PDA

View Full Version : Tour De Farm- LAST CALL

Running Mommy
10-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Ok, so who is in??? I'll be there with the hubby. Anyone else going to join us?

spokewench
10-20-2006, 02:03 PM
i'm moving my parents to Tucson so I can't make it.

mtkitchn
10-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi RM!
I've been overwhelmed with a training course I'm going through at work. I finally have a day off tomorrow, and if I get up in time I'll be out there in my Amici Veloci jersey on a red Giant OCR3. I haven't been able to ride much lately, so if I do go, you'll be blowing by me since I'm terribly out of shape!!!!
I had plans to go for sure a month or so ago, but back then I didn't realize what this training course was going to put me through.
Sue

mtkitchn
10-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I was all ready to go to Goodyear when my father in law called needing things. He's 84 with Alzheimer's and lives in East Mesa. So instead of heading west, I hopped on the bike and headed east to take care of him. I really wanted to do the ride and meet a real IRONWOMAN! That's the third ride this year I paid for and didn't get to do !!!!

Running Mommy
10-21-2006, 04:38 PM
well I know the feeling! I didn't get to ride it either!! My 2007 BMW with the whopping 11k miles on it decided to take a crap on me so I had to take it to the shop first thing this morning! ARGH!!! Turns out it was BAD and it's a good thing I got it in- bad rear main seal whatever that is. All I know is the guy at the dealer prefaced it with " I don't want to tell you youve got a lemon BUT....." :eek:
The worst part was driving down the hill and watching everyone ride UP the hill starting out! :(
But I did manage to make it out for 32 miles this afternoon, so thats good I guess. But yeah we ate our entries... sigh....

mtkitchn
10-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Wow, that really sucks about your car!!! Hope it was under warranty and there are no other problems with it!
Thank goodness for bicycles!:rolleyes: