PDA

View Full Version : Our band's first gig - video on YouTube

slinkedog
10-16-2006, 07:01 AM
Hey all you wonderful ladies who have been so supportive of my musical endeavors!! :) Our band had our first gig on Oct. 1 and my sister video taped it for us. I put a few clips up on YouTube if you want to have a listen. It's just raw footage and the place was really small, but it came out okay. Here's the link to our YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShannonCooperBand

Thanks again for your encouragement! It's scary to do something out of your comfort zone, but we had a lot of fun. We hope to have another gig in a few weeks.

:)
Shannon

Popoki_Nui
10-16-2006, 08:13 AM
What a lovely voice you have! Rich and mature sounding, and if you were "outside your comfort zone", you sure don't show it on stage! I'd love to be able to sing like you, but I seem to be missing that gene....:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing the videos!

~Sherry.

Trekhawk
10-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey all you wonderful ladies who have been so supportive of my musical endeavors!! :) Our band had our first gig on Oct. 1 and my sister video taped it for us. I put a few clips up on YouTube if you want to have a listen. It's just raw footage and the place was really small, but it came out okay. Here's the link to our YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheShannonCooperBand

Thanks again for your encouragement! It's scary to do something out of your comfort zone, but we had a lot of fun. We hope to have another gig in a few weeks.

:)
Shannon

Congratulations Shannon - look forward to hearing some of your future gigs.

As Time Goes By made me smile my husband and I love that song - they played it at our wedding reception.:)

Bikingmomof3
10-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Congratulations Shannon! I listened to my favourite song last, As Time Goes By. It is such a beautiful song and you sing it beautifully! Your hair is gorgeous and I loved your outfit. All in all excellent job. :D

cherinyc
10-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Shannon - you have SUCH a beautiful voice. I am glad you are getting to share it with others.

cheri

slinkedog
10-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Gals! I've been singing for as long as I can remember, I've just never really done jazz before. It's been fun to learn some new styles and I hope to keep learning new stuff in the jazz genre. I just got some stuff to help me learn to scat better. I hope it helps!! :)

Ninabike
10-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi Shannon.

That's great!! I think jazz is the most difficult to master. I play guitar, a little bass and sing - mostly folk, soft rock and church worship type music, but I find jazz very complicated and difficult to do well. Congratulations. Once word gets out, you will get lots of gigs.

Nina

SadieKate
10-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Nice! I love that genre of music. Congratulations.

Pedal Wench
10-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Wow!

Very nice!!! Fabulous voice and great arrangements of some classics!

Next time, see if you can plug a feed from your mixer into the camera - the sound would be so much better and we could really hear how good you are!!!

DDH
10-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Shannon, what a great job!! You and the band sounded great!
I give so much credit to someone who can get up in front of everyone (strangers) and sing. I love to sing, at home with my radio, not on stage in front of people. I am not great but I can carry a tune. You sounded lovely, you have a very pretty voice.
You looked so comfortable, no nervous at all.

Congratulations!!!

slinkedog
10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks so much, Ladies! Encouragment is so awesome!!

I'll add some more stuff after our next gig... hopefully in a few weeks. :)