PDA

View Full Version : How do I find my Batman?

Bluetree
10-17-2006, 08:07 AM
OK, so I get invited to this roadie's Halloween party. If you don't want to pitch in for the beer money, you have to ride your bike to the party in full costume. No problem. I don't drink beer and I like to dress up. So I say to the BF, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool of we went dressed as Batman and Robin? Imagine the two of us riding through town in full Superhero regalia, capes and all."

No go, BF is out of town that week. So l asked all the riding buddies to be my Batman, without any luck. The closest I found was a friend who would go with me, but only if he could be Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman and Robin?! That wouldn't work. Plus, I'm not a phobe or anything and I do live in a Blue State, but I question the safety of riding across town with a 220-lb. flaming black man with a five o'clock shadow, fake boobs and panty hose.

So, I ask... how does a Robin find her Batman? Any suggestions?

Bikingmomof3
10-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Personally I love the the idea of a guy dressed up as wonder woman. You could do a super hero theme-Hall of Justice and all that. Ummm, the Wonder Twins? Or are you set on being Robin?

Grog
10-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Plus, I'm not a phobe or anything and I do live in a Blue State, but I question the safety of riding across town with a 220-lb. flaming black man with a five o'clock shadow, fake boobs and panty hose.

Come on, it's Halloween! People will whistle at him at best!

Bikingmomof3
10-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Come on, it's Halloween! People will whistle at him at best!

I know, I think his costume idea is brilliant.

Bluetree
10-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Personally I love the the idea of a guy dressed up as wonder woman. You could do a super hero theme-Hall of Justice and all that. Ummm, the Wonder Twins? Or are you set on being Robin?

Hmmm... does Wonder Woman have a sidekick?

My Justice League memory isn't too good, but I think it was Superman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and the Wonder Twins. Oh, and that stupid purple monkey! (Hey, there's an idea...)

snapdragen
10-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Hmmm... does Wonder Woman have a sidekick?

My Justice League memory isn't too good, but I think it was Superman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and the Wonder Twins. Oh, and that stupid purple monkey! (Hey, there's an idea...)

Didn't she have a sister or something, from the same island?

Adventure Girl
10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Supergirl is Superman's cousin. Her real name is Kara. And she could kick Wonder Woman's a$$! She's usually blonde, but I wanted her to have black hair so I colored it with a sharpie. I also put the black cycling gloves on her.
http://www.sighost.com/user/AdventureGirl/supergirl_mojo.jpg

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Go with your Wonderwoman friend, and YOU should be batman.

DDH
10-17-2006, 09:25 AM
OMG, thats great Lisa, I love that. He is wonderwoman and she is batman.

I love that Idea.

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Well, upon pondering the thread title: "How do I find my Batman?"
I realized that the solutions we seek usually lie within us. ;)

Adventure Girl
10-17-2006, 09:38 AM
He is wonderwoman and she is batman.My husband and I did a similar thing one year. I was a football player and he was a cheerleader.

I borrowed football gear from a kid from middle school. Robert was the ugliest cheerleader ever! Platinum blonde wig, big brown mustache and really hairy legs!:eek:

Trek420
10-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Bluetree "Plus, I'm not a phobe or anything and I do live in a Blue State, but I question the safety of riding across town with a 220-lb. flaming black man with a five o'clock shadow, fake boobs and panty hose."

Safety first, if he bursts into flames put him out, if he's already out then you must go go!!

You must do this and we want pictures! :p :p

Anyone else riding in costume on Halloween?

xeney
10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
We were planning to, and my husband bought lights and glow sticks to decorate our bikes, but I think we may be out of town. Plus I can never think of a costume.

We used to dress up a lot. Our best year was the year that I was Glinda the Good Witch of the North, and he was the Wicked Witch of the West. (He has really long hair, so it worked.) We would do that one again but I can't fit into the pink poufy prom dress anymore.

These days my glasses tend to mess up any costume ideas I come up with.

CyclChyk
10-17-2006, 12:01 PM
the first thing that popped in my head of who could be Batman was...

a blow up doll? :eek: :p

doc
10-17-2006, 12:29 PM
a 220-lb. flaming black man with a five o'clock shadow, fake boobs and panty hose.

I am soooo jealous. I would LOVE to go riding with a 220lb black male wonder woman. I'd ride with him (er her?) every day if I could. What could be more fun and scare off criminals? After all, would you tangle with someone who is clearly that crazy?

And why, I wonder, do you think a wonder woman costume is more "flaming" than tight matchy-matchy spandex in all colors of the rainbow?

Kitsune06
10-17-2006, 02:38 PM
If it makes you feel any better, my xh had to deal with my going out to Halloween parties clad head-to-toe in biker black leathers, black fishnet manbeater, white handkerchief with teddybear keychain (hanky code anyone?) and fingerless black leather gloves. My costume?
Not a biker.
Not a mob hitman
Oh no,
I was an "angsty teenager".

His friends looked at me and said "You're a Dike on a byke, aren't you?"
:rolleyes: Funny, funny. Who's laughing now? :D

Bluetree
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
All right, I think I found a Supergirl costume in XS that will fit... suitable for a f**hag of the Asian-Persuasion that is me...
(Does that make me an honorary Gaysian?)
We'll be a sight... Wonder Woman and Supergirl riding down the street, capes flying, singing a jaunty tune. I'm thinking the theme song from the old Hercules cartoon would be appropriate...

"Hercules...softness in his eyes,
Iron in his thighs,
Virtue in his heart,
Fire in every part...
of mighty Hercules!"

P.S. I hope we don't get shot.

Trek420
10-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Kitsune06 "white handkerchief with teddybear keychain (hanky code anyone?)"

I forget, which pocket?

Bluetree, we want pictures, and no, you won't be shot unless it's to stop the singing.

Hercules, hero of song and story!
Hercules, winner of ancient glory!
Fighting for the right, fighting with his might;
With the strength of ten, ordinary men!
Hercules, people are safe when near him!
Hercules, only the evil fear him!
Softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs;
Virtue in his heart, fire in every part of
The Mighty Hercules!

Kitsune06
10-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Um... right. Always right. :o I went with white after being told/informed he wouldn't be okay with the attention I would get from black, grey, or purple. Would I? Depends on the key whoever else was learn-ed in. :o :p These things vary in scary ways. :eek:

oh and

TE is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of TE TD

DebW
10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
We'll be a sight... Wonder Woman and Supergirl riding down the street, capes flying, singing a jaunty tune.

Just make sure your capes stay out of your wheel/brake/chain while riding. Wouldn't want any mishaps on Halloween. Maybe you just have to pedal so fast that the cape remains horizontal at all times.

Bluetree
10-17-2006, 05:57 PM
You're sweet Deb, thanks for the concern. My cape only goes to my knees, but I'll pass it along to 'Woman.
I don't think it'll be a problem, as you know... Wonder Woman and Supergirl defy gravity! (insert powerful thematic music here) :p

Kitsune, hanky code? Never knew!
Trek, you remember all the words. Incredible.

bikerchick68
10-17-2006, 07:08 PM
see, now you all have my wheels spinning here... how fun would it be to get a large group of friends to ride the Halloween weekend... as the entire Superheros group??? I LOVE the idea of all the Superheroes on bikes... :D

please post pictures... I'm giggling thinking about it!

Trek420
10-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Bluetree "Trek, you remember all the words. Incredible."

nah, not all of them I had to cheat. And don't ask me to sing it.

Geonz
10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Excuse me, it's Halloween, California... won't that be kind of mundane? (I don't know, here in the Midwest, we get crazy ideas about you Californians :))
On the other hand, if it don't feel right, don't do it.. I'm usually sorry if I don't listen to the gut ...

Xrayted
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't have even blinked an eye. Go for it. Just make sure you look as good/better than he does. Getting shown up by a guy in a skirt and cape... too, too much!! :D
I can't wait for the pics.

KnottedYet
10-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Bluetree "Trek, you remember all the words. Incredible."

nah, not all of them I had to cheat. And don't ask me to sing it.

C'mon, Trek-inator, SING! And you have to chirp "Herc! Herc!" like the little faun dude whose name I can't remember...

Kitsune06
10-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Philoctetes?

DirtDiva
10-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Supergirl is Superman's cousin. Her real name is Kara. And she could kick Wonder Woman's a$$! She's usually blonde, but I wanted her to have black hair so I colored it with a sharpie. I also put the black cycling gloves on her.
Awesome! Did you draw little cleats on the bottom of her shoes?

DebW
10-18-2006, 05:50 AM
You're sweet Deb, thanks for the concern. My cape only goes to my knees, but I'll pass it along to 'Woman.

Ha Ha. I don't think anyone has ever called me sweet before. Just a practical mind that hears costume and cape and thinks about wheel entanglement.

Tuckervill
10-18-2006, 09:12 AM
One year my 6'7" husband went as Dennis Rodman, complete with orange hair and a bridal veil, and I went as Madonna. On the way to the party, we stopped at a liquor store and had to decide who was going get the fewest stares--a white man in "black" face (not really--he was Rodman), or an overweight gal with bullet boobs.

I went in to get the wine.

Karen