PDA

View Full Version : *wonders if wax=accessory* ouchie....

alpinerabbit
10-15-2006, 09:03 AM
hehehe. I waxed some significant parts of my body today, including my armpits, in preparation for starting swimming. It works nicely but I am a bit sore now... micro-bruises. some roots even bled. But it's ok. Says the masochist in me.

Anyway some hair in my bikini zone (where I did not go very far) is very tenacious. Any hints?

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Wear swim suit that has a little more coverage? How about lycra shorts?
What do I know, I don't swim.

Is the hair being removed for purposes of aerodynamics, or for cosmetic reasons?

alpinerabbit
10-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Hahaha, haha, aerodynamics. LOL. I am in the "driftwood" category. Purely for reduction of embarrassment.

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-15-2006, 12:25 PM
How about one of TE's triathlon swimsuits? I think they look pretty cool:
http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=20273

mimitabby
10-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I vote for scissors or bleach! The hair follicles of those suckers are so big
that they will probably leave scars if you're not careful ripping them out!

lol. I'm in the same boat (almost never swim). Wear a less revealing bathingsuit. LandsEnd has a fabulous assortment of nice coverage swim suits.

KnottedYet
10-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Gave up shaving and waxing and tweezers in that neighborhood, cuz of the infections and ingrown hairs.

Now I just use scissors or clippers.

(but I swim in a "Tri" suit of shorts and a bra-top, so no-one sees anything anyway)

Bluetree
10-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Yeah, for day-to-day stuff I just use the clippers. Shaving sometimes causes in-grown hairs. You can get a woman's bikini clipper for about $15 at Target. It's easy to use and you don't have to worry about nicks or cuts.

EDIT: Ooops, I just noticed you're from Europe and may not have a "Target" handy. But I'm sure you can find a pair online or at a drugstore for relatively cheap!

Dianyla
10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Laser it, baby. :cool:

And I believe the word is hydrodynamic...

Trekhawk
10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
You could dress like the Thorpedo. No need to worry about bikini line with this outfit (keep your eyes on the right hand photo).:D

http://www.alisonkent.com/thorpe.jpg

On a more practical note if you check out some of the old threads I think someone mentioned a great depilatory cream that a guy they work with used and it removed really stubborn hair.