PDA

View Full Version : October Secret Sister Thank You

MomOnBike
10-13-2006, 05:13 PM
I have the best Secret Sister on Earth!

No, really, I do.

Yesterday I got off one stressful job, came home to a looming deadline on my home business, and was looking forward to a sleepless night. I came home to a wonderful package with fun socks, a fluffy purple pen that actually fits my hand and the prettiest note cards I've ever seen. I could feel stress peeling off me just looking at my goodies.

Today, I wore the socks commuting to work and didn't take them off to look "professional". My bright yellow toes showed through the Croc knock-offs and made me smile every time I looked down. They were the best part of my day.

So, thank you Secret Sister. I needed that.

(and yes, I made the deadline, thanks for asking)

btchance
10-14-2006, 03:49 PM
:D Secret Sis, thank you so much for part 1 of 2! After part one, I can't wait to see what part 2 holds. The socks were adorable, but I have to say, arriving 1week after OU lost to TX, the TX theme socks were a little bit of a shock. (I know, a Sooner in Alabama, not exactly expected) But they are cute! I even wore them today. So everyone else will know what I'm talking about, they have the TX flag on the top with "Don't mess with my feet" instead of "don't mess with Texas" on bottom.

It was also so sweet of you to go through and find those old pics of me and print them off. That was definately a surprise!

And thanks for the monthly breast check reminder. It was even one of the updated versions! That is something I always have a hard time remembering to do, even though I've seen way too many women with advanced breast cancer they just ignored. There are so many screening tests out there now, that it can be caught early and often cured, and it makes me sick when women don't even take the time to look at themselves and it ends up costing them their lives. Everyone needs someone to remind them to check their selves. So thanks again!!

Oh, and I think I figured out who you are!! It reminded me to go finish my secret sis shopping. Just waiting for something I ordered to come in, then mine will be off!

Aggie_Ama
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM
:D Secret Sis, thank you so much for part 1 of 2! After part one, I can't wait to see what part 2 holds. The socks were adorable, but I have to say, arriving 1week after OU lost to TX, the TX theme socks were a little bit of a shock. (I know, a Sooner in Alabama, not exactly expected) But they are cute! I even wore them today. So everyone else will know what I'm talking about, they have the TX flag on the top with "Don't mess with my feet" instead of "don't mess with Texas" on bottom.

I was looking for those socks for my SS and couldn't find them in the right size! I always try to spread a little bit of Texas to my secret sisters (as GLC can tell you). At least she didn't send you some longhorn ones- ICK!!

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Got my SS package yesterday! Pondered the package that the mailman left on the porch, trying to figure out what I had ordered from CA, then it dawned on me it must be from my TE secret sister!!! Oooh, Goody! Ran to the bedroom to open it up...

Thank you, my Secret Sister all the way across the country in Sacramento!!! Those wild California wicking socks! And the sparkly pretty stationary is so lovely.
So much FUN getting that mystery package in the mail....THANK YOU for all your sweet thoughtfulness. :p :p :p

Haudlady
10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
What a great way to come back from vacation. :D (I did get some riding in, thank goodness, but most of the "vacation" was deferred maintenance around the house and barn that just couldn't be deferred any more :rolleyes: ). The mail run just came, and she said "you got a present" as she tossed the mail onto the pile on my desk... usually when she says that it means MORE WORK for me! What a great surprise to have it ACTUALLY be a present!

Yippee! Thank you! Yes, I read the card first... and yes - they match my bike! Now I have real cycling socks! They are very cute - a black background with blue butterflies. Very pretty, but not too "girly" - perfect for me! :cool:

The note cards are really neat, too. I have a hard time finding cards with a cycling theme - these are sweet!

Thank you!

P.s. Secret Sister of mine - I am not as organized as the SS who sent a present to me... it's coming! Soon! I promise!

divingbiker
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I came home today to a package from Norway! Even I can figure out who my secret sister is...thank you, Duck on Wheels! I love the colored pencils and the Scream notebook, and I got the pretty pink socks last week. It was a real treat to get a present when I walked in the door.

AND, I also had a package from TE with the socks I ordered for my SS and all my cold weather gear--Showers Pass rain jacket (which fits perfectly and which I love), hooded long sleeve jersey, helmet cover, beanie, warm gloves, etc. Tomorrow it will all get a workout on my commute.

(All these new things kind of blunted the nastiness of having to deal with rampant stinky bloody diarrhea from my dog who's very sick. And the other diarrhea from the one who's not sick. Come to think of it, parts of my life are not so good. :( )

CyclChyk
10-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Ok Diving - I am eating while I read your post.

Gross. (Altho I hope your dog is ok)

Aggie_Ama
10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
(All these new things kind of blunted the nastiness of having to deal with rampant stinky bloody diarrhea from my dog who's very sick. And the other diarrhea from the one who's not sick. Come to think of it, parts of my life are not so good. :( )

(((Diving))) I have two dogs who have both had bouts with hemmoratic gastro-intestinitis (Yes I know I butchered the heck out of that). Hope your little ones get better, that is such a stressful thing.

divingbiker
10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Hijack here...

Thanks for the good thoughts. Unfortunately the sick one is not going to get better. She's got mast cell cancer that has spread to her internal organs, and it's just a matter of me somehow finding the courage to let her go. I'm not quite there yet, but it's a matter of days. This really sucks.

Now back to fun secret sister news...

lauraelmore1033
10-16-2006, 05:21 PM
It was a rainy, crappy, cold day when my package arrived from Alaska today. It really made my day and I found myself smiling all morning at the pleasure of receiving a lovely gift out of the blue. Real cycling socks! And the cutest note pad and a snowglobe pen from alaska along with a couple of packets of Carboom. The note enclosed voiced a wish that the socks make me go faster, and there was a message on the bottom of the socks that read: It's never a bad time for a ride. I had actually planned to wimp out today because of the rain, but hey, if it's never a bad day for a ride in Alaska, surely it must be a really good day for a ride here in Washington. Shamed into action by a pair of socks... I decided to take them and the carb boom out on my least favorite trail (least because it is hilly) and see if they could carry me over my evil nemesis hill which is marked with a sign warning of a 9% grade. I don't know if that is actually steep, but it kicks my butt every time, and I must usually dismount in shame, crawling the rest of the way, nursing a side stitch.
But not today!
I managed to make it up the hill without stopping. Still had the side stitch, though, but did manage to retain a modicum of dignity. I place all the credit on the Power of the Socks!
Thank you secret sister! (Chickwhorips)
Laura

CyclChyk
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Diving Biker - I am so sorry for you and your baby having to endure this pain, but know that when you are strong enough, it will be what is best for your baby. Her suffering will be over and her spirit will live on (if you believe that sort of thing and I for one DO).

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

CyclChyk
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Laura - you go girl! Congrats!

Xrayted
10-16-2006, 07:07 PM
I came home tonight dragging (not a good day) and saw a package at my front door. The name and address was hand written and I'm thinking, what in the world did I order on Ebay lately? (and how am I ever gonna explain another bike purchase to the SO... :o :rolleyes: ) Opened it up, cautiously looked in with one eye and... WOOHOO!!!

Thank you SS for the great gifts! The red polka-dot socks and Tri socks are cool. I saw the polka-dot ones online a few weeks ago and thought, hmmm.... do I have the guts to wear 'em? A year or 2 ago, sadly, no. But this is NOW - and NOW I'm a roadie. :D I'm wearing all kinds of wild looking stuff that I thought I'd never have the guts to wear. (and in public no less) But, then I thought of the rule of never buying yourself something right before your B-day, X-mas, etc... because sure enough someone will get that exact thing for you. hehehe I'm wearing them right now here on the couch and they're sooo coooooool!! :cool: :cool: :cool: I love the tri socks too. How did you know? In the way back recesses of my mind, the thought is there, maybe a tri someday? (BMo3 and others - thanks for the brain seed that was planted. Cheers to those of us who don't believe 'em when others say we can't do something!)
The stationery is just wonderful. Blue happens to be my favorite color. I thank you for taking the time to pick everything out and packaging it so nicely. I just love the gift bag. I'm blown away. **sniffle**

Now I could be wrong (it happens every now and again ;) ) but I do believe my SS is um... CyclChyk? Yes?
Well, either way, whoever you are >>>>
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou - ooh hand cramp

Salute!
- Cindy

CyclChyk
10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
....ahem X...

I'dliketosayyousuckforguessingitwasmebutI'm grinningfromeartoearatyourhappiness!

That alone made my horrible day actually good. And for that I thank you. :D

Xrayted
10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Uh, thank ya. Uh, thank ya vera much! (Kinda dug Elvis as a kid, young Elvis that is)

You have no idea what sleuthing I did to figure it out. :eek: I'm exhausted. I think I may lose a finger from all the clicking if that helps.

You're the best! I can't wait until next month! Tomorrow I'll be finished packing my SS gift to send out. Wish I could send it along with my cute postie. (Hot, oh so hot!) Aaaaand gives me gifts everyday, ok sometimes their bills but still...

Mille grazie, Petra! The timing was perfect. I really needed the smile today.

Cindy

love2bike
10-17-2006, 06:42 AM
Thanks so much for the cute, pink (I love the color pink!) cycling socks, stationery and soap. It was wrapped in such an adorable box too!!!! You went to too much trouble....

The socks gave me extra incentive to get to my spinning class yesterday!!!!

Thanks again for the gift - It really made my day!!

Patty

guanajagirl
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks so much to my secret sister for my cute socks! I really like the chili pepper ones. They will go great with my Dr. "Pepper" shirt :D This whole experence was a blast. Count me in for next month!

chickwhorips
10-17-2006, 03:03 PM
I Shamed into action by a pair of socks... I decided to take them and the carb boom out on my least favorite trail (least because it is hilly) and see if they could carry me over my evil nemesis hill which is marked with a sign warning of a 9% grade. I don't know if that is actually steep, but it kicks my butt every time, and I must usually dismount in shame, crawling the rest of the way, nursing a side stitch.
But not today!
I managed to make it up the hill without stopping. Still had the side stitch, though, but did manage to retain a modicum of dignity. I place all the credit on the Power of the Socks!

i'm glad the power of the socks helped you!
(though i know it was you and not the socks!)

NJBikeGal
10-20-2006, 12:37 PM
It's pretty amazing that so many of us have received our little box-o-happiness on days that have been, well, less than happy. I've been having a rough week of it...still trying to recover from a diagnosis of mono (being told not to ride or run), studying my butt off for a midterm exam that I feel completely inadequately ready for, and finding out that a friend of ours (only 27 years old) passed away in his sleep.

I spent the afternoon pacing around the house...the DH asked me what I was so anxious for. I told him that I was waiting for the mail because I had a feeling that there was going to be something good in it. Well, DON'T YA KNOW, I received a package from Maryland (actually sent from DC...my detective work is underway!)!! Thank you to a great Secret Sister who sent hilariously funny socks...I will think of them as I "eat" my competition next year (and then jot down my conquests in my rockin' new Tri-Journal!), and peanut butter filled pretzels (yum...) that my DH has already tried to confiscate! :) Thank you for bringing a big smile into a tough week. Amazing how a little kindness from a total stranger can make you feel better. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

7rider
10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
WOW!!!

Thank you SS (Shelly!)!!! :D
Love the package - I'll be wearing those toasty SmartWool sock on tomorrow's ride (high 30's...brrrr!) - and the beautiful cards and all those extra goodies. I already smell of Strawberry Daiquiri.
And - AWESOME - you remembered my bunnies!! How sweet of you to include some treats (those spoiled rascals!) for them. Two paws way up from Noah and Tasha.

Thanks again!

eofelis
10-20-2006, 08:09 PM
I got my SS gift today from a wonderful woman in Sandy, UT. I love the nifty Smartwool socks! I also loved the little notebook. It's just the right size to take along for the day!

I'll be sending out some goodies to my SS next week. Sorry it's taking me so long to get my act together. I've been swamped with schoolwork!

ClockworkOrange
10-22-2006, 09:40 AM
It's pretty amazing that so many of us have received our little box-o-happiness on days that have been, well, less than happy. I've been having a rough week of it...still trying to recover from a diagnosis of mono (being told not to ride or run), studying my butt off for a midterm exam that I feel completely inadequately ready for, and finding out that a friend of ours (only 27 years old) passed away in his sleep.

I spent the afternoon pacing around the house...the DH asked me what I was so anxious for. I told him that I was waiting for the mail because I had a feeling that there was going to be something good in it. Well, DON'T YA KNOW, I received a package from Maryland (actually sent from DC...my detective work is underway!)!! Thank you to a great Secret Sister who sent hilariously funny socks...I will think of them as I "eat" my competition next year (and then jot down my conquests in my rockin' new Tri-Journal!), and peanut butter filled pretzels (yum...) that my DH has already tried to confiscate! :) Thank you for bringing a big smile into a tough week. Amazing how a little kindness from a total stranger can make you feel better. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

'Thank you for bringing a big smile into a tough week. Amazing how a little kindness from a total stranger can make you feel better. Thank you, thank you, thank you'!

So sorry you have had such a rough time but reading your post made me realise how many people hopefully, will feel exactly the same.

Sometimes we don't express our feelings about something......well said NJBikeGal.

Sally

Aggie_Ama
10-22-2006, 05:20 PM

What is funny is most of my SS presents have come on a trying day. Whether I was just exhausted, stressed or anything else. I don't want to have a bad day for my October one to arrive, but you are right it is a little box 'o sunshine. Isn't it nice to know we are able to brighten a stranger's day?

sulis
10-23-2006, 05:30 AM
Thank you to my wonderful SS for the yellow live strong socks (I didn't have any yellow socks, how did you know) and the beautiful floral note cards. You made my weekend! :D

Trekhawk
10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks Secret Sister (KiwiGirl???)
I love the socks and the hei matau notebook. It was such a nice suprise to get a parcel from NZ.

I will be giving those socks a good try out tomorrow.:D

light_sabe_r
10-23-2006, 04:53 PM
To my secret Sister, I'm very slack. Even though I organised it I only JUST got the last part of the parcel last night. It's on it's way via AIR MAIL today so HOPEFULLY you'll get it next monday or Tuesday.

Shiraz
10-23-2006, 07:15 PM
:D I was so blessed by your gift! I came home after a hard 14 hour day at the hospital and was so excited to find my package in my mail box. How did you know my favorite colors are red and blue??? I can not believe I got not one but TWO pairs of wonderful socks and two packages of sport beans:D and the most adorable journal and pen to track my biking adventures and an address book!!!!:D How did you know I needed a new address book?:D Your cheery card and gift was excactly what I needed. Thankyou, thankyou ,thankyou!!!

short cut sally
10-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Wow to my secret sister, Cheryl from Australia. I came home from my 12 hour shift and sitting on my counter was this Fed-Ex box..I thought, hmmm. I didn't order anything that should've come Fed-ex. Then I saw it was from TE. Thought, I've received my order from them so my curiosity was getting to me now . I threw all the mail aside and opened it to find 2 pairs of wool socks gift wrapped and stated they were from you.. The timing couldn't have been better. Woolie Boolie socks were on my order list this week as they are my favorite, and I just love the smart wool ones. Don't have any of those and can't wait to wear them. I put them on last night quick to model and they felt so cushy and soft...I am soooo excited , thanks so much. the gift wrapping was very nice, it was that extra added touch. Thanks again, I will wear them proudly and think of you..shelly j

Aggie_Ama
10-24-2006, 07:47 AM
I am worried with all the talk of Australia's customs that my gift didn't make it. :( This was my first time sending a package out of the country, so I am a little anxious. For next month can some post a list of things you CAN send to Australia?

**Still hoping customs hasn't destroyed the package. It should be brightening my sister's day soon.**:o

GLC1968
10-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Secret Sister!

I came home to an envelope covered with words about me and my DH had already got a good laugh out of it! It totally made me smile!

Then I opened it to find the perfect pair of socks for me. The have a pink pig on a white background with black outlines...did you know that my bike is white and black with pink accents? They couldn't be more perfect!

The notecards, bracelet and little treat were awesome as well! Thank you so much for putting so much thought/research into my gift!

Now...as to who you are...that took me awhile but I'm going to guess Haudlady? I took many summer weekends up into your neck of the woods when I lived in the Boston area, but I couldn't find a single commuter with your state as their location. New England was the closest I could find...am I right?? :confused: :)

Thanks again!

ClockworkOrange
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Was in a really crap mood this morning, all about something and nothing. Then realised the postman had delivered a parcel, hmmmmmmmmm, anticipation, excitement, YAY, my SS parcel had arrived.

I am so lucky, grateful, happy, in fact very surprised, all the lovely goodies. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Missbe/bighugs.png

One very posh pair of Smartwool Socks, one very cool pair of Air-E-Ator socks by DeFeet. I have never owned socks before that involved 'wicking', well, wicking sounds wicked, OK, I rarely wear socks but I will now, cos I have PROPER SOCKS! http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Missbe/PARTYanimal.gif

AND other things I have never tried or even seen, Clif Shot thingies, Mojo Bar and Sport Beans...........I love 'em all.

Another little extra was a fluorescent velcro strip, well, I have just started doing night riding so that will be used.

Thank you Mimitabby, http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Missbe/a_brownkitty.gif you are a very special SS and thanks Team Estrogen.

Sally

crazycanuck
10-24-2006, 03:00 PM
HEy aggie ama

www.aqis.gov.au is the link to the Australian quarantine service website which will let you know what you can and can't sent to Australia.

Don't panic quite yet dear!

c

Running Mommy
10-24-2006, 03:33 PM
I sent it a week ago, but it was going down under so I hope it gets there soon!! Usually the lady at the post office tells me how long it will take, but this lady said she had "no idea honey".... :cool: ..... sigh... POSTAL WORKERS!!!
I forgot to put the card in the box (left it on the counter at home) but it's chock full of goodies!!
Ohhhh I hope she gets it soon!!!
Nothing that should be in quarantine tho, so we should be good on that front.

chickwhorips
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
:cool: ..... sigh... POSTAL WORKERS!!!

hey! be nice! we can't promise anything. specially when its going to unknown parts of the world.

light_sabe_r
10-24-2006, 03:50 PM
For those of you sending down under. (:P) I wouldn't panic. It takes 7-12 days using AIR MAIL from the UK for stuff to get here. And From me sending stuff to the USA (based on when my SS posts thank yous) it takes about the same amount of time for my stuff to get to the USA.

I got a letter from the post office saying there's a parcel too pick up today. YAY!!! I'll have to get it on the way home.

laughlaugh18
10-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I got home from a cruddy day (sound familiar :rolleyes: ), and I got . . .

Squirrel Poo!!!! :D

It's authentic Brownsea Island, Dorset, England squirrel poo (aka chocolate covered raisins). Oh, man, I laughed and laughed. I also got lovely, sparkly socks (that have my screen name on them!), and a Happy Hippo, and a pretty little chinese silk jewelry pouch, and a plastic something I haven't quite figured out, and a brochure/postcards of Poole, from whence my SS hails (wow, that almost sounds British :p ).

And it all got here before the end of the month, despite my SS's worries. And I love it.

Thank you Sally (aka Clockwork Orange)!!

Cathy

roguedog
10-24-2006, 06:23 PM
To whomever my SS is,

THANK YOU for the wonderfully cute package. I got it at work today and left it on my desk all day so I could savor it when I got home. I left it next to my desk and everytime I came back from a meeting or something I got a secret little chuckle inside. Nice warm fuzzies all day.:p

Then I came home and opened it. It was wrapped with so much care and thoughtfulness! And such cute little toys. I LOVE toys... cuz uh.. they keep banning me from the Toys R Us for some reason.... but that's another story.

Anyway, THANKS for the nice warm socks, cute toys which I'll have to put on my desk @ work, and the really sweet card. You brought a smile to me all day and you'll be warming my tooties for much longer!:D

Thanks!!

p.s. you are also one sly bugger cuz i can't find any clues about where the package came from.

Haudlady
10-25-2006, 05:32 AM
I came home to an envelope covered with words about me and my DH had already got a good laugh out of it! It totally made me smile!

Now...as to who you are...that took me awhile but I'm going to guess Haudlady? I took many summer weekends up into your neck of the woods when I lived in the Boston area, but I couldn't find a single commuter with your state as their location. New England was the closest I could find...am I right?? :confused: :)

Good work! You got me. I'm glad you liked the socks... I didn't realize they would match so well - I just thought they were funny! "When Pigs Fly!"

I had fun with the envelope - I had forgotten how much fun it is to play with markers (of course, it helped that they were the scented kind :rolleyes: ).

I have NO CLUE who my SS is... I know she is from New Jersey, but that's all! Who are you???

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-25-2006, 05:43 AM
I suspect my SS was Xeney....am I right?? :cool:

Bikingmomof3
10-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I had just taken some Nyquil Sinus and was preparing to lie down when the postal carrier delivered a package for me.

My Secret Sister Rocks! Thank you Tri Girl!!!

OMG, did you make the stationary? I have never had personalized stationary before. :cool: Wow, the socks are wonderful! I will have the happiest feet around. :D
I already put the valve caps on, they are so cute! I loved the fact they are for ages 4 and up. I am as excited as a 4 year old! :p Thank you for the gels and bloks. I look forward to trying them out. The magnetic pad is on the frig looking bright and cheery. :)

Thank You!!!!!!!

chickwhorips
10-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Thank you SS aka salsa (i recognized the return address ;) )

i love the socks! specially the bear ones, just glad to see it wasn't a bear inside that package. i think i've seen enough real ones. the cycling ones will be worn tonight. hopefully they bring me luck with coach troy and he doesn't kick my butt to bad.

the cards are beautiful! the pens are fun, i love fun pens. the chocolate is staying with me, in my sight, and not going home so no one else eats it!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

xeney
10-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I suspect my SS was Xeney....am I right??

Nope, not me! Must be a different Sacramento girl. My SS has already posted that she received her package (and she PMd me, because I am dumb and forgot the SECRET part).

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Wow, then I guess she'll always be a secret! :o

mimitabby
10-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi guys, I got a BIG package from my SS, but she is REALLY secret and I don't know who she is, only that she's a california girl. What a pile of booty, including CHOCOLATE, ear warmers, socks, and beautiful note cards.

Such great socks, including Chinese peace socks, Is that a clue? argh.
Thanks so much.

I am so glad that this package was waiting for me. I was feeling pretty down today myself because I'm sleepdeprived AGAIN and kept nodding off in a meeting. ARGH

THank you! I will wear this stuff with pride. And the chocolate won't last... just so you know.
:cool:

chickwhorips
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
And the chocolate won't last... just so you know.
:cool:

does it ever last?

light_sabe_r
10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Aggie_Ama! Thank you soooooo much!

Those pretty poison socks are amazing! I LOVE pink and black (they'll go nicely with my new road bike when I finally get her) You hit the nail on the head with the sweatband. It's gets above 40 C (about 110 F I think) here in summer... Which starts next month and the humidity is the killer.

I love the stationary too! All my futer secret sisters will get their little notes on the cards until they run out. :P

As for the duck... I've got a disco on my work desk! BF is constantly getting up me because I lose my keys! I'm sure ducky will help me find him.

(I've got the Rubber ducky song in my head now!)

*sing* Rubber ducky your the one!
You make bathtime so much fun!! Rubber ducky I'm totally fond of YOU Whoop-whoop-dee-ddooo

I dunno what's scarier... the fact I've got the song in my head or the fact I still remember the words almost 20 years after seeing for the first time on Sesame st....

xeney
10-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh, Secret Sister! I had such a rotten day and there was a package for me! You are clearly a psychic secret sister, because I wanted those exact daisy socks and those bicycle Christmas cards, and I am not making that up! I also love the postcard and the bottle opener, and I haven't tried Sport Beans so I am taking them on my next ride.

Thank so much! It totally made my day.

Running Mommy
10-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Ok, I'm trying to figure out where Webster NY is??? I used to live on Long (longk) Island (eyelaand) so I know NY.... Hmmm.... Westchester cty perhaps?? Hmmmmm.
Anyhoo, thank you SOOO much for my gift!! And how did you know that I'm also known as Martha Stewart??? Tho I'm trying to lose some lb's as of late so I'm banning myself from baking this year... sigh.... :( ..... Usually I bombard my friends and family with baked goods over the holidays... But alas, MUST LOSE WEIGHT!!!! :rolleyes: nO "12 DAYS OF BISCOTTI" this year..

And I LOVE the socks! how did you know I've taken to wearing ankle socks??

I'm also taking my post it's to work tomorrow. My males coworkers get freaked out when I use the Team Estrogen ones that I got with my last order. Must be the "E" word!!! :D

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :)
Ciao bella!
Denise

im4smiley
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Thank you Secret sister Kim!!! :) What a nice surprise I got!! Smiley stickers!!! Sport Beans...I've been wanting to try them but couldn't find any!! Luna Bar, Nutz over Chocolate...YUM! Road Queen socks for doing the century ride!!! I got a lovely journal book and I loved your idea of writing down the ride directions on the index cards. Thank you so very much! You made my day!! :) :)

Aggie_Ama
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Aggie_Ama! Thank you soooooo much!

Those pretty poison socks are amazing! I LOVE pink and black (they'll go nicely with my new road bike when I finally get her) You hit the nail on the head with the sweatband. It's gets above 40 C (about 110 F I think) here in summer... Which starts next month and the humidity is the killer.

I love the stationary too! All my futer secret sisters will get their little notes on the cards until they run out. :P

As for the duck... I've got a disco on my work desk! BF is constantly getting up me because I lose my keys! I'm sure ducky will help me find him.

(I've got the Rubber ducky song in my head now!)

*sing* Rubber ducky your the one!
You make bathtime so much fun!! Rubber ducky I'm totally fond of YOU Whoop-whoop-dee-ddooo

I dunno what's scarier... the fact I've got the song in my head or the fact I still remember the words almost 20 years after seeing for the first time on Sesame st....

You are very welcome! I was so excited when I saw your new bike because I knew everything would go great. Glad it made it down there. :D

suzieqtwa
10-25-2006, 07:29 PM
What is a secret sister ,and how do I get one ,or become one.
suzie

tygab
10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
What a treat! I was delighted to get my package a few days ago, and apologize for the delay in posting (haven't had much Net time til tonight). Thank you secret sister!

I loved the clever surprise to open up the socks, and I will be wearing the smartwool ones for my predicted-to-be-very-cold first duathlon this weekend, and the sport beans will be handy also. I also loved the fleece throw, perfect for our cold nights, and all the other assorted goodies. The package really made my day!

Thank you again! I hope your SS is as kind!

crazycanuck
10-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I've no idea who sent me a package (could be from my mama or someone in Canada?) but i have one waiting at my local post office...

Now if the post office was open past 5pm i'd have it by now..Will have to wait until saturday mornnig...

c

Thistle
10-25-2006, 09:19 PM
i have a package waiting at the post office and cant get there :D :mad: :D

it's so frustrating... i'm hoping it's my ss package, but it might also be some stuff i ordered for DH... it really needs to be for me... cos it's all about me, not DH :p

omg it's so exciting to know there's a package and so frustrating to be unable to get there before they shut! i'm gunna try to get there tomorrow, but it might be sat morning! guess who's gunna be really disappointed if it's for DH :o

light_sabe_r
10-25-2006, 10:23 PM
What is a secret sister ,and how do I get one ,or become one.
suzie

Basically each you PM your name and postal address (as well as whatever information is required according to the theme) to the person organising for the month... a few weeks later you'll get a PM back with the name and address of someone else. (they could be from ANY part of the world!!) You have to go out and buy them a present which includes the themed item and post it to them. Trying to remain "Secret"

Go to this thread about November's SS.

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=10983

Aggie_Ama is the person to PM this month. But read the above thread to decide if you're going to participate

cherinyc
10-26-2006, 09:18 AM
My October SS package was dropped off at the post office today. I swear I carried that thing around with me for 3 days trying to get there. Why do post offices have to be open the exact hours that I am supposed to be at work? hello? inconvenient?

mimitabby
10-26-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm going to brag here. We have one post office that is next to the airport. it opens at 6am and closes at 11. it is open saturday and sunday. It is the "main" post office. The only problem is they are closed on holidays, including holidays on saturdays and sundays. It is always a bitter disappointment to drive up to that PO and then remember it's columbus day or something.
and you can even mail CHICKENS from there!
:D

Running Mommy
10-26-2006, 09:38 AM
I have a STRONG feeling it may be your secret sis gift... can't tell you how I know this, I just have a REAL strong feeling! :D
get yer bunz to thy post office!!! :D :D :D

tygab
10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
To whom have you mailed chickens?
I am not entirely sure that is a good thing, for the people involved, let alone the chickens...
;)

But yes, I have far fewer quibbles with the postal system these days. We have one that is self service 24 hrs a day, and open decent hours etc. And we even got our passports there last year.

Haudlady
10-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Our last "batch" of chickens (25 layers, 25 broilers) came in the mail! I ordered them from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I can't describe how nice it is to ride home from the post office with a box full of little peepers! They are so cute when they are young.

The birdies came on a Sunday, no less... and the main post office called us to pick them up so the little critters wouldn't sit there overnight. Now THAT'S service! :cool:

If only they would do that with your SS packages, too! :D

mimitabby
10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
To whom have you mailed chickens?
I am not entirely sure that is a good thing, for the people involved, let alone the chickens...
;)

But yes, I have far fewer quibbles with the postal system these days. We have one that is self service 24 hrs a day, and open decent hours etc. And we even got our passports there last year.

To other chicken fanciers. You get a shipping box (kind of like a skinny cardboard cat carrier) and 2 young chickens or 1 adult fit into them quite nicely.

YOu do one day shipping, pick the right weather, throw 4 quarters of an apple in there and a lot of bedding, and your chicken does just fine

wannaduacentury
10-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Our last "batch" of chickens (25 layers, 25 broilers) came in the mail! I ordered them from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I can't describe how nice it is to ride home from the post office with a box full of little peepers! They are so cute when they are young.

The birdies came on a Sunday, no less... and the main post office called us to pick them up so the little critters wouldn't sit there overnight. Now THAT'S service! :cool:

If only they would do that with your SS packages, too! :D

I'm down to one bantam, I miss my others that died (one of old age, the others an evil night critter) anyhow, we need to build a nice chickenhouse, next spring perhaps, I love feeding them and caring for them-I had about a dozen. Jennifer

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm down to one bantam, I miss my others that died (one of old age, the others an evil night critter) anyhow, we need to build a nice chickenhouse, next spring perhaps, I love feeding them and caring for them-I had about a dozen. Jennifer

I used to have ducks. They were pretty fun, and great eggs! Not much fun to try to keep the coop clean when everything is frozen solid though.
I remember when I first bought some ducks, from a local farmer. I asked him "How will I know when they're sick?" He replied "When they're dead." (Actually, not too far from the truth, because birds get sick, die, or recover pretty quickly as a rule.) :eek:

Nanci
10-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Got my socks today!!! I grew up in the Gopher State, but I always thought the Badger State had a cooler mascot...

Thank you so much!!!

Nanci

salsabike
10-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Thank you SS aka salsa (i recognized the return address ;) )

i love the socks! specially the bear ones, just glad to see it wasn't a bear inside that package. i think i've seen enough real ones. the cycling ones will be worn tonight. hopefully they bring me luck with coach troy and he doesn't kick my butt to bad.

the cards are beautiful! the pens are fun, i love fun pens. the chocolate is staying with me, in my sight, and not going home so no one else eats it!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

Well, it was a given you needed bear socks, after your adventure. And the PO wouldn't let me NOT put a return address so I knew I'd be outed. But brief pause for serious speech here:

I think the USPS is really excellent--inexpensive, fast, reliable. I don't get why people complain--maybe you need to experience postal services in other countries to appreciate how efficient the US system really is. The workers at my PO are quite nice, also.

Glad you liked your stuff!

Eat the chocolate yet?

chickwhorips
10-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Eat the chocolate yet?

oh yes i did. heaven. let me tell ya! btw wore the smartwool socks today, do you know they are my 1st pair of smartwool socks ever?

eofelis
10-26-2006, 07:26 PM
For all you sisters out there waiting:
I finally sent out a little box of goodies.

So someone will get a box next week.

Sorry it took so long. I've been swamped in school work!

Thistle
10-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Thank you sooooooooooo much!

I dont know where to start! Except that i'm sitting here with my cap on feeling pretty damn spiffy :D :D

I finally got to the post office 20 mins ago just as it was closing and it was for me!!!! The parcel was for me :D

OMG you have spoilt me soo much! I love the cap, i love love love the socks... they are so awesome! You have no idea. I love the bears.. how cool is that! I take it that's the california flag :confused: i had absolutely no idea!

I love the smiley faces... i love smiley faces. .. did i mention I LOVE smiley faces? :p and the hawaiian pink socks.. do you have any idea how long i've been eyeing them off on TE???????? Are you a mind reader? Thank you sooo much. :D :D

The sweatbands are awesome...i'm going in this big ride called "sydney to the gong (as in wollongong)" (www.gongride.org.au) next weekend with 8,000 other riders. Those sweatbands will make me look like a pro and i know they are gunna make me ride like a pro! There might be another 7,999 riders, but none of them will have my sweatbands :D

and the water bottle so purdy... and the stationery.. how cute is that cycling stationery and the beautiful california artwork! I know DH is going be after those when he gets home. :D :D hmm, might let him have ONE!;)

God i dont know where to start. Thank you so much. I feel so spoilt.

I had such a rotten week, i've had a pinched nerve in my back and been off the bike for 4 days :mad: :( :mad: and i've been testing participants flat out the last few days so i havent even had time to spend on TE!!!! :eek: :eek:

You are the best! Thank you so so much!

ps what is the blue thing? is it a massager? :confused: :confused: ha ha, i dont know what it is... but it's such a pretty blue and it feels good if you use it as a massager :p :p

kerrybelle
10-27-2006, 02:58 AM
To my SS:

Sorry for the delay, but I finally make it to the PO. You should have your gifts by the end of the month.

Kerry

NJBikeGal
10-27-2006, 04:35 AM
To other chicken fanciers. You get a shipping box (kind of like a skinny cardboard cat carrier) and 2 young chickens or 1 adult fit into them quite nicely.

YOu do one day shipping, pick the right weather, throw 4 quarters of an apple in there and a lot of bedding, and your chicken does just fine

hmmm...sounds like a great idea for a nice warm Secret Sister month!! <<Takes a notation in her journal>>

Chickens all around! :D

Xrayted
10-27-2006, 06:17 AM

Woop, woop, woop - thread drift...
True Story: I was at the beach earlier this year with a few friends and we were hanging at a small, out of the way local Irish pub. The food is excellent and the beer is priced right. (They've got 2 wheat beers on tap!)
There was a sign hanging up that said "3 chicken dinners for a dollar. Ask your server." So, of course, I'm the one who's gotta ask. She says nothing, goes into the kitchen and returns with... you got it, 3 hardboiled eggs on a plate. She loudly made a joke at my expense (caught everyone's attention at the bar) and started to walk away. I stopped her and promptly asked for two pieces of toast. :confused: (No, I wasn't drinkin'. Yet.)
She comes back with the toast. I cut up 2 of the eggs with my fork, added some mayo from the squirt bottle and turned it into a pretty tasty egg salad sandwich. I just left the other egg sitting there until the check came. I thanked her for the wonderful service, told her I was stuffed and then asked if I could get a doggy bag for my egg. hehehe - I got a free beer from the bartender on that one. Lesson learned: don't mess with X. :rolleyes: :D (Note: DON'T mix eggs and beer. Not good in the long run.)

FYI: Madelyn came down and hung out with us at the beach the next morning before her shift. Neat gal with a great sense of humor.

**Now back to the SS swap stories.**

Brina
10-27-2006, 02:47 PM
UK Elephant you rock. As a SS you go above and beyond in finding the TD related items. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

CyclChyk
10-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok so I got home today from a totally cruddy day/week at work. You know the kind where you want to just quit and walk out without a second glance/thought/care about what you have just done? Well, it was that kind, only worse.

SO I get home, and excitedly look to my front porch hoping that there might be something there waiting for me from someone I have never met. It so would have made my week fade into a distant memory. But alas, nothing.

So my DH and I go to eat some fajitas and hit Lowes for ceramic tile (re-doing a bathroom) and return home. Its raining; I am frustrated because I did not work out tonite and I ate way too many chips and salsa..... walk to my mailbox for what I know will be way too many bills tucked inside. But SURPRISESURPRISESURPRISE! Its a package and its for me and its from someone I have never met!

I rush inside proclaiming to my DH of my findings and rip into my package. (Gently of course. Things of importance need to be handled with care).

The first thing I notice is that its not a bag of $50's but a bag of $100's!!!! WOOHOO!!! I hit the motherload!!! Boy did I LAUGHLAUGH at least 18 times! ;) There were also some $20's thrown in so I'd have something "smaller" to spend.....

My secret sis must be an awesome person cuz she took the time to KNOW that I wanted a bag of $50's, and doubled it. She knew I love my Bianchi so much that she got me some very cool Bianchi socks. I also got a Bianchi sticker which I will display proudly. I got a weekly to do list, and a very cool to list with magnets for my fridge and a disney pen (I love disney!) and cards and lil pads of to do notes..... this was just a great surprise that came on the day I needed it most.

{{{{{Cathy}}}}} You rock LaughLaugh18!:D

OMG I am having to edit cuz I left out that I got a very cool-o Bianchi catalog as well! My DH is trying to hide it so I don't get any ideas ;)

mimitabby
10-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Ok so I got home today from a totally cruddy day/week at work. You know the kind where you want to just quit and walk out without a second glance/thought/care about what you have just done? Well, it was that kind, only worse.

SO I get home, and excitedly look to my front porch hoping that there might be something there waiting for me from someone I have never met. It so would have made my week fade into a distant memory. But alas, nothing.

So my DH and I go to eat some fajitas and hit Lowes for ceramic tile (re-doing a bathroom) and return home. Its raining; I am frustrated because I did not work out tonite and I ate way too many chips and salsa..... walk to my mailbox for what I know will be way too many bills tucked inside. But SURPRISESURPRISESURPRISE! Its a package and its for me and its from someone I have never met!

I rush inside proclaiming to my DH of my findings and rip into my package. (Gently of course. Things of importance need to be handled with care).

The first thing I notice is that its not a bag of $50's but a bag of $100's!!!! WOOHOO!!! I hit the motherload!!! Boy did I LAUGHLAUGH at least 18 times! ;) There were also some $20's thrown in so I'd have something "smaller" to spend.....

My secret sis must be an awesome person cuz she took the time to KNOW that I wanted a bag of $50's, and doubled it. She knew I love my Bianchi so much that she got me some very cool Bianchi socks. I also got a Bianchi sticker which I will display proudly. I got a weekly to do list, and a very cool to list with magnets for my fridge and a disney pen (I love disney!) and cards and lil pads of to do notes..... this was just a great surprise that came on the day I needed it most.

Hey CyclChik,
what do you mean??? you have a SS who gives you lots of money??

CyclChyk
10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Hey CyclChik,
what do you mean??? you have a SS who gives you lots of money??

Well, it's paper, and the BIG pieces look like hundreds and the smaller pieces look like twenties...... but can I spend it at a store??

Probably not :p

crazycanuck
10-27-2006, 06:16 PM
TheaV, thank so much for the funky package. The socks are cool and i too wish for no stacks while wearing them. I'll smell nice for Ian with the body butter...*trying hard not to type the oh so adult comment i just thought of*;)

The funniest thing is the little pegs :) . Ian said "We have Winnipeg and now little peg..". I think ya had to be there..

Thanks again thea!!!

Have a good one

c

btchance
10-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Got the second half of my SS today - and thank you for the goodies! I have to say I could have used one of those "prescription" pads this week!! Also love the gift certificate - I'll be playing with that this weekend. Thanks!

laughlaugh18
10-27-2006, 09:10 PM

CC - :D :D :D

I'm so glad you figured me out! I guess I peppered my note with enough "laughs" (I like to give my SS hints in my stuff to figure out who I am, but was too subtle by half last month; I guess this month it worked ;) )

I had so much fun putting your package together. I knew Bianchi socks were a necessity the second I got you; the play money was the bonus (and don't I wish I had bags of real money I could share!!). The Disney pen is celebrating Disneyland's 50th Birthday, and I got it at Disneyland.

Yippee; I made my SS happy!

Toni
10-28-2006, 04:22 AM
Dear SS in Nebraska!

Thanks so much for the all the great "goodies" in my SS package! I love the alligator pen! And I have a jersey that says "Biker Chick" so the socks will be a perfect match (How did you know??)!:D

And like so many others I received it on a day when I needed to smile. My girlfriend and I decided to end our 4 year relationship the night before. I needed the smile. Thanks.

CyclChyk
10-28-2006, 04:23 AM
CC - :D :D :D

I'm so glad you figured me out! I guess I peppered my note with enough "laughs" (I like to give my SS hints in my stuff to figure out who I am, but was too subtle by half last month; I guess this month it worked ;) )

Yippee; I made my SS happy!

Ok, I wasn't going to point out yet again how much of a dork I am but here goes: I'm investigaing. Trying to figure out who my SS is.... when I get it figured out I said to my DH "HEY! She put "I hope it makes you laugh laugh" on her card! That's a dead giveaway!"

Well it's a dead giveaway for those with a brain. For the rest of us, the clouds clear up only when its spelled out in words no more than 4 letters each.....:rolleyes:

mimitabby
10-28-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm still totally clueless as to who might be my SS.. She's a generous California person and i know she likes coffee.

:)

roguedog
10-28-2006, 07:35 AM
To SS,

Just wanted you to know that I'm wearing my Tough Girl socks on a 30 mi ride today! And, man, they soooo match my bike and bike jersey. Makes me look all matched up.

Man, they're pretty comfy too! <wiggling toes> Um.. maybe they have some magic that will offset the bottle of sake and beer I had last night. Oy. :/

Thanks again!

kerrybelle
10-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Thank you SS! The wool socks will get lots of use. Espresso Love Gu is one of my favorite flavors and I haven't tried the sportlegs before. I've heard good things about it and am anxious to try it. Now I need to get a new book to go with my new bookmark. The notecards are great, too. Thanks for everything. Of course, you didn't leave any clues to who you are but I appreciate everything.

Kerry

solobiker
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
To my SS, Thank you so very much for the gifts. I loved all of it. The socks are great. Even though it is getting cold here I am going to proudly display them on my next bike ride:D. I also love the Kugel. The colors in it are great and in fact the house that my DH and I will be movining into, hopefully in the first part of Dec, match the colors in the house. Awesome!!! The sweet treats were a very nice suprise. I also love the note book. Gosh, there is so much to thank you for. You are very nice and scincere, Thanks again for everything, you brightened my day.

SunnyHazel
10-30-2006, 04:45 PM
My husband opened the package. Said he heard the little bell keychain and thought something was broken so he needed to look. I think he was just jealous that I got a package! I was on the phone with him and hear "oooh, socks!" So far they're still mine, but he's eyeing them!!

Thanks so much for everything!

DDH
10-30-2006, 06:54 PM
I got a nifty little package in the mail today from a Secret sister who is in one of my favorite places to vacation. I love Colorado. We love to go camping in the mountains for vacations when we can afford to go.

I love my socks, and thank you for the lip balm. I am going to put it in my pack because I always forget to get any or put it on. With the dryer weather it will come in handy. I love the little bike journal too. That is a very handy little thing, I would have never known where to get something like that. The little inspirational cards. My favorite is "This i my life. It is my one time to be me. I want to experience every good thing." I love that.
It was great to wait in anticipation for a package I knew was coming but did not know when. Then today, I was like a little kid opening my package to see what great stuff I got. Thanks for an exciting day.

I know the post card was for a hint, but I am not sure I got the hint. LOL
I'm still researching you. ;)

PAP103
10-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Thank you Catherine from NC for the wonderful box of surprises I came home to yesterday. Two pairs of socks - how did you know that I'm a sock fanatic? The Daisy Dukes match my favorite jersey perfectly and the Woolie Boolie socks will be going out hiking next weekend. I LOVE them both. I also love the cutest notecards and note paper. The colors are so cheerul and fun.

You made my day - I can't thank you enough!!!!

Patty

GLC1968
10-31-2006, 09:54 AM
Thank you Catherine from NC for the wonderful box of surprises I came home to yesterday. Two pairs of socks - how did you know that I'm a sock fanatic? The Daisy Dukes match my favorite jersey perfectly and the Woolie Boolie socks will be going out hiking next weekend. I LOVE them both. I also love the cutest notecards and note paper. The colors are so cheerul and fun.

You made my day - I can't thank you enough!!!!

Patty

I'm glad you liked it! Talk about under the wire...huh? Last day of October and I j-u-s-t made it! ;)

:)

DDH
10-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Well, I have researched and the only person I can find that lives in Grand Junction, Colorado or has posted anything about riding the monument canyon is surlypacer. Are you my secret sister?

MomOnBike
10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Minor thread drift here:

DH has been watching how much fun I've been having buying/getting socks & stuff, so when he went to Austin this last week, he came home with Chili Pepper socks. :D

OK, they aren't cycling socks, but really cool fun socks, and I really like them. Yes, men CAN learn. (whod'a thunk it?)

OK, back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Trek420
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Dear Secret Santa in San Jose.

You're local, so one would think I would know exactly who you are.

I love the California cycling socks, you're in CA I'm in CA so that's not a clue....and the doggie note cards awwwww so cute :::surfs off to "show us your pets":::: does that look like your dog?

The Tide to go stain removal stick...hmmm, someone who's seen my shirts perhaps? Thank you for the lip balm too. hmmmmm, who can it be now?

BleeckerSt_Girl
10-31-2006, 06:45 PM
I love the California cycling socks, you're in CA I'm in CA so that's not a clue.......who can it be now?

I'm still trying to guess my Oct secret sister too!! Arghhh! She is from CA. Was it YOU, Trek420???? :rolleyes: :confused:

wannaduacentury
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
:p
SS Please forgive my package coming late to you. Actually it was sent last week, but in my excitement and haste of re-using an old box, I forgot to tear the old label off so it bounced around snail mail for a week. Fortunately, I had a return addy on it and thanks to my long time, superb postmaster, she caught the error and let me know what happened. I took reponsibility for not tearing the old sticker off(she blamed the mailing post office for the error as well):rolleyes: The parcel is now officially on its way "Again" to you. It is headed due W-N-W as the crow flies(from my vantage point anyhow). Please accept my apologies for the error.:)

gobles
11-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Dear SS in Centerville OH. Just received your package today, not postman's falt, mine. I still have a hard time getting out to my PO box since my accident so your package sat there for two weeks.

Thank you for the TWO pairs of great socks and the beautiful stationary and sticky notes. The candy was a great treat. Thank you for the thought you put into my package and once I can ride again, I will be wearing your socks.

Stacy:)

uk elephant
11-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Yay! I finally got my package too! It arrived Monday, but because I never get home from work before the post office closes, I couldn't pick it up till today. Thank you for all the lovely goodies!!! I haven't figured out who it is, except that it's someone from Texas. Hmmmm.....searching for clues to who it is could be a good form of procrastination, but I should maybe do some work first.....

All the socks are great! And the stationary! And the fantastic glittery pens. I can see more procrastination coming on as I write my to-do lists in colorful glittery patterns and write letters to people!

Thank you!!!!

kiwi girl
11-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks SS from Oregon

once I get clear of some stuff at work I'm going to try and figure out who you are - that customs declaration sure makes the detective work a bit easier

I'm wearing one pair of the socks at work now (its casual Friday) and will wear another pair for my triathlon on Sunday. The stationary is great too - cheers

kiwi girl
11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Kitsune?

biking4health
11-03-2006, 04:00 AM
I had the worst day at work yesterday and then came home to find no Internet..but I had a great package in the mail to brighten my day!

Thank you SS Sunny in Arkansas. I got a great pair of socks with Arkansas Razorbacks on them, very pretty notecards with matching envelopes and some cute sticky notes.

Thank you so much for brightening my day:D

Carol

extra-vert
11-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Oh my gosh!!! Oh geeeeezzzz S.S. - it's on the way!!!! November came and hit me unexpectedly!! Please forgive the wait!
:eek:

mountainpuddles
11-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks so much for the socks and the package!! I have the card with me at all times in my wallet.

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance"

Becky

salsabike
11-06-2006, 10:31 AM
:p
SS Please forgive my package coming late to you. Actually it was sent last week, but in my excitement and haste of re-using an old box, I forgot to tear the old label off so it bounced around snail mail for a week. Fortunately, I had a return addy on it and thanks to my long time, superb postmaster, she caught the error and let me know what happened. I took reponsibility for not tearing the old sticker off(she blamed the mailing post office for the error as well):rolleyes: The parcel is now officially on its way "Again" to you. It is headed due W-N-W as the crow flies(from my vantage point anyhow). Please accept my apologies for the error.:)

No apologies necessary! Just got your package. Ate the candy. LOVE the socks (merino, with cups of coffee printed on them), AND the coffee--this is, after all, the capital of coffee. I put the headband up against the Bianchi and it's actually a pretty close match--and I AM a headband-wearer, but don't have that warm fleecy kind, so that is perfect!

Did you post pics of your five cats on the "show us your pet" thread? Needless to say, I love the cat notes.

Thanks, kiddo, for all! I really, really like my October package.

wannaduacentury
11-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Thankyou{{{{ SS}}}} for the lovely gifts. I loved everything and was touched at how much thought you put into it :) It was worth the wait. Inside the lovely blue daisy gift bag were notecards adorable w/ 70's -80's vintage road bikes, organic choc bar and fruit sport beans(they sound yummy), natural goat soap(how did you know I like natural products?) and 2 sets of cheerful socks :) And a book to help train for a century by Bicycle Mag. Thankyou so much. With a reply to your lovely handwritten note for a vitual century training partner. You're on!! Jennifer

wannaduacentury
11-06-2006, 10:46 AM
No apologies necessary! Just got your package. Ate the candy. LOVE the socks (merino, with cups of coffee printed on them), AND the coffee--this is, after all, the capital of coffee. I put the headband up against the Bianchi and it's actually a pretty close match--and I AM a headband-wearer, but don't have that warm fleecy kind, so that is perfect!

Did you post pics of your five cats on the "show us your pet" thread? Needless to say, I love the cat notes.

Thanks, kiddo, for all! I really, really like my October package.

I'm glad you like it Salsa-I knew the coffee and kitty bit were right on target :) I love coffee too and yes I need to post all my pets(I only put one kitty up-Molly B & W). Glad you like the headband. I know seatle can be chilly and rainy, so the headband and socks to help you ride, and the treats to enjoy after the ride. In whichever order you choose esp the choc. Jennifer

;)

Duck on Wheels
11-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Back Tuesday from a long day's flight. Sinuses bursting. Ears popped. Knees stiff. But DH has supper waiting, and a stack of mail by my place, with a package. Yay! cool socks! flowery letterpaper! I felt better right away! Sorry I didn't get right on line to thank you, whoever you are. No hints I could gather from the gifts, but maybe you're on the TE map ...? Now off to the map site to check.

Crankin
11-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I signed up for the Sept. SS and never received anything. Does this happen a lot?
I DID send my SS a T shirt, which probably arrived around Sept. 30th.

Robyn

SJCzar
11-13-2006, 10:15 AM
I've received something from my Secret Sister two months out of the last four.....although maybe October is still coming.

I enjoy shopping for my SS, so it's not going to stop me from participating, but I'd be curious to know if this is getting to be more common.

BleeckerSt_Girl
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
I've received something from my Secret Sister two months out of the last four.....although maybe October is still coming.

I enjoy shopping for my SS, so it's not going to stop me from participating, but I'd be curious to know if this is getting to be more common.

Wow, I'd want to know that too. I can't IMAGINE signing up for SS and receiving and keeping a gift and then never sending one out. I would feel really crappy if I did that. Don't sign up if you have trouble fullfilling your end, I'd say. It's SAD to shop and send out a nice treat, hearing about others receiving their packages, and then nothing ever comes for you. :(

mimitabby
11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm still trying to guess my Oct secret sister too!! Arghhh! She is from CA. Was it YOU, Trek420???? :rolleyes: :confused:

Lisa, i don't know who mine was either. I guess she really really wanted it to be a secret.

and I agree with you. I feel bad about the gals who aren't getting stuff.
But remember we are kind of an anonymous community and ANYONE could sign up here and participate. It would be hard to make rules to protect us, but the best thing would be like Aggie_Ama said; just write to her and let her know that you are still waiting because SOMEONE has the original lists of who was assigned to whom.

roguedog
11-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Well, on the flip side, I never found out if my Sept SS got her pkg though the company says it was delivered. I haven't heard complaints about it not making it there.. but jsut never got confirmed that it had arrived safely.

light_sabe_r
11-13-2006, 04:23 PM
If anyone hasn't recieved anything from October PLEASE let me know. Same as if you have sent something and haven't heard anything let me know and I'll contact your SS on your Behalf. (I've had a few people request this from me already)

Strange. My Oct SS hasn't recieved anything yet, and yet my November SS has already recieved hers. ;_; Not Really fair of the postal services...

GLC1968
11-14-2006, 04:47 AM
If anyone hasn't recieved anything from October PLEASE let me know. Same as if you have sent something and haven't heard anything let me know and I'll contact your SS on your Behalf. (I've had a few people request this from me already)

Ditto, but for September (the month I organized). I'd hate to think that some of you are getting short changed! I have personally had packages disapear in the postal system, so it absolutely happens. Let's try and work this out for everyone!

Bikingmomof3
11-14-2006, 05:12 AM
I agree. I have sent two packages where the tacking showed the package did not exist :eek: and I was freaking out both times, but my SS for both Sept and Oct did receive them, whew! :)

Aggie_Ama
11-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Angelique-

Thank you so much for the socks and ride log!! I had a tiring afternoon yesterday and was so happy to have a package in my mailbox. The socks are so cute and I love the low cut. Most of mine are higher, it is hard to find cute low ones.

I am so jealous of all the photos on my ride log. It is inspiring me to save for a riding vacation.

Thanks again!

oxysback
11-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Thanks SS from Oregon

once I get clear of some stuff at work I'm going to try and figure out who you are - that customs declaration sure makes the detective work a bit easier

I'm wearing one pair of the socks at work now (its casual Friday) and will wear another pair for my triathlon on Sunday. The stationary is great too - cheers

You're welcome! :D I hope the socks fit ok and I'm glad the package didn't take too long to get there.

mountainpuddles
11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
For the month of September, I didn't receive my S.S.. Perhaps it got lost in the mail.

Becky

mountainpuddles
11-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey Trek, I am glad you enjoyed your goodies. We can meet up and go riding sometime. I don't think I have ever ridden with you.

Becky

margo49
11-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Very clever SS
I thought I had it good becaue you have to sign a customs declaration; but this smart SS had an unintelligible sig....Comes from a place called Silver Spring which sounds nice.
Great smart-wool soxes in pale purple shades which make me feel really pretty. Born in New Zealand I also go tingly all over when I see the word "merino"!
I am also a tea freak so the stationery was perfect!
And the Clif-shots.... we ain't got nothin' like that here. Wow! Am I cool!
(Not my feet of course)
Our post lady closed her post office for a while ...
International post + Middle East chaos + kibbutz anarchy = total postal disruption in and out

SJCzar
11-16-2006, 08:17 AM
The mailman just delivered a truly wonderful package for me. I have the most fabulous Secret Sister.

As soon as I opened it I could smell the soaps. I can't wait to take a nice hot bath tonight and try it out. With the weather turning cold around here my skin can use some extra pampering. My SS even translated all the writing on the packaging for me so I'd know the whole story behind it.

I loved the color of the journal and the socks are really cute and fun. I've been really lucky to have this same SS more than once .... I guess I'll have to start letting the rest of you have a chance to experience her SS greatness.

crazycanuck
11-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Whenever I send a SS package overseas I have it insured & I get the tracking number just on the odd chance...

Ahh the joys of being a down under SS...can't remain anonymous and have to keep the faith with the postal system...ahhhh

c

margo49
11-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Yeeeowww!
She got it, she got it!
And she likes everything!

I was getting worried that I had copied the addy wrong -
how many of you have this worry and check all the letters and numbers of the post-code 7000000 times, send it off and *still* worry that you got it wrong?

7rider
11-17-2006, 08:32 AM
I was getting worried that I had copied the addy wrong -
how many of you have this worry and check all the letters and numbers of the post-code 7000000 times, send it off and *still* worry that you got it wrong?

Oh, yeah!!!
Been there. Don't that!

oxysback
11-21-2006, 08:06 AM
I got a package yesterday!! It was from my SS in Florida! When I opened it I found the coolest socks I've ever seen...
http://www.footeco.com/ellen/ss2.jpg

I also found a polar water bottle that matches my bike, and a Brave Soldier Emergency Kit with handy things like gauze, Advil (a MUST!), anteseptic wipes, and Brave Soldier Friction Zone chamois stuff. Can't wait to try the chamois stuff out! (the couch potato in the background is my daughter)
http://www.footeco.com/ellen/ss1.jpg

And lastly, some magnetic note pads that I love!
http://www.footeco.com/ellen/ss3.jpg

So much to the delight of my hubby, and because I've been a couch potato since September, I put my snazzy socks on and got on the trainer for 30 minutes.
http://www.footeco.com/ellen/ss4.jpg

A big hearty THANK YOU to my ss in Florida! You're awesome! I'll have to do some reasearch later to figure out who you are. :D

light_sabe_r
11-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Oxysback!!!! I love your Shoes!!!!! What brand are they!!! Where can I get them from! (they'd go perfectly with my pink bike!)

7rider
11-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I believe I see the Performance "P" on those shoes, yes?
Oxysback - I you'll love Brave Soldier. The healing ointment is GREAT for road rash (scrapes). I'm a firm believer is the stuff....

lauraelmore1033
11-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Darnit! I'm supposed to be buying gifts for others, but when I saw the bad kitty/crazy cat lady socks I had to have them. I bought one of each! Bad crazy cat lady. Bad. Bad!:o . Bad TE for making impulse purchases so easy...

oxysback
11-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Oxysback!!!! I love your Shoes!!!!! What brand are they!!! Where can I get them from! (they'd go perfectly with my pink bike!)

Hate to dissapoint you, but they're red, not pink (I'd really love a pink pair, too!) . I took the pictures with my camera phone and the quality was not that good. They are great shoes, though. I got them on sale from Performance for $42.00. They're Forte's, I think.

oxysback
11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I believe I see the Performance "P" on those shoes, yes?
Oxysback - I you'll love Brave Soldier. The healing ointment is GREAT for road rash (scrapes). I'm a firm believer is the stuff....

Yep...they're Performance Forte's.

Can't wait to try out the Brave Soldier. I've heard great things about it!

uforgot
11-29-2006, 12:51 PM
My poor ss was just beside herself because my package had not arrived. She was submitting private messages to me to see if it had arrived through saber who organized it that month. (sneaky saber) It certainly looks like it has been around the world, thanks to the postal system! Anyway, after several weeks I got it today and let me tell you it's terrific! I love the chocolate (of course) but the best part is... the Australian animals on the outside! Can't wait to show my students tomorrow. Some have never even been out of Missouri. And the gummies too! What a great idea to send a pen and notebook from where you work! I am always using those things, and I love the socks. Haven't tried Lorna Jane but the colors match my road bike perfectly. How DID you know! Thanks also for the stationery and the pink breast cancer awareness bracelet. I had one, but lost it, so now I have a replacement. Ah, you made my day. Now if I'm snowed in tomorrow (that's what they are saying here) I can write letters and munch on Australian chocolate. Thanks so much to my Aussie SS!!!:D