PDA

View Full Version : Planet Bike Spot?

pooks
10-13-2006, 06:20 AM
http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=17573

I had a couple of these added to one of my TE orders this summer and have never taken them out of the box (for my husband and me). I think I was just looking for something inexpensive and wasn't giving it much thought -- now I'm staring at them, thinking I should buy better ones and return these, or sell them.

Does anybody have these? What do you think about them?

It evidently has only one LED. The tail light I just ordered has 10, which is why I'm thinking this one must not be very bright.

mimitabby
10-13-2006, 06:44 AM
If i had one, i would put it on my bike. The more lights, the better!
I want one of the red ones to stick on my helmet too.

You can't have too many lights when riding in the winter!

pooks
10-13-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't have a lot of room on my bar for lights, so was thinking about getting a stronger one instead of this one.

DirtDiva
10-13-2006, 06:49 PM
My front light (Cateye something-or-other) has only got one LED, yet is plenty bright. Not nighttime mountain biking bright, but certainly nighttime commuting bright. Depends how they're made, really. Turn 'em on in the dark and see what they're like. :)

pooks
10-14-2006, 08:18 PM
I went ahead and put the batteries in one and turned it on. Not amazingly bright, but as you say, probably bright enough to be seen around the neighborhood at night!

Blueberry
10-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Pooks-

I saw one of these on the bike of one of my LBS wrenches and asked on your behalf. He doesn't use it to *see* just to *be seen*. He says that it works quite well for that - he prefers to use it on flash, though. He actually wishes he had bought the small cateye that's waterproof to 50 m and has a better mount (easier to get on and off, can be mounted on helmet, etc).

Carrie Anne

pooks
10-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Good info. Thanks!

Riding on city neighborhood streets, we've got street lights that do a decent job and would just be cruising for pleasure, not going fast. So being seen is probably the most important thing. But I'm glad to have the reco of the other Cateye, too.