank top. Along with the other 8000 purple TNT tank tops.... :cool: So I should be easy to spot.

I have to remember the chamois butter (for blister protection). I seem to keep forgetting it,,,,

Have fun everyone!

Lise
10-21-2006, 05:32 AM
I'll be there cheering for you limewave! Looking forward to reading your story. :D

KnottedYet
10-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Have fun Limewave! Flossie and I are cheering for you!

And good luck everyone running marathons this weekend!

limewave
10-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Okay, so we (DH and I) are in Chicago. We went to the Health and Fitness Expo. I'm not really into that so we didnt' stay long. Then we went to the Museum of Science and Industry and saw the IMAX film "Wired to Win" that followed team CSC in the Tour de France a couple of years ago. It was great and very motivating for the Marathon tomorrow!

We are staying in my friends corporate apt. He's very high up in a company you have all heard of but will remain nameless. The apt is only used when important people have to do business in Chicago. So, it's very, very fancy and it's just off of Michigan Ave and Lakeshore Drive--it's not possible to have a better place to stay.

I am looking forward to tomorrow and am not really nervous yet. It's supposed to be cold, blustery, and possibly snow. Should be fun. Hmmm, maybe next year I'll do the SF Nike Marathon instead.

~LW

Tri Girl
10-21-2006, 12:48 PM
I am looking forward to tomorrow and am not really nervous yet. It's supposed to be cold, blustery, and possibly snow. Should be fun. Hmmm, maybe next year I'll do the SF Nike Marathon instead.

~LW

You shouldn't be nervous- you'll have a GREAT time! Enjoy the fancy apartment, and enjoy your day tomorrow!

And, ummmm, last year's Nike San Fran wasn't all that great weather either- cold and rainy. Not snow, but certainly not typical beautiful California weather either. Although snowy runs can be the most fun of all....
HAVE FUN!!!!! :)

colby
10-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Good luck Limewave and all you SFers!! You CAN and WILL do it, we're all cheering you on :D :D

Aggie_Ama
10-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Can't wait to hear all about it! You should be looking forward to it- I can't imagine what an amazing experience it will be. :D

Isn't cold the best marathon weather? :confused: I know they were excited for the Austin Freescale Marathon last year when a cold front blew in the day before.